PDA

View Full Version : Need a Demonoid replacement?

Viol8te
01-02-2008, 11:39 PM
www.torrentstorage.com (http://www.torrentstorage.com)

Here is a site setup very similar to Demonoid - open registration still at the moment.

fOrUmAs
01-02-2008, 11:45 PM
wow site looks almost like old demonoid..well this icon is little different and with red color :D

teamlam
01-02-2008, 11:52 PM
but is the content as good as demonoid?

grimms
01-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Don't like their point system. You get charged points each time you download a torrent. Other then that it's almost a perfect replica of Demonoid which makes me wonder if their involved with this site.

mrnobody
01-02-2008, 11:57 PM
i will give it a try.

btw that demon icon looks dead lame get the original demon back

and can u make categories (category and subcategory) the way demonoid had it? they had it the best.

grimms
01-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Yea the icon is too big as well. You'll dread their point system though. The advantage is that it will boost the forum community. Maybe over time it won't be such a bad thing at all.

fOrUmAs
01-03-2008, 12:00 AM
i will give it a try.

btw that demon icon looks dead lame get the original demon back

that old one shoudnt be back,every site should have they own icon even if site is same as demo tho

grimms
01-03-2008, 12:02 AM
True but the big red icon is still ugly. I think their someone how involved though. Even the seed to leech ratio looks healthy.

fOrUmAs
01-03-2008, 12:07 AM
True but the big red icon is still ugly. I think their someone how involved though. Even the seed to leech ratio looks healthy.

well its ugly for u maybe,and also old icon of demonoid was probably ugly to until u used on that..so u will probably on that to :P

mrnobody
01-03-2008, 12:11 AM

well its ugly for u maybe,and also old icon of demonoid was probably ugly to until u used on that..so u will probably on that to :P

the real demon was sexay :naughty:

this one is just uhh....ugly!

kallieb
01-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Looking like is not being like. Demonoid's content was the best ever. Millions of torrents. Thanks for the share, but so far it's a wannabe tracker with 5000 torrents.

fOrUmAs
01-03-2008, 12:19 AM
Looking like is not being like. Demonoid's content was the best ever. Millions of torrents. Thanks for the share, but so far it's a wannabe tracker with 5000 torrents.

lol i dont no if that site is still new or its been there for some time,but major tracker that are old over 1 year dont have 5000torrents so be happy what u got...lol milions u think that demonoid on start have more torrents that this site??

delimare
01-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the info.

grimms
01-03-2008, 12:48 AM

Your right:D The new icon won't sway from the site though. I am getting some old chills though. Thats a good thing though.:P

Yea it will need time. Demonoid was around for like 3 or 4 years i think.

ScreaminJay
01-03-2008, 12:50 AM
aa

grimms
01-03-2008, 12:50 AM

It will need time.

was gonna say the same thing, give it a few weeks... Content seem to be added quite steadily as it is...

And while you may dislike their pts system... I think they just want people to upload torrents to build up their database. They probably will get rid of it once they have alot of torrents available.

Yea i actually retract my earlier statements. I no longer see it as a bad thing. It did take about 20 minutes for me to process that though:)

Unknown1
01-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Hi, im the owner of torrentstorage.com I noticed this board was generating hits to my site, so i decided to check it out and see what was going on over here at filesharingtalking
Nice site by the way Admin
Just figured i would quote a post or two in this thread to fill thinking minds
The site has been up and running for about 100 days. I saw that someone asked that question in this thread somewhere
anyhow here you go

Don't like their point system. You get charged points each time you download a torrent. Other then that it's almost a perfect replica of Demonoid which makes me wonder if their involved with this site.

This system was added to cut back on the leechers- Hit and runners as i call them.
Seems to be doing to trick too

When was a demon ever purdy?? That wasn't the look i was going for. If i wanted that i would have added amanda pete as the "icon"

A wanna be tracker?? Not sure what that means. Please DEFINE

the site is currently hosting 8000 torrents. Im not sure where you got your information

GOOD DAY TO ALL

Adama
01-03-2008, 02:13 AM
i will give it a try
the demon icon looks ugly

MrLazy
01-03-2008, 02:16 AM
to be honest the only reason why i joined was because it looked similar to Demonoid and it helps me remember how good Demonoid was :) Hope it gets as good as Demonoid in the future

PS: Fix the damn red demon ..looks terrible to be honest ;)

mrnobody
01-03-2008, 02:34 AM
We are not taking site suggestions at this time.

:fist:

ScreaminJay
01-03-2008, 02:45 AM
aa

grimms
01-03-2008, 02:47 AM
The demon is ugly, but your right. It needs some improvement but i think it's gonna be a huge tracker in the near future.

lostdemon
01-03-2008, 04:35 AM
Has a demonoidish look to it. I think if more ex demonoid members saw this site they would flock to it and eventually bring back the demonoid we all remember just as a different name.
This will be a site I'll keep my eyes on.

seppypom
01-03-2008, 04:43 AM
the site is currently hosting 8000 torrents. Im not sure where you got your information

/me thinks she got it from here
http://torrentstorage.com/torrents-search.php

where it currently shows 5912 torrents

singing_sol
01-03-2008, 05:19 AM
hey every thin is just the same just a little changes

snoopyq
01-03-2008, 05:20 AM

/me thinks she got it from here
http://torrentstorage.com/torrents-search.php

where it currently shows 5912 torrents

i see dead torrents... 8153
http://torrentstorage.com/torrents-search.php?search=&cat=0&incldead=1

fsephie
01-03-2008, 05:30 AM
I don't see how anybody would say the points system is a bad thing. Unless you have a major fixation on downloading hundreds of torrents daily, you should be fine. You get an amount between 25-75 points PER TORRENT seeded several times a day.

singing_sol
01-03-2008, 05:32 AM
may be

I don't see how anybody would say the points system is a bad thing. Unless you have a major fixation on downloading hundreds of torrents daily, you should be fine. You get an amount between 25-75 points PER TORRENT seeded several times a day.

thats cool

gujju121
01-03-2008, 07:28 AM
I like mininova.org

Scavenger
01-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Try Zamunda.

yacine911
01-03-2008, 11:07 AM
ther is no site can replace the green demon he was the best

magushun
01-03-2008, 11:22 AM
the red demon is simply ugly
the site is completely the same like demonoid
they just stole the whole site

twist off
01-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out...

They seem to have a pretty healthy content of PC Games

EDIT: Actually all of their games (PC & Consoles) are mixed together...

SAM
01-03-2008, 01:54 PM
but how to register every time i click the sign up it takes me to a plank page :(

Paladia
01-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I don't see how anybody would say the points system is a bad thing. Unless you have a major fixation on downloading hundreds of torrents daily, you should be fine. You get an amount between 25-75 points PER TORRENT seeded several times a day.Not checked out their system to any greater degree. But pretty much all point systems has the same flaw, it does not benefit those who actually seed.

What happens in a point system is that users will seed 20 or so torrent but cap their upload to 1kB/s, hence they get calculated as seeding without actually doing anything useful.

With a normal rating system, you KNOW (apart from cheating) that a user with a decent ratio has contributed and done something useful. He has at least contributed as much as he has taken.

Hence, a point system is in my opinion a seriously flawed mechanic, which is why most people resent it. It will also attract people with an extremely slow upload, who cannot manage on a normal ratio site which makes it even slower to download. Which is too bad, it looked like the site had some potential.

McLovin
01-03-2008, 02:27 PM
I'd like a demonoid replacement.. but I don't really like the looks of this one.

especially with the point system.

Unknown1
01-03-2008, 03:08 PM
I don't see how anybody would say the points system is a bad thing. Unless you have a major fixation on downloading hundreds of torrents daily, you should be fine. You get an amount between 25-75 points PER TORRENT seeded several times a day.Not checked out their system to any greater degree. But pretty much all point systems has the same flaw, it does not benefit those who actually seed.

What happens in a point system is that users will seed 20 or so torrent but cap their upload to 1kB/s, hence they get calculated as seeding without actually doing anything useful.

With a normal rating system, you KNOW (apart from cheating) that a user with a decent ratio has contributed and done something useful. He has at least contributed as much as he has taken.

Hence, a point system is in my opinion a seriously flawed mechanic, which is why most people resent it. It will also attract people with an extremely slow upload, who cannot manage on a normal ratio site which makes it even slower to download. Which is too bad, it looked like the site had some potential.
Ratio applies as well. If a user was to set a slow upload limit the ratio system would take effect
users that dont maintain a ratio over 0.50 will have their account terminated
It the users account is under 0.50 for more than 5 days the system disables their account.
It wouldn't matter if they had 50000000000 points
With both systems it makes it hard for hit and runnings to stick around.
users must be willing to share or they wont last long

http://image1hosting.com/pics/6b968542587f0cf4360310317869360a.jpg (http://image1hosting.com/#6b968542587f0cf4360310317869360a.jpg)

fOrUmAs
01-03-2008, 03:13 PM
ther is no site can replace the green demon he was the best

then why u have stoped to use that site?

if u like it then use it,but yea of course site is gone:blink: