PDA

View Full Version : Question about cheats...

Zaxx
01-01-2008, 04:31 AM
I'm sure most peeps know that the cheat prgs used obviously lie to the tracker about the upload speed of a client/user.

I do not and will never cheat. BUT, I really don't want to trade with a cheater and end up getting banned for inviting one. So my question is this,
Let's say I doing a trade and the guy I'm dealing with sends me a few screenies of his client showing him busy uploading at fast (but believable) speeds and also showing the tracker names ect. If he is cheating...will the u/l speeds displayed by his client (uT let's say) reflect his actual up speeds or his spoofed (cheated) u/l speeds? Thx...:)

Thants
01-01-2008, 06:21 AM
Can't you just get him to do a speedtest over the internet?

Zaxx
01-01-2008, 07:39 AM
True. Asking for connection speed proof is common enuff to ensure they can maintain a ratio on a fast site but I just don't em to think I'm calling him a cheat so to speak.

I'll try asking on a cheaters forum somewhere...ugg...

pandabear
01-01-2008, 07:50 AM
I personally, just photoshop my ratio shots, then post a fake speedtest on a 3rd party host. I don't really bother with utorrent shots, too noob.

fsephie
01-01-2008, 08:05 AM
I personally, just photoshop my ratio shots, then post a fake speedtest on a 3rd party host. I don't really bother with utorrent shots, too noob.

Seriously, with trackers using a solid color background, why would ANYBODY not just add a few spaces to their ratio shot to make it appear better. Just make sure to do the math right! 8/4 is 2, not 3!

/sarcasm

Zaxx
01-01-2008, 08:48 AM
My q is being missed...does Ut display true or fake speeds when being used to cheat??

~JiSh~
01-01-2008, 09:10 AM
i have no idea. never used them. no need to ... always believed in seeding is caring :)

pandabear
01-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Utorrent is apparently very easy to photoshop. If you want a good indication of speed, ask for a speedtest, which is hosted on the speedtest site, so you know its proper etc.

t0mmy
01-01-2008, 09:46 AM
i think your best bet would be asking for a direct speedtest link, not hosted on imageshack

TP635
01-01-2008, 10:07 AM
My q is being missed...does Ut display true or fake speeds when being used to cheat??

No one answer your question because only cheaters knows the answer.

pandabear
01-01-2008, 10:24 AM

Oh i see your question. No it does not display false speeds. Most cheaters work thru modified clients, which can make fake data to send to tracker etc The cheating is in the sending of data when announcing.

t0mmy
01-01-2008, 10:25 AM
My q is being missed...does Ut display true or fake speeds when being used to cheat??No one answer your question because only cheaters knows the answer.

answer the question, and you will burn in flame respondes via fellow FSTers :D

TP635
01-01-2008, 02:45 PM
No one answer your question because only cheaters knows the answer.

answer the question, and you will burn in flame respondes via fellow FSTers :D

But the panda answer the question.... and he is not a cheat; he has the right credential.:yup:

class
01-01-2008, 02:56 PM
yeah speedtest is the safest option

Zaxx
01-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Ok...online speed test the best... ;)

btw..didn't give him time to PS his screenie..

pandabear
01-01-2008, 11:12 PM
If possible, always get direct links to the users profile, plus a speedtest hosted on the site. Also if they are reluctant to give you link to profile, or they are on sites you aren't on, get a picture which has the date, and their name written on it, plus maybe a piece of proof that it is their account, eg a little bit in the sig saying hey Zaxx. Alot of people just steal other peoples ratios, and make them seem as their own. Or worse cheat on a site, screenshot it, then make that seem like a recent shot when they get banned.

vlcoq
01-02-2008, 12:10 AM
for speedtest ask for speedtest.net direct link (recent time)
for SS proofs:
you can always ask person one SS first (username can be hidden) and then ask for some change (some additional clicking on proof page) and require another SS after change (ratio should be same or with very small change)
give him/her little time

I always use this when givin' away some 'better' invite