PDA

View Full Version : What you like to see & not like to see in your invitee ?

dinko
01-02-2008, 10:49 AM
To invite your friends or new user at forums at torrent sites which you are member , what things people consider to grant invite to that lucky invite ?

-either he/she has good speed

- either your good friend from sometime

-either you trust him/her anyhow

-either you think he/she may contribute something to community

and which things you don't like to see in invitee since you did waited for some time to get such invite like ...

-he/she turns cheater

-he/she trader

-he holds some tags anti-anti /etc

-he says about his wish to join because of birthday/dumped by gf /etc

:huh:

just want to know wht your opinions

ScreaminJay
01-02-2008, 10:50 AM
aa

Artemis
01-02-2008, 11:01 AM
You're taking this inviting thing way too seriously

I've invited cheaters, repeated offenders (on their third account), etc. They get banned and that's that.

I guess most annoying is to invite someone only to have him/her log once and never again

you haven't been burned by a cheater then, with some a/c's you are responsible for your invitee's, they screw up you either lose your invites forever ( like I have ) or your a/c gets disabled. We'll see how you feel when some dickhead you invite costs you invites or your a/c somewhere, you wont be quite so cheery then :whistling

yayyyyyy
01-02-2008, 11:02 AM
I guess most annoying is to invite someone only to have him/her log once and never again

yeah... I hate users seeking invites just to "have them" and that after you invite them they do not use the site...

(like most ppl on here showing "ratio proofs" on HD sites with like 10 - 15gb uploaded.... lmao... less then 2 movies :whistling)

t0mmy
01-02-2008, 11:05 AM
yeah one of the most annoying things is that when you invite someone, then you see them not even using the account, when you couldve chosen other people to invite.. that really grinds my gears :D

grimms
01-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Yea most annoying thins is when you grant an invite to a user and you see 0 uploaded and 0 downloaded. Or worse they leech 3 gigs worth and have a download of 0.

Cheffy
01-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Inactivity..
Both on forums/comments and downloaded.

You feel that you could have spent that invite on someone more deserving (or needed it more)

$we
01-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Yes! inactivity is #1 on my list. Although I would rather have an inactive invitee than a leeching invitee!

And I'm sure you all agree.

fatcat69
01-02-2008, 06:25 PM
You're taking this inviting thing way too seriously

I've invited cheaters, repeated offenders (on their third account), etc. They get banned and that's that.

you haven't been burned by a cheater then, with some a/c's you are responsible for your invitee's, they screw up you either lose your invites forever ( like I have ) or your a/c gets disabled. We'll see how you feel when some dickhead you invite costs you invites or your a/c somewhere, you wont be quite so cheery then :whistling

Lost two accounts that way, now I offer my invites to friends and friends only

on here I mass pm anyone who i put on my buddy list first, however most of them are in the same trackers so if that happens i then have pretty tight req. for any of my friend making invite giving ventures.

To be honest, I just want invitees that upload more then they leech...and just know the rules and obey them:happy:

Can you really ask for more?

SAM
01-02-2008, 06:25 PM
i always try to pick the one i feel he/she may contribute something to the community but if i can't be sure of that he must be an honest person .
the ones i hate the most ; people who pretending they against something yet they are not .

wait i forgot :D
i have some people i hate them the most ; those who saying they gonna die if they won't get this invite or the one who asking you for an invite because his girlfriend need it
that's really annoying

fatcat69
01-02-2008, 06:46 PM
wait i forgot :D
i have some people i hate them the most ; those who saying they gonna die if they won't get this invite or the one who asking you for an invite because his girlfriend need it
that's really annoying

I hear that. Torrenting is a hobby....people wont die if they dont get an invite.

Medooooo
01-02-2008, 09:54 PM
To invite your friends or new user at forums at torrent sites which you are member , what things people consider to grant invite to that lucky invite ?

- either your good friend from sometime

-either you trust him/her anyhow

and which things you don't like to see in invitee since you did waited for some time to get such invite like ...

-he/she turns cheater

-he/she trader

xurbia
01-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Cheaters and inactivity are definitely the worst :angry:

filonome
01-02-2008, 11:08 PM
the things i like to see in someone in invite is a polite attitude.

mera
01-02-2008, 11:20 PM
I would not like to see an Invitee trade or cheat an invite!

Sanka113
01-02-2008, 11:40 PM
i like my women to be smart, sexy and caring. Wait, what are suppose to be talking bout?

pandabear
01-02-2008, 11:46 PM
All i ask for are active users, who keep a decent ratio (higher than 1), and don't cheat.

Cruel
01-03-2008, 12:02 AM
I don't know, someone that I could talk with and stuff, and doesn't dissapear when he gets the invite would be great, a cheater would be the worst

kaffeine
01-03-2008, 12:12 AM
This (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-the-best-giveaway-ever-2008-post2537241/postcount1) is a good example of what I would hate to see in one of my invitees

Grind$oFine
01-03-2008, 12:22 AM
I hate when one of my invitees gets me banned. That's all I hate.
I also dislike when users get banned because they can't read the rules.

I don't really care about inactivity unless someone begs me for the invite, says a bunch of b.s. about how they need the tracker, and then they give the account away to someone I don't know.

And it's always nice to see a user who actually uses a tracker like they say they will.

stoi
01-03-2008, 12:38 AM
After some of the things i have seen over the years, i wouldnt invite anyone anywhere lol

Uploaders cheating on their own torrents.

Member from here i give an account to just 4 days ago, cheating and uploadinf to no one, he even admited it when i pmed him on here to inform him his account was disabled.

and numerous other misdemeaners that are just to many to mention.

But if i had to invite anyone, it would be some of my staff members (i think lol).

I wouldnt invite my wife and the kids, as they take no bloody notice of me anyway, one of my kids has already been banned off BCG and i wont let him make another account (harsh yeah, but they have to learn) that was for hit and running, bad ratio, not cheating though.

Cruel
01-03-2008, 12:40 AM
one of my kids has already been banned off BCG and i wont let him make another account (harsh yeah, but they have to learn) that was for hit and running, bad ratio, not cheating though.

That was really funny :D

pandabear
01-03-2008, 12:45 AM
I wouldnt invite my wife and the kids, as they take no bloody notice of me anyway, one of my kids has already been banned off BCG and i wont let him make another account (harsh yeah, but they have to learn) that was for hit and running, bad ratio, not cheating though.

That is definitely one of the funnier stories, inviting your son to your own site, and then banning him :P

But yea, I have never invited a real life friend to a torrent site, because they just don't have the time for ratios etc, and their internet is even worse than mine.

Cruel
01-03-2008, 12:48 AM
But yea, I have never invited a real life friend to a torrent site, because they just don't have the time for ratios etc, and their internet is even worse than mine.

I have the same problem I have friends asking me for invites but I just cannot give them cause I know they won't keep up the ratio and will risk everything for me. Still I feel really bad though they're often very good friends :(

vlcoq
01-03-2008, 02:08 AM
sometimes I wish I have power to lock/unlock accounts of users I did invite for some time (one or two months)

and also is nice to see when your invite meet the need and is used properly :cool:

Cruel
01-03-2008, 02:12 AM
and also is nice to see when your invite meet the need and is used properly :cool:

I have two invites given out last week which still haven't been touched. It feels so sad :/

Adam1990
01-03-2008, 04:28 AM
I only care that they use the account and keep a good ratio. Although I do like to see forum posts.

singing_sol
01-03-2008, 05:36 AM
may be its the speed for the first one

and the second would be the person is not a cheater

AmpeD
01-03-2008, 05:38 AM
I decided that from now on I want to see atleast 50 forum posts and a ration BELOW 3. those are the users torrent sites need more of

singing_sol
01-03-2008, 05:43 AM
lol amped

AmpeD
01-03-2008, 05:44 AM
why are u lolin at meh? :huh:

singing_sol
01-03-2008, 05:51 AM
nothin personal

crackerjack
01-03-2008, 06:31 AM
I ask them to PM me within a torrent site we're both part of so I see for myself they have a good ratio, upload/download history.

RoSsoNeRI
01-03-2008, 06:35 AM
I absolutely HATE when they don't use their accounts. Like the account is a month old and u c 0.00kb up and 0.00 kb down. Pisses me off.....

As long as they keep a Good ratio, Don't cheat, Don't trade, and r active....Im happy

BamZow
01-03-2008, 07:29 AM
The thing I hate the most is people begging for invites to high levels (goes for ALL requests in the invites section) , because of "the great community", and then never post a single post in the forum nor even getting an avatar.
Say from the beginning that you just want to invite for your collection instead.