PDA

View Full Version : Which Mod-chip Should I Get

Vamp
07-26-2003, 02:19 PM
Console games here are roughly $70, I have an Xbox and a PS2 and spend more time with the few console games I have then on PC games. I want to know which mod-chip to get...I can get a Messiah PS2 chip for around $50 and an Xbox one for $100, which should I get now?
I'm thinking PS2 because my one friend has over 200 PS2 copies which he said he'll lend/give me...He has around 49 Xbox copies.

I mean, each Xbox's games graphics/technology sooo superior to PS2!

Tao Feng for Xbox VS MK 5 for PS2

Halo Vs Red Faction 2

Morrowwind VS Way Of The Saumrai

See what I mean?

kms1357
07-26-2003, 03:28 PM
well i have a ps2 and i tried installing a modchip but i fucked up the ps2 so i got a new on and i got a Magic 3 Modchip(the modchip was good but my soildering sucked) it is alot better then the messiah(which in reality is a magic 2 in a different color name and some features{less of em})...if u get the wireing job from someone for 175 or so and throw in another 250 for a dvd burner and dvds, ur set to go...but i dont recommend getting one at all, its not worth it....and 1 more thing but xbox sux, graphics may be better but controlls and value suck to me

if still interested go to www.modchip.ca or www.modchips.ca, not sure witch one

stoi
07-26-2003, 03:28 PM
$100 for an Xbox one, bloody hell where are you shopping, ive seen them for $28 for a lite version and $52 for a pro version online.

if i was you i would get the ps2 chipped first and then in a few months get the xbox chipped, as not all xboxes will read cdr media at all, this means you have to transfer the games from yout pc to the xbox hdd via ftp, so sooner or later you will have tou by a bigger hdd as well for the xbox.

+ there are a lot more ps2 games out there at the moment, wait a couple of months and you will see a huge increase in xbox games, but until then just get your PS2 chipped

stoi

Vamp
07-26-2003, 03:50 PM
I'm not going to be copying my own games...My friend will suply me with whatever game I want...Can both the Messiah and Xbox's Matrix chip play game copies on DVD's?

Vamp
07-26-2003, 09:05 PM
bump

gbfan
07-26-2003, 09:34 PM
I have a question. Can you play online with a modded ps2? Since I know you can't with an xbox unless you get the switch thing. Thx :D

dmorgan89
07-26-2003, 10:29 PM
if your buying a xbox modchip for 100 bucks then your getting ripped off.

www.system-mods.com

Phlipmode
07-26-2003, 10:43 PM
can u even burn XBOX Games? and if so how? :huh:

inferno_gn
07-27-2003, 05:47 PM
Hi there,

*lol* It make me curious if you can afford to buy the consoles, but not the games, why bother getting them in the first place? There are many games droping in price (you can even get some "great hits" for 30$). I'm not some maniac to buy a 70$ game, except if it is really really good. I just wait. You can also try renting them before buying them as well.

Just a note, when you get the mod chip, it can screw up your PS2 and your Xbox, so be careful. I find it what's the point in all this, downloading the gane, then you need a DVD burner and DVD disc, chance that yuor console get screwed up. I think you're gonna need to invest a little before getting the benefits of copies.

Jules...

Vamp
07-27-2003, 06:53 PM
well, I'm in South Africa...I'm just doing currency conversions.

It's a $100 for the chip AND installation and free games.

I wont copy my own stuff, I can buy game copies for around $4 or just borrow them from friends

stoi
07-27-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by inferno_gn@27 July 2003 - 17:47
Hi there,

*lol*  It make me curious if you can afford to buy the consoles, but not the games, why bother getting them in the first place?  There are many games droping in price (you can even get some "great hits" for 30$).  I'm not some maniac to buy a 70$ game, except if it is really really good.  I just wait.  You can also try renting them before buying them as well.

Just a note, when you get the mod chip, it can screw up your PS2 and your Xbox, so be careful.  I find it what's the point in all this, downloading the gane, then you need a DVD burner and DVD disc, chance that yuor console get screwed up.  I think you're gonna need to invest a little before getting the benefits of copies.

Jules...
BOLLOCKS!!!!!

i have copied 150 PS2 games in the last 3 months, and i know i can get 150 XBOX games in the next 3 months when i get it chipped. so my reckoning at $30 a game = $4500 and thats just for the PS2 ones. Add the Xbox into that and thats $9000 in 6 months, im sure as hell know i couldnt afford that. my PS2 has been chipped for 3 years and still works fine.

stoi

and why wait, when you can have them in some cases a week before they are released or months if you think of USA/JAP/Europe and the differences in release dates.

inferno_gn
07-28-2003, 05:05 AM
Hi there,

To stoi, wow, 150? Myabe I should get myself a mod-chip. *hehe* well, first I have to get the console. Money is tight when you're a full-time student. Teach me how!

The only good thing I like about coping games is that when a game is no longer availible, just get a copy.

Jules...

Twist3r
07-28-2003, 05:08 AM
get the xbox modchip cause u can use ur xbox as a divx player vcd player svcd player dvd player all without the remote all u need is the xbox media player
u can copy ur games 2 hard drive a with modchip
u can also get NES emulaters for ur xbox the posibilities are endless!!!

dmorgan89
07-28-2003, 08:24 AM
of course you can mess up your xbox with a mod-chip, but who would be as so stupid to installing a modchip without reading up about it. If you read up about it then you won't mess it up. I've been reading about 3 weeks at xbox scene forums and i've learned a great deal about them. I'm getting mine shortly and i'm installing it myself.

Hi there,

*lol* It make me curious if you can afford to buy the consoles, but not the games, why bother getting them in the first place? There are many games droping in price (you can even get some "great hits" for 30$). I'm not some maniac to buy a 70$ game, except if it is really really good. I just wait. You can also try renting them before buying them as well.

Just a note, when you get the mod chip, it can screw up your PS2 and your Xbox, so be careful. I find it what's the point in all this, downloading the gane, then you need a DVD burner and DVD disc, chance that yuor console get screwed up. I think you're gonna need to invest a little before getting the benefits of copies.

Think about it. Most of us are kids with no jobs and just spend most of our time on the computer. The only time we get money is on birthdays and christmas. I my xbox for my birthday and got 1 game with it. Now my money's gone and i won't have enough for a xbox till christmas. I have enough just for a modchip. Now i got a questionf or you. Buy the modchip and get as many games as i want for free........ Get one more game and wait till Christmas. Tell me what you would choose.