PDA

View Full Version : torrentleech and community ?

FatBob
01-01-2008, 08:05 PM
why do you think TL doesnt have an active forum even with so many members and great content ? :ermm:

do you think its the forum layout ? or something else ? :unsure:

zxion
01-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Not sure :/ Seems like most the talking is done in comments rather than in forum.
More thanks :)

grimms
01-02-2008, 05:50 AM
Yea its a big comment community.

pandabear
01-02-2008, 05:58 AM
Most people who are in TL, will be in many other sites, because before TL closed invites they were a dead simple site to get into. So most others spend most their time on other sites communities. I mean it is so tough to get into any sites community as is, unless its nice and active.

t0mmy
01-02-2008, 06:05 AM
yeah true, the torrent comments is way more community based then the forums :P

p1r4t3
01-02-2008, 07:19 AM
if u want a tracker with all popular torrents, loads of seed/leech and dont care about pres, no community feel, use filelist, its good....

melatonin
01-02-2008, 07:25 AM
definetely forum layout & system, tl has the worst forum structure i've ever seen...

t0mmy
01-02-2008, 07:28 AM
yeah thats another reason, i turn away from the forums, its extremely ugly.. like i have trouble looking at it :P

marwell
01-02-2008, 08:04 AM
TL is good site, maybe try irc channel, but comments are better way to comunication :-D , and TL is now lvl 6 :)

t0mmy
01-02-2008, 08:06 AM
yeah the staff and uploaders are really nice in the irc channel, and where does it say TL level 6? :o

bigdaddykane
01-02-2008, 08:09 AM
i love tl id rather comunicate thru comments than forum but i love fst cause i can learn so many things from all the great folks here i think this the most active ive ever been in a forum lol.

Adman65
01-02-2008, 08:42 AM
pretty much all the built in forums for trackers are horrid. Design can play a BIG part, that is why I rarely go on the forums on some sites. I like comments instead or chill in IRC

FatBob
01-02-2008, 08:47 AM
i wish they come up with a new neat forum design :)

TL,s IRC is very active . but am not much of an IRC guy .

so i would love if TL can improve the forum quality and design

NOLF
01-02-2008, 08:49 AM
In my opinion, the huge amount of users, is the reason the community isn't the best at TL. It's almost impossible to get to know anyone there!

Zeus
01-02-2008, 10:40 PM
For ages the forums had a separate password to the main site. Many users ignored the pm they got with the pass and therefore could never get in to the forums. Its changed now but its one of the reasons why the forums never really got going. Apart from that there are several other reasons I can think of:
- The forums are ugly
- They are too tightly moderated. You cant even mention another sites name which makes any talk about the bt scene difficult.
-vYou also cant post any links. This doesnt just limit the scope of any chat but also if a user gets warned for breaking the rules then it puts them off coming back.
- THe staff arent really active posting there (apart from editting posts(
- The site doesnt have much of a community feel to it with to it with the ads and huge userbase.
- Many users dont really value their TL account as it has always been fairly easy to get an invite, that means they only want the files and dont care about the community.
-The site attracts many users who are new to private trackers. This means that the forums primary use is for answering fairly basic help questions.

StevenVD
01-02-2008, 10:59 PM
It's hard to start a community after a few years of being a "no community" tracker. Most people are in Torrentleech for content and speed with no intention to be there for the community.

grimms
01-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Kind of agree with most of you about the forum and how it's currently constructed.

fOrUmAs
01-02-2008, 11:14 PM
why do you think TL doesnt have an active forum even with so many members and great content ? :ermm:

do you think its the forum layout ? or something else ? :unsure:

for that is many reasones for me i think its forum design that is really bad and should be changed ASAP..

second and probably the biggest reasone why people dont post in forum is becuase they post 10x more on commet section unlike on other tracker where people shound only post thanks and many people get help in these comments or they as for help there not on forum..

SiNa
nicely said Zeus (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/zeus-149609). OP theres your answer :)

the forum is very bad there. have tried it myself. their irc, as said, however is better and more active. irc is faster in general and easier to talk so people usually go there

AugustoP
It's the tracker with the lowest number of torrent geeks cause it is (was) so easy to get there and maintain ratio. Basically ppl there want to get their stuff downloaded and don't care about anything else.

SiNa
01-02-2008, 11:20 PM
It's the tracker with the lowest number of torrent geeks cause it is (was) so easy to get there and maintain ratio. Basically ppl there want to get their stuff downloaded and don't care about anything else.

Zeus (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/zeus-149609) already said that. hes answer is complete:happy:

t0mmy
01-03-2008, 12:36 AM
we are the best :D we all want one thing, torrents :P

krunktastic
01-03-2008, 12:59 AM
For some reason the TL forums just seem cold and unwelcoming. I love TL, it's a great site, it's just for some reason it feels like the mods tightly control what is posted. The IRC is great though; thats where it feels like the community is.