PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Picture Things In My Head

virtus134
01-02-2008, 06:55 AM
I'm not stupid, I don't have any mental conditions, and my memory's just fine.

It's just that I can't picture things in my head. When I daydream off into a fantasy world, I just THINK about doing the things I'll do. I don't see myself doing it, or anything.

I can recognize any face. But I can't picture my own in my mind. I can picture my family members like my mom, but only because I see them all the time. For people I don't see all the time, I can remember the details and physical attributes but I can't picture them.

It's not as bad as I'm making it sound though. If I concentrate I can see it. But not easily.

Well now that you've read all that... is this normal? Is there anything I can do to help this?

By the way, I can only remember one dream in my life. And I can only remember one event in that dream. And it's stupid and random too. Some bully took my erasers that I bought and I was sad.

Mr. Mulder
01-02-2008, 08:39 AM
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/images/bullying2.jpg

thewizeard
01-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Consider yourself fortunate m8..

weenden
01-02-2008, 09:44 AM
then its time for a new roll of film then isn't it.....then you picture away

100%
01-02-2008, 12:40 PM
is this an after effect of fps?
maybe try warcraft for a year or two.

Skweeky
01-02-2008, 01:30 PM
It's normal dude. They say it's always hardest to picture faces of people you know well.

I hardly ever envisualise anything literally. I see things in shapes and emotions. Confusing sometimes though, as I don't think everyone does this.

Example of random conversation

some person : 'So would you agree with this concept Sonja?'
me: 'No'
some person : 'Why not?'
me: 'Doesn't feel right'
some person: 'In what way exactly?'
me: 'It's too angular, it doesn't flow right'
some person: '...'

My therapist had a field day when I tried to explain this to her :lol:

Mr JP Fugley
01-02-2008, 01:32 PM
It's normal dude. They say it's always hardest to picture faces of people you know well.

I hardly ever envisualise anything literally. I see things in shapes and emotions. Confusing sometimes though, as I don't think everyone does this.

Example of random conversation

some person : 'So would you agree with this concept Sonja?'
me: 'No'
some person : 'Why not?'
me: 'Doesn't feel right'
some person: 'In what way exactly?'
me: 'It's too angular, it doesn't flow right'
some person: '...'

My therapist had a field day when I tried to explain this to her :lol:

Fixed

Skweeky
01-02-2008, 01:33 PM
:lol: :earl:

Hairbautt
01-02-2008, 10:30 PM

It's just that I can't picture things in my head. When I daydream off into a fantasy world, I just THINK about doing the things I'll do. I don't see myself doing it, or anything.

I can recognize any face. But I can't picture my own in my mind. I can picture my family members like my mom, but only because I see them all the time. For people I don't see all the time, I can remember the details and physical attributes but I can't picture them.

It's not as bad as I'm making it sound though. If I concentrate I can see it. But not easily.

Well now that you've read all that... is this normal? Is there anything I can do to help this?

By the way, I can only remember one dream in my life. And I can only remember one event in that dream. And it's stupid and random too. Some bully took my erasers that I bought and I was sad.Didn't really understand a damn word of that.

I picture things in my head all day...mostly nude women.

Something Else
01-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Have you tried picturing them outside your head.

bornwithnoname
01-03-2008, 02:46 AM

By the way, I can only remember one dream in my life. And I can only remember one event in that dream. And it's stupid and random too. Some bully took my erasers that I bought and I was sad.Didn't really understand a damn word of that.

I picture things in my head all day...mostly nude women.

a man after my own heart

Hairbautt
01-03-2008, 03:25 AM
Sure if I have a camera.

limpdickkid
01-03-2008, 09:30 AM
It's just that I can't picture things in my head.

That is a pretty weird problem. Are you sure its not just paranoia or some kind of fear thats stopping you to picture things in your head. I'm pretty sure dyslexic people dont have this problem as they tend to be more creative and probably have an easier time picturing things but I could be way off about that. Why dont you talk to a career counsellor at university, if you're at uni, or at high school, if you're there? They are bound to know if this is some kind of disability or not.
If it isnt a disability then all I can conclude is that its a psychological thing. Try drawing something in your head, like say a letter of the alphabet, then try putting blocks together in your head to see if you can visualise things.
What would you say your strengths are in your studies? That may give some sort of clue.
Remember that not everyones good at this kind of stuff, to some people it may come naturally and others may have to train themselves.

dinsdale
01-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Have you tried picturing your head in things instead of things in your head?

DyNast
01-03-2008, 02:37 PM
How can this help him? :D

limpdickkid
01-03-2008, 06:23 PM

:glag:

Mr JP Fugley
01-03-2008, 07:47 PM
http://www.splinegod.com/foundation/dandare/Sondar_Head_In_Vice.jpg

virtus134
01-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Looks like I won't get much help here :/

But no. It's not anything that prevents me. It's just.. impossible for me.

Mr JP Fugley
01-03-2008, 10:02 PM

Do you just want to tell Skweeky to fuck off yourself, or shall I pass it on.

Skiz
01-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I Can't Picture Things In My Head

Imagine that...

limpdickkid
01-03-2008, 10:26 PM
I Can't Picture Things In My Head

Imagine that...

lol.

try picturing yourself not being able to picture anything in your head. :blink: :D

Barbarossa
01-03-2008, 11:12 PM

Oh yeah baby, 'cos normally the FST lounge is by far and away the best place to seek help for all the most unusual mental conditions :frusty:

Mr JP Fugley
01-03-2008, 11:16 PM

Oh yeah baby, 'cos normally the FST lounge is by far and away the best place to seek help for all the most unusual mental conditions :frusty:

You knows it spunky.

SAM
01-04-2008, 03:06 AM
I Can't Picture Things In My HeadImagine that...
:glag:

dinsdale
01-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Can you smell things in your head?

tesco
01-05-2008, 01:39 AM
It's just that I can't picture things in my head.

That is a pretty weird problem. Are you sure its not just paranoia or some kind of fear thats stopping you to picture things in your head. I'm pretty sure dyslexic people dont have this problem as they tend to be more creative and probably have an easier time picturing things but I could be way off about that. Why dont you talk to a career counsellor at university, if you're at uni, or at high school, if you're there? They are bound to know if this is some kind of disability or not.
If it isnt a disability then all I can conclude is that its a psychological thing. Try drawing something in your head, like say a letter of the alphabet, then try putting blocks together in your head to see if you can visualise things.
What would you say your strengths are in your studies? That may give some sort of clue.
Remember that not everyones good at this kind of stuff, to some people it may come naturally and others may have to train themselves.A career counselor for mental disabilities?

limpdickkid
01-05-2008, 05:30 AM
A career counselor for mental disabilities?

no, far from it. but I have a few friends who are dyslexic so I know about some mental disabilities.

Skweeky
01-05-2008, 11:24 AM

Do you just want to tell Skweeky to fuck off yourself, or shall I pass it on.

'Fuck off virtus134, or I'll suck your eyes out with a straw' She hinted

maddoxro
01-05-2008, 05:56 PM
that's wierd.it's like not having an imagination...