PDA

View Full Version : Downloading from 2 sites

kostnkost
12-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Probably a newb question, but I was curious if it was possible to download the same exact file from 2 different sites. I figure to increase download speeds.

SiNa
12-30-2007, 11:05 PM
i used to do this with public sites, but i dont know about private ones

kostnkost
12-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Same here till I received my 1st infringement letter, lol.

Private all the way now.

fOrUmAs
12-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Probably a newb question, but I was curious if it was possible to download the same exact file from 2 different sites. I figure to increase download speeds.

why dont u try and see what will happend?

no u cant download both same files from different sites,but u can seed same fiile on both sites :)

kostnkost
12-30-2007, 11:22 PM

why dont u try and see what will happend?

no u cant download both same files from different sites,but u can seed same fiile on both sites :)

I tried unsuccessfully that is why I asked;)

fstokebanget
12-31-2007, 02:00 AM
if you want the speed increased, just find a tracker that has a good speed like SCC, FTN, or ScT, surely you'll get a maximum speed there

pandabear
12-31-2007, 06:42 AM
No you cannot, unless you assign each torrent its own files. Writing to the same file from two torrents with diff pieces should corrupt it. So just split the files, so each torrent only downloads half of the files. Then stop and force recheck, and seed both files away.

Potential problems. diff sites often don't have perfect copies of each other sites rars, so when you recheck, it will show the file as 98% complete.

fsephie
12-31-2007, 06:53 AM
No you cannot, unless you assign each torrent its own files. Writing to the same file from two torrents with diff pieces should corrupt it. So just split the files, so each torrent only downloads half of the files. Then stop and force recheck, and seed both files away.

Potential problems. diff sites often don't have perfect copies of each other sites rars, so when you recheck, it will show the file as 98% complete.

How often have you had that happen? Every single time that I do multiple seeds it's never a problem. Neither should adding multiple trackers to the download, just make sure that things like sfv's and samples are included in both.

krunktastic
12-31-2007, 07:05 AM
Just add the trackers into the properties menu, problem solved :P

12-31-2007, 07:10 AM
Just add the trackers into the properties menu, problem solved :P

u gonna be banned for cheating if u did that in private trackers

trust me :P

pandabear
12-31-2007, 07:12 AM
How often have you had that happen? Every single time that I do multiple seeds it's never a problem. Neither should adding multiple trackers to the download, just make sure that things like sfv's and samples are included in both.

That happens to me nearly every other day. Like i tried getting traveller from ftn, but the seed dropped off, so i started leeching from TL, then tried to force check back, and some of the rars weren't syncing. I am not sure what sites you use, but on most sites i try overseed, they occasionally synch up, but they don't match up just as often.

fstokebanget
12-31-2007, 05:52 PM
the important thing here is just don't use this method on the private trackers, surely you'll get a trouble there :)