PDA

View Full Version : A Software/reg-cleanup

RedRival
07-26-2003, 02:51 PM
I'm searching for an all-in-one software that does most of these outstanding tasks:

>Remove reg files of uninstalled software that didn't uninstall properly and some of it still remains.

>Remove reg files of gamez/appz. usually game ripz install with a reg file. How to remove this reg files successfully.

>Remove every component of a failed uninstallation.

If anyone has a gd software that does all of that or some of that, please post a reply. Thanks.

MetroStars
07-26-2003, 02:53 PM
I would also like 2 know wot program does this....

iMartin
07-26-2003, 03:22 PM
I used RegCleaner (free), it's ok, but it aint the best money can buy. Here's a list of registry optimizers/cleaners. (http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=RegCleaner&tg=dl-2001&search=+Go%21+)

callum
07-26-2003, 03:29 PM
You could try jv16 powertools.
It has tool called reg cleaner.

Registry Cleaner. This feature automatically scans the entire registry and detects entries that are invalid or obsolete.

I don't know how well it works but it gets alot of results when I run it.

jv16 powertools (http://www.georgedillon.com/web/freeware/jv16.shtml)

Ninjastyle
07-26-2003, 03:36 PM
I am the Reg cleaning king. Check out these apps for starters:

TuneUp Utilities (excellent program, my current fave, similar to Norton Utilities only less bloated and far superior))
RegSeeker (excellent, very thorough cleaning)
RegVac v2.01 (use the 'novice mode' first)
JV16 PowerTools v1.4.0237 (go to 'registry tools' and pick the second box)
Ace Utilities (quite a good program)

I use all these apps and several more because they all find things that the other ones sometmes miss.

If you need help getting hold of any of these programs, let me know.. I have ways ;)

Ninjastyle
07-26-2003, 03:41 PM
Red, check your private messages.

Ninjastyle
07-26-2003, 03:59 PM
Edit

Ninjastyle
07-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by [-Crono-]@26 July 2003 - 15:22
I used RegCleaner (free), it's ok, but it aint the best money can buy. Here's a list of registry optimizers/cleaners. (http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=RegCleaner&tg=dl-2001&search=+Go%21+)
If it's free, money can't buy it anyway. hahahahaha

Anyway, you actually pay for software?

doodle
07-26-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Ninjastyle@26 July 2003 - 17:59
Oh yeah - F*CK JV 16. He's a little beyatch! If anyone knows what I'm talking about here go get the crack for his PowerTools v1.4.0237 immediately and laugh hard!

The crack was made by Diablo2002, by the way.
That crack isn't good. It makes JV16 freeze when you run 'registry finder', that finds strings you tell it to, in the registry.

Get the cracked .exe from TSRH, much better.

Ninjastyle
07-26-2003, 04:39 PM
Edit

Ninjastyle
07-26-2003, 04:42 PM
Edit

Ninjastyle
07-26-2003, 04:46 PM
Just checked out reg finder, no problem, no freeze. Actually I only care for the registry cleaner within JV16 anyway, that's always been it's strongest point in my opiinion of using it for the last few months.

skelley521
07-26-2003, 05:58 PM
Another good one is RegScrubXP

Features

Safely cleans junk out of the Windows2000/XP System Registry, making it smaller and faster to access.

All changes made to the Registry are fully restorable to it's original condition.

You can make an exclusion list of Registry entries that RegScrubXP will not display as problems.

You can sift through a list of File Extensions, Company Names, "Run Upon Startup" programs, Internet Explorer History, and Uninstall programs to delete what you think is junk.

Tweak the Registry with the easy to use Tweaker! Additional help file with dozens of XP tweaks!

RegScrubXP is absolutely free, no strings attached! Pass it around! Give it to your friends! Let me know what you think of it!

What is RegScrubXP?
RegScrubXP is a very popular utility designed to delete unnecessary information from the System Registry of Windows 2000 & XP operating systems. This "junk" is often left behind when programs are uninstalled, and the information is not needed anymore. Programmers mistakenly load the Registry with junk as well. The result of cleaning out the junk is a smaller, faster Registry. Your operating system accesses the Registry a lot, so keeping it clean is a good idea! RegScrubXP also helps you tweak your Registry to provide a more pleasant computer experience.

ricochet
07-27-2003, 05:39 AM
Hey skelley I cant find that software any where. any one know where I can find it.

BTW has anyone tried WinXp Manager. Its got about 20 differnt tools in it and has a cleaner also...

TheFilePirater
07-27-2003, 05:52 AM
i dont think reg is such a big deal, wat is it like 1mb after installin 50 progs?

stillwater
07-27-2003, 05:55 AM
i think my ashampoo winoptimizer suit does all the stuff u asked fer
n besides when unintsalling stuff...use ...Your Uninstaller....it deletes all da left overs that the windows uninstalller ignores

sparsely
07-27-2003, 06:05 AM
I use a somewhat aging software called Ontrack SystemSuite 4.0.
It's a utility suite similar to Norton SystemWorks or whatever, but I like it alot better.
It's got quite alot of things to it, including Firewall & AntiVirus, though I don't use those two components.
Here's a kazaa hash for it:

File:Software - Ontrack SystemSuite 4.0.rar
Length:31190155 Bytes,30459KB
UUHash:=80wpDU2Uo3DHqtTlEXjuF1vR/hY=

vaha16
07-27-2003, 07:43 AM
I think you should try Boost XP because that program has a lot of features and it can help you a lot.

Here is a link (http://www.boostxp.com) for the website or you can search kazaa to find the program but beware a lots of them have viruses.

Boost XP is a complete collection of all of the necessary tools to keep your system running smooth, faster and errors free. It is an optimizing program plus your personal manager to increase the speed of your Window System.
It is an ultimate system tools office. It is a combination of multiple utilities to fine your tune your performance. Boost XP not only includes to fine tune to your system but also includes utilities to keep hard disk clear and split/join files.
Boost XP runs on all Windows versions XP/98/ME/NT/2000.

Boost XP contains more than 40 different utilities in one. It is not only a tweaking or optimizing program but a complete personal toolbox.

Boost XP Features (Click below for more information)

Personal Management
Manage Your System
Wallpaper Changer System Information
Appointment Planner Manage Auto run Programs
Logon Settings Modify System Folders
Privacy Protector - Clean all the traces...

Security Boost
System Performance Boost
Start Menu and Desktop Security Ram Optimizer
Internet Explorer Security Task and Uninstall Manager
Block Execution of Certain Programs and Windows Tools Performance Tweaks

Tweaking Options
Registry Cleanup and Backup Tools
Fully Customizes the Windows Start Menu. Registry Cleanup
Tune Windows Task Bar Registry Backup and Restore Service
Desktop Settings
Fine tune your Windows
Choose Font Smoothing Type

File System Boost Utilities
Internet Explorer Boost
Split Files. Manage Internet Explorer cache
Fix Broken Shortcuts Manage Internet Explorer History
Remove Junk and Obsolete Files Manage Internet Explorer Cookies
Secure (WIPE) Delete Files and Folders Fine Tune Internet Explorer

Customized Windows
Change File Icon
Customized Folders

Hope it helps!!!

RedRival
07-27-2003, 10:30 AM
I just downloaded RegScrubXP.
Used it and found many problems that I have completely no idea about. So i just click fix problems. Well registry cleanup doesn't cause any difference in terms of system performance so I guess it's for self-security issues :D .

Anyways, I may give boostXP a go but I have magictweak on my PC right now and I hope the installation of boost won't gimme a software corruption.

Ninjastyle
07-29-2003, 09:46 PM
"Well registry cleanup doesn't cause any difference in terms of system performance"

That's not true, maybe go read up on it.

Ninjastyle
07-29-2003, 10:01 PM
"i think my ashampoo winoptimizer suit does all the stuff u asked fer"

No way. If you try using JV PowerTools or a superior registry cleaner you will see that Ashampoo WinOptimizer Suite leaves stuff behind. Ashampoo is very 'safe', meaning by using the default settings you are only deleting what Ashamoo THINKS you should delete and forgets a ton of other rubbish.

"when unintsalling stuff...use ...Your Uninstaller....it deletes all da left overs that the windows uninstalller ignores"

This isn't true either. Again, using a superior registry cleaner will show you this.

'Your Uninstaller!' leaves stuff behind. If you want to get rid of things permanently and thoroughly try some of the registry cleaners I've already mentioned on page 1 of this thread. At least download JV16 PowerTools and try it, then do a deep scan in JV16's Registry Manager section and see what you think. Firstly run the Registry Cleaner though (while in JV16 go to 'Registry Tools', then choose the second icon), and see how many hundreds of useless things come up.

Trust me, I spent a long time working out which of these type of apps is best.
In fact all the ones I mentiones all catch things each other leaves behind, so you might think you have gotten rid of the junk but until you try about five different pieces of software you don't realize. None of them do the job absolutely 100%, so the answer is to run several.

Back to 'Your Uninstaller!' - as an example, say you installed GetRight, now uninstall it and choose to clean the left overs. After that if you were to check in the registry there would still be an entry for 'Headlight Software'. I haven't tried this but I'm using it as an example. You can almost guaranteed something is gonna be left behind.