PDA

View Full Version : BlackCats

vip
01-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Anyone know when BlackCats will be opening for signups?I've been trying to get in for a while but they're allways closed.

fatcat69
01-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Anyone know when BlackCats will be opening for signups?I've been trying to get in for a while but they're allways closed.

I asked the owner this a few days ago when we were chatting back and forth. They wont be opening signups again most likely and will not have an invite system.

The owner is here at FST and has given accounts out to people before on here, so I would recommend posting in the bit torrent invite trading forum saying you are looking to get in there and maybe he will grant you your wish.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays my friend!

grimms
01-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Don't know. But one of the mods come around fst pretty frequently, just post around i guess.

spark
01-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Its just not worth opening up anymore, as its a lot of work for the staff when we do.

:rolleyes:

fatcat69
01-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Its just not worth opening up anymore, as its a lot of work for the staff when we do.

:rolleyes:

Dont pm him asking for one though, or else your asking for trouble...chuck norris kind of trouble:lol:

SAM
01-01-2008, 12:29 AM
The owner is here at FST and has given accounts out to people before on here, so I would recommend posting in the bit torrent invite trading forum saying you are looking to get in there and maybe he will grant you your wish.

i won't beg for invite is that what you mean?
bcg is very nice tracker but if the only way to enter it is to make a thread and looking like a begger so thank you very much

sleepyy
01-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Most sites just open at random some never have sign ups i've witnessed one site that was only open for 1 HOUR to gather a few more members then they are closed so chances are most of the time they don't announce when they will reopen

vip
01-01-2008, 03:19 AM
so I would recommend posting in the bit torrent invite trading forum saying you are looking to get in there and maybe he will grant you your wish.

Well i posted a request in the invite section even offering an invite in return of my own to somewhere else.Now i hope someone is in a cheeeful mood with all the xmas/New year activies and be very generous to grant me that special wish :)

fatcat69
01-01-2008, 03:40 AM
so I would recommend posting in the bit torrent invite trading forum saying you are looking to get in there and maybe he will grant you your wish.

Well i posted a request in the invite section even offering an invite in return of my own to somewhere else.Now i hope someone is in a cheeeful mood with all the xmas/New year activies and be very generous to grant me that special wish :)

Well I wish you good luck and maybe your wish will come true:D

grimms
01-01-2008, 05:52 AM
There are no invites at bcgs at the moment. The owner probably won't open it again. Yea i would figure out a way to get his attention without bugging him. That may be quite impossible to pull off though. Good luck and happy new year!

fatcat69
01-01-2008, 08:57 AM
There are no invites at bcgs at the moment. The owner probably won't open it again. Yea i would figure out a way to get his attention without bugging him. That may be quite impossible to pull off though. Good luck and happy new year!

not impossible, as me and bikernin were granted such graciousness by the owner...

see my thread...awesomness:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-awesomeness-263256

pandabear
01-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Yea he is a nice guy, gave me an account, now i just need to figure this bloody SP system :/

stoi
01-01-2008, 01:01 PM
easy way to get my attention, put it in your sig that you want BCG and i may PM you.

just dont bank on it though

and the SP system is easy, just seed and it does it all automatically, the only hard part about it is the seeding limit which is 5 for user class, seed more than 5 and you dont get any SP at all on any torrent.

other than that its a doddle, but the SP FAQ is a bit daunting to say the least, i might write a simplified version.

Dont seed more than your allotted amount, but keep seeding those that are under a 1 ratio, and sp will kick in auto eventually.

There you go, easy :lol:

ecin
01-01-2008, 01:28 PM
BCG is a site I'd be interested to join either. Considering the reviews the content can't be found somewhere else easily it seems.

I am not an invite beggar, nor trader tho. I think ppl should only give invites to those they think are trustworthy, wouldn't do it any different.

Thus I'll just wait and hope someone (with an invite) knows me from the sites I am active on d:E

stoi
01-01-2008, 01:38 PM
K open signups are bugged, some get in, others the database just deleted, im also not interested in opening the doors for the time being either. we are going on a cheat hunt as well now, so hopefully we can weed the users down by quite a margin.

We got to 100,000 members last year, we are back down to 54,000 now, but now is the time to weed out all the bad apples and get that down considerably. and opening up just brings in a lot more bad apples.

Its also not worth trading your account on blackcats.

You cant change your email address you have to ask staff.

You cant reset your passkey, you have to ask staff and its very rarely is granted.

All trading members are disabled. and with the email change being done by staff, its realy easy to spot now.

Invites are also bugged as well, we were hoping to have a new invite system in place at the start of 2008, but other things keep getting in the way, so it hasnt even been looked at yet. Invites might still be someway off.

Mistral
01-01-2008, 03:49 PM
im also not interested in opening the doors for the time being either.

That's bad news.:cry:

the content can't be found somewhere else easily it seems.

No kidding.
About 90 % of all the PS2 torrents on public trackers point to BCG, they're hogging all the games.:P

seanbee
01-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Since getting my XBOX 360 I have been trying to get into BCG only to learn about the current 'lockdown' :(.

Hopefully the invite system will come back up soon or I am afforded an invite.

dudex
01-01-2008, 04:14 PM
maybeeeeeee

ecin
01-01-2008, 04:15 PM
easy way to get my attention, put it in your sig that you want BCG and i may PM you.

ok, as long as it's not considered begging :happy:

sperm
01-01-2008, 04:15 PM

nice idea... not a fan of spamming people with pms :P

twist off
01-01-2008, 04:57 PM
We got to 100,000 members last year, we are back down to 54,000 now, but now is the time to weed out all the bad apples and get that down considerably. and opening up just brings in a lot more bad apples.

Not saying that I want to be one of those "bad apples", but I'm keeping my hopes up that you'll change your mind about openning it for a few hours.... :01: :whistling

fatcat69
01-01-2008, 05:07 PM

and the SP system is easy, just seed and it does it all automatically, the only hard part about it is the seeding limit which is 5 for user class, seed more than 5 and you dont get any SP at all on any torrent.

other than that its a doddle, but the SP FAQ is a bit daunting to say the least, i might write a simplified version.

Dont seed more than your allotted amount, but keep seeding those that are under a 1 ratio, and sp will kick in auto eventually.

There you go, easy :lol:

Wow im such a trend setter lol:lol::lol::lol:

grimms
01-01-2008, 07:19 PM
BCG's is the best site period for games. iplay is probably second. Wii torrents third!. But ntorrents only got stuff for nintendo. I think the owner pretty much summed everything up. Probably should close this thread. Just a suggestion though.

nice idea... not a fan of spamming people with pms :P

I would suggest Bitgamer for you friend. They have alot of psp and ds content over there. BCG does too, but Bigamer is a great alternative for those roms your looking for.:)

vip
01-01-2008, 09:34 PM

Well stoi i've added that in my sig,now i just sit and wait and cross my fingers :)

By the way what does this mean in your sig,are you looking for something?
"Not looking, but if offered will consider it."

stoi
01-01-2008, 10:08 PM
well that was before christmas and all the crap that happened before then. since then i have been busy but i dont realy want anything now, i had planned on getting out there and seeing other trackers (i am only a member of blackcats) but ive changed my mind as i would never use them anyway.

seanbee
01-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Damn seems you are a hard-core gamer thus the lack of need for any other tracker

pandabear
01-01-2008, 10:58 PM
If you ever do want an invite to a tracker, just ask.

stoi
01-01-2008, 11:06 PM
well i was offered ftwr by a staff member over there, but i turned it down, we even have an external invites thread in our forums, and people offer high level trackers, and i always refuse.

I would become a member, look around for a bit, and probably never come back, even if it is ftwr or ftn or sct or one of the countless others, so it wouldnt be fair on the inviter either.

We do have more plans for blackcats, which will hopefully mean i wont need any more trackers anyway, and i never realy use torrents to download stuff in any case.

I never realy play games anymore, its more for the kids, i do play the odd one or 2, but my attention span for games seems to be minimul these days lol

A member from here that i gave an account to 4 days ago, has just been disabled for cheating, he was uploading at 200KBs to no one, pretty clever, if you dont get caught, dumbwit. this makes me doubt giving people accounts on here, but 4 days and cheating already sheesh.

twist off
01-01-2008, 11:20 PM
A member from here that i gave an account to 4 days ago, has just been disabled for cheating, he was uploading at 200KBs to no one, pretty clever, if you dont get caught, dumbwit. this makes me doubt giving people accounts on here, but 4 days and cheating already sheesh.

:huh::ermm:

What a retard...

seanbee
01-01-2008, 11:24 PM
The good at times have to suffer for the bad

Cruel
01-02-2008, 12:12 AM

I'm gonna do like countless others have done in this thread so far :lol:

grimms
01-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Wow this thread ain't closed yet huh? Even after the member answered all related questions. Beg on beggars!!:P:P:P

pandabear
01-02-2008, 12:29 AM

Sad to hear, but thats the internet for you, so hard to trust anyone.

bathead
01-02-2008, 12:38 AM
K open signups are bugged, some get in, others the database just deleted, im also not interested in opening the doors for the time being either. we are going on a cheat hunt as well now, so hopefully we can weed the users down by quite a margin.

Its also not worth trading your account on blackcats.

You cant change your email address you have to ask staff.

You cant reset your passkey, you have to ask staff and its very rarely is granted.

All trading members are disabled. and with the email change being done by staff, its realy easy to spot now.

Invites are also bugged as well, we were hoping to have a new invite system in place at the start of 2008, but other things keep getting in the way, so it hasnt even been looked at yet. Invites might still be someway off.

That's really bad news...I was hoping BCG would open signups again because when you opened a couple months ago the site was so slow and problematic that I couldn't sign up successfully. I hope you will consider opening signups again or atleast have an invite system in place.

Torn
01-02-2008, 02:53 AM
It's a shame there isn't a way to have a universal database of all IP addresses for those who cheat. That way, all private trackers sysops can have access which would significantly decrease the idea of cheating. If you get caught on one tracker, it would be basically the same as having cheated on every other one.

:)

zxion
01-02-2008, 05:40 AM
blackcats looks like a great tracker for games, but too bad I dont' mod my consoles :/
you can find most pc games on any tracker.

ecin
01-02-2008, 03:31 PM
I never realy play games anymore, its more for the kids, i do play the odd one or 2, but my attention span for games seems to be minimul these days lol

We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. :yup:

A member from here that i gave an account to 4 days ago, has just been disabled for cheating, he was uploading at 200KBs to no one
Some ppl don't have an ounce of honour in their minds :ermm:

fatcat69
01-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Thats unfortunate that someone abused your kindness, Ill start uploading once I get home from vaca and restore your faith in FST ;-)

Mistral
01-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Thats unfortunate that someone abused your kindness, Ill start uploading once I get home from vaca and restore your faith in FST ;-)

That's alright for you since you're already a member, but the prick who cheated basically ruined it for the rest of us.:(

@vip, I noticed a bunch of new PS2 torrents posted over the last week originating from torrentzilla.org. Might be worth checking out.

It's not as if we have much choice for PS2 games since demonoid went down and it's better than begging for an invite.;)