PDA

View Full Version : who would you donate for?

stitched
01-02-2008, 10:38 AM
who would you donate for?
if u had money to donate to some bt site.. who would it be?
this donation is not for invites...not for uplaod credit....but just for the sake of donating to keep the site alive....imagine..if u dont donate today.. all these sites might just shut down tomorrow
just assume all the sites are working as of today and also you r a member of all these sites...
1>the pirate bay
2>demonoid
3>oink
4>TL
5>ftn
6>sct
7>scc
8>fsc
9>others

grimms
01-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Fl

Cheffy
01-02-2008, 10:49 AM
If i were to donate i would be to a site that lives of its communety, and not those p2l sites. Not that i mind some sites having p2l, but then i would assume they get enough money of that to also be in need of donations.

Edit: posted without actually reading the whole text. But my vote would still be the same.

FatBob
01-02-2008, 10:51 AM
where did my post dissapear ? :blink:

stitched
01-02-2008, 10:57 AM

sorry about that fat bob.. this is a new poll i had missed TL in the previous poll...

dragos
01-02-2008, 11:01 AM
FSC is the only site that i would ever give my money to and never look back feeling sorry. The only reason i haven't is because they award donors with VIP status and i think that status should be earned by other means

FatBob
01-02-2008, 11:02 AM

sorry about that fat bob.. this is a new poll i had missed TL in the previous poll...

oh ok :)

anyway its TL for me .

my first private site with great content which is accesable to many new users :)

i have donated in the past and i will do it again

yayyyyyy
01-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Tpb

all the others little trackers (expecially scene trackers that have nothing unique in the files offered) can disappear and be replaced in some way or another, but nobody is able to do what tpb does... and fight as tpb to change the current state of things

grimms
01-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Also Oink or Demonoid if they were still here today.

t0mmy
01-02-2008, 11:08 AM
well i would definitely donate to TL without hesitation :)

stitched
01-02-2008, 11:10 AM
oink fell....and demonoid is scared...only TPB fights...the day TPB falls ,sooner or later bit torrent will lose its big picture...i vote for TPB too....

TheFoX
01-02-2008, 11:50 AM
FSC is the only site that i would ever give my money to and never look back feeling sorry. The only reason i haven't is because they award donors with VIP status and i think that status should be earned by other means

A few points to note...

Firstly, VIP can, and has been, earned by other contributions, such as people who have helped to mould the site by some means.

Secondly, we have a special user class called ELITE for those who truly deserve pride of place.

We offer VIP status because it allows greater forum access, and that is a worthy thank you to anyone who does donate, especially since we don't offer any incentive towards filesharing, such as p2l or gigs for cash (and we don't operate the wait system on new torrents).

NOLF
01-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Well I always donate, already donated to TL, SCC and ScT, so my next project is FTN and FTC I guess :)

dudave
01-02-2008, 11:58 AM
i never donated to torrent site, but if
had some extra bucks it would most
probably go to FSC.

dragos
01-02-2008, 12:03 PM

A few points to note...

Firstly, VIP can, and has been, earned by other contributions, such as people who have helped to mould the site by some means.

Secondly, we have a special user class called ELITE for those who truly deserve pride of place.

We offer VIP status because it allows greater forum access, and that is a worthy thank you to anyone who does donate, especially since we don't offer any incentive towards filesharing, such as p2l or gigs for cash (and we don't operate the wait system on new torrents).

yes i know that, i wasn't saying it as smth bad. Maybe i didn't express myself well. I was refering that to me ,personaly , it feels alot better to earn a special status by my own strengts :) I totaly agree that with such a small userbase , members who actually help at keeping the tracker alive deserve the VIP status, they are special contributors to the site. So , hope it's clearer now, for my, as a personal feeling , it feels better to get such status by contributing with activity or something else

sokrates
01-02-2008, 12:41 PM
well i have already donated some money to a site t3h l33t bunny knows of and i will do it again^^ there are also some other sites i take into consideration..
its clear i wont donate money to a site that doesnt need it at all^^
from the list i would go for fsc and ftn assuming i would be a member there :P

predateur
01-02-2008, 12:46 PM
where is the 'will never donate' option lol

tralalala
01-02-2008, 12:47 PM
OiNK.. Easy choice there (at least for me).

znik
01-02-2008, 01:08 PM
You should give us more than 1 options to vote.
I would definetely NEVER donate to TL.

I highly respect the non-pay2leech trackers, especially the 2 F

dreamsearch
01-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I would donate to demonoid... if it was still running

KSA
01-02-2008, 01:17 PM
FSC for sure, they are a respectful people and they deserve the best, SCC and TL comes in 2nd i luv them.

The rest ... i don't really care, it depends on the mood!

medo
01-02-2008, 01:20 PM
definitely FTN and FSC

Cabalo
01-02-2008, 01:36 PM
RevTT and TL would be the ones i'd put my money into...

Scavenger
01-02-2008, 01:41 PM
definitely FTN and FSC

+1

briand5379
01-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Definitely other.

t0mmy
01-02-2008, 02:25 PM
if ur going to choose other, let us know what :D

mirceandr
01-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Demonoid but unfortunately it's in coma :(

ecin
01-02-2008, 02:41 PM
You should idd enable multiple votes. o:

Nemrod
01-02-2008, 02:47 PM
I have donated to RevolutionTT, BitSoup, BitMeTV, OiNK (rip), Demonoid and FileList.
Never for ratio, except to BitMeTV, in the beginning I couldnīt keep ratio.

If the tracker is good for what I need, the staff is helpful and I donīt see a lucrative intention, I have no problem in helping.

Daniel
01-02-2008, 03:10 PM
There's only one tracker I would ever donate to if it was necessary and that is HDBits. It has got a great community that produces some amazing results (if any of you saw the 720p encodes of the Die Hard series it was done by a member of the tracker before it leaked everywhere else) and has been my favorite tracker for a long time ;)

What I would definitely never do is donate to some scene tracker, because however good it is, there's always an able replacement around the corner. Besides that, I don't really use them enough to warrant a donation.

Well, now that I think about it, what or waffles could be on my list too because they have no pay2download feature and they may need some support as they're fast growing music communities.

fstokebanget
01-02-2008, 08:16 PM
I choose FSC

That1Guy
01-02-2008, 08:21 PM
I choose FSC also. I haven't donated yet, although I plan to. (once my broke ass gets over the holidays)

ScreaminJay
01-02-2008, 08:26 PM
aa

Adama
01-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Tl

th0r
01-02-2008, 09:50 PM
I've already donated to E**** and FTN, but would like to donate to FSC and maybe ScT for some GBs.

Zeus
01-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Ill be completely honest. I wouldnt donate to any of them.

DV8type
01-02-2008, 10:32 PM
<< There are very few honest trackers that i would give to. Of course on top of that list is FSC. Not only because of the community which in my opinion is the best but also because of the integrity and trust i have for members and other staff.

sear
01-02-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm surprised so many people are cool with donating to pay to leech sites...or sites that are raking in massive profits :dabs:

Never pay for File Sharing!

Anyway there are about 4 sites I would donate to...two of which I already have. I also plan to donate to all of them again whenever I'm felling flush.

Adman65
01-02-2008, 11:10 PM
I've donated to multiple trackers, BMTV, RevTT, & STMusic

Sanka113
01-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I'd donate to ST. Mostly, because they like to donate to charity.

pandabear
01-02-2008, 11:40 PM
I would give it to FTN. Its a site which has given me so much, so its all too fair to donate a bit of cash back.

Polarbear
01-02-2008, 11:51 PM
interesting that nearly 50% would be willing to donate to sites that don't offer any value in return, but have nice staff and a friendly community.

FACE_TO_FACE
01-02-2008, 11:57 PM
oink :cry1:

Cruel
01-02-2008, 11:57 PM
BitMeTV I'd say, and I will donate soon.

mievmo
01-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Never Pay For Filesharing!

Grind$oFine
01-03-2008, 12:13 AM
OiNK but it's gone, so I don't really consider it in this poll.

I voted for FSC,
fantastic content, fantastic tracker, fantastic staff, fantastic forums, fantastic everything.
The site is also very unique compared to others. Top notch. Truly.

Other than that, probably RevTT/FTN/Waffles.

I've donated to quite a few other trackers before though.

SHUVT
01-03-2008, 12:46 AM
What nobody voted for SuperTorrents? LOL For those who don't know what happens on allot of trackers, let us just say sometimes it goes to 19 year old kids that like to buy lexus and other things.

Very few trackers honestly put the money back into the tracker itself. Just because you see the donation amount on the top of the main page does not mean that is all the cash they raked in for the month.

If I were ever to donate it would be to a very small tracker with a small number of members to assure the money was going to supporting the community and not some kids pocket.

Cheers!

hijump
01-03-2008, 02:44 AM
Tl ..

dythim
01-03-2008, 02:48 AM
ScT for me. Such an awesome tracker and I've donated before.

I'm sure I would say FTN and FSC as well but I'm not a member, yet!

grimms
01-03-2008, 02:58 AM
OiNK but it's gone, so I don't really consider it in this poll.

I voted for FSC,
fantastic content, fantastic tracker, fantastic staff, fantastic forums, fantastic everything.
The site is also very unique compared to others. Top notch. Truly.

Other than that, probably RevTT/FTN/Waffles.

I've donated to quite a few other trackers before though.

:(:(:( Wish i was a member to know. Again though i vote for Oink or Filelist.

ScT for me. Such an awesome tracker and I've donated before.

I'm sure I would say FTN and FSC as well but I'm not a member, yet!

I agree with you whole heartly.

xurbia
01-03-2008, 03:00 AM
Any site that i use regularly and want to continue doing so :)
...wonder what happened to oinks funds when it got raided

saulin
01-03-2008, 04:21 AM
I would donate to Pleasuredome because the content is unique where most other trackers have trackers that could pontetially replace them and Pleasuredome is a tracker I want to see alive for a while. Well also Underground-Gamer. I actually donated to U-G.

ZedZedZed
01-03-2008, 04:37 AM
Fsc

lubu
01-03-2008, 08:31 AM
I had donated to RevTT during a double up scheme and they had disabled my account after a couple of days because of the high ratio it resulted in.....And inspite of explaining things to them they refused to enable it back again....so now I kind of shy away from donating....

sense
01-03-2008, 10:11 AM

You can just as easily ask them not to give you VIP status or a donor star and still donate.

Also what's a better way of earning VIP status? Donor's and Uploaders pretty much keep the site afloat. I am just wondering what your criteria would be for for obtaining VIP status.

I don't think downloading, uploading, keeping a good ratio, posting in the forums really counts. That's the criteria for a good user, not VIP. VIP would be one that goes above and beyond.

TheFoX
01-03-2008, 10:47 AM

You can just as easily ask them not to give you VIP status or a donor star and still donate.

Also what's a better way of earning VIP status? Donor's and Uploaders pretty much keep the site afloat. I am just wondering what your criteria would be for for obtaining VIP status.

I don't think downloading, uploading, keeping a good ratio, posting in the forums really counts. That's the criteria for a good user, not VIP. VIP would be one that goes above and beyond.

I've actually awarded VIP to quite a few members who have kept the forums active, but these people tend to end up being staff anyway, sooner or later.

Personally, I would rather have a custom title than the VIP title, as the custom title says so much more about your contribution to the site (it also shows that personal service).

apunpktun
01-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I mostly donate to all trackers I use often.... well mostly one tracker a month.... they help me out... least i cud do is return the favour....

shutdk
01-03-2008, 04:01 PM

So who pay for your fuck sake crew errection site?

medo
01-03-2008, 04:13 PM

So who pay for your fuck sake crew errection site?

:lol::lol:

eXoDuS
01-03-2008, 04:24 PM
TL of course!
even thouth that is most times down it has make great progress ( with cutting the invites ) and i am sure that they will do something great in few days/moths.....
i will be waiting ;)

crackerjack
01-03-2008, 05:12 PM
1. Demonoid, I've been a member on there for a few years, and want it back...
2. Piratebay, because they stand up to the RIAA, MPAA and other Media Corporations.
3. Oink's Lawsuit, (already donated after paypal unfroze their account)

I've donated a few times or more to private torrent sites I'm in, bitme, what.cd, waffles, bitmetv, Because they're good sites to contribute back into, which I'm part of. Even if they were shut down tomorrow, I'll know I've helped out and didn't freeload from them.

The Wanderer
01-03-2008, 07:29 PM
demonoid if the site would be up. :(

lostdemon
01-04-2008, 04:35 AM
demonoid and blackcats

Skengeboy
01-04-2008, 04:54 AM
iTS.

Zaxx
01-04-2008, 06:36 AM
I have, do and will continue to donate to FTN because they're not sellouts like some of these sites are...greedy bastards.

limpdickkid
01-04-2008, 07:07 AM
I would donate to either:
- Demonoid...if it would help to bring it back I would certainly donate. One of the best trackers out there. They have done alot for BT.
- TPB... love these guys. They are one of the few people that are fighting for BT and have done so much for BT.
- FSC.. The guys there have done so much for the private tracker scene its unreal. Most people dont know the contributions they've made to BT and if I can help them in anyway I would.

But I voted for Demonoid as losing them was certainly a huge loss to BT and I would to see them make a comeback.

I would also consider donating to trackers that provide something unique yet essential, like HDBits or Underground-Gamer.

fazzy07
01-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Usually I just wait till the end of the month when I get my paycheck and donate to the trackers I love and who haven't reached their monthly goal yet

Presto
01-04-2008, 09:16 AM
sct - Many people probably want to kill me now, but it has everything I expect from a torrent-tracker. That's also why I've already donated to em and I would do it again if I had to.
oink - I would donate for oink if it would just bring them back up. It is an irreplaceable source for music, at least for me.

whitmar
01-04-2008, 02:01 PM
I've donated to most of my tracker sites over the past few years. I haven't always had the time to devote to each of the forums because of career obligations, so donations were my way of contributing resources that were available to me at those times. I'm still very happy to donate money to these sites because I believe in their respective missions. I look forward to the day I can donate to FTN. ;)

OnEyM
01-04-2008, 02:04 PM
where's the "against all" answer option?

SAM
01-04-2008, 02:10 PM
i only donate to the trackers i love and feel i belong to .
i may donate to iptorrents,fsc,nb,its

LoKaLiRi
01-04-2008, 03:02 PM
well i would definitely donate to TL without hesitation :)

me too :yup:

merwais
01-04-2008, 07:57 PM
I will donate only to IPTorrents not others.
IPT rocks