PDA

View Full Version : what happened to leecherslair

imranarif
01-03-2008, 04:35 PM
hi,
leechairslair is not responding can anyone know about it ?

fOrUmAs
01-03-2008, 04:53 PM
leecherslair working fine

DianaMaclay
01-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Well this is odd...
A few minutes ago, the page was down. It got a message about a SQL something (can't remember)

Now the page is back up again, but I can't login! It says that either the username or the pass are wrong. (And just in case you were wondering, Yes, I was a member untill today)

Anyone else having same problem?

Nemrod
01-03-2008, 05:30 PM
leecherslair working fine

No, itīs not.

They have been hacked.

Some retard new member thought it might be funny to inject a code into the site that has caused havoc over the past 24 hours. I have spend the past day trying to track it down but whatever it was it was a good hack and I can't find it anywhere. So I am now having to reload a backup of the code and database I made before I went away for Christmas ie 22nd December which means anything recorded from that date will be lost.

fOrUmAs
01-03-2008, 05:31 PM
probably because of this

this massage have been send 24min.ago

PM TO ALL MEMBERS---------------------

Some retard new member thought it might be funny to inject a code into the site that has caused havoc over the past 24 hours. I have spend the past day trying to track it down but whatever it was it was a good hack and I can't find it anywhere. So I am now having to reload a backup of the code and database I made before I went away for Christmas ie 22nd December which means anything recorded from that date will be lost. Once I get the site up and running I will make the site freeleech and double upload until further notice to make up for it. Any member that has donated since 22nd December will have to send me a pm on site with the details again, it might take a while to get round to sorting as I'll have more pressing matters to deal with.

I apologize for the inconvenience and any statistics lost but while there are bored script kiddies out there this sort of thing will happen.

@Nemrod when i was checking site its worked and im still on site there ;)

Nemrod
01-03-2008, 05:53 PM

Yes, me too... but I lost 12 Gb upload and some seed points. :dry:

Thanks Forumas. ;)

thebazzla
01-03-2008, 06:11 PM
well at least he is going to make it free leech and double upload which is a credit to him looks like he is working on it now as all the torrents have disappeared

twist off
01-03-2008, 09:47 PM
my name/password/email are also not working...
however, my torrent is still seeding....

EDIT: accounts probably created after 12/22 have been erased also.... they just had open signups and thats when i signed up...

$we
01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
guys, make suree the password of your account on leecherslair isn't the same as your email account's password!

fOrUmAs
01-03-2008, 10:09 PM

Yes, me too... but I lost 12 Gb upload and some seed points. :dry:

Thanks Forumas. ;)

All members now have the ability to upload, if you have any torrents that you have downloaded from here then please upload them so other members can jump on to help seed them. Once we get back to normal state all members will receive a ratio bonus http://www.leecherslair.com/pic/smilies/grin.gif

:happy:

prifgt
01-03-2008, 11:47 PM
They were hacked.

kallieb
01-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Whoever the asshat is who hacked that site is a dickfaced jerk!!!

LL is a great site. One I've used for months.

Hope it recovers.

SAM
01-04-2008, 02:53 AM
the cat is angry be ware every one :)
i wish it recovers soon

ceasar
01-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Now it's clear, why the signup process was ending in freezing...

seanbee
01-04-2008, 04:00 PM
I am amazed at how quickly LL has bounced back, this is evident in the amount of torrents that was re-uploaded in just a matter of hours.

Great site with great members.

I chipped in a bit but I have to watch my bandwidth on my seedbox so not as much as I would have liked

coasternut
03-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi Guys,
I still cannot get into LL. Does anyone have a direct email to get in touch with them as I don't want to lose the best site that I have ever used. I still get the sql message when I try to log in and it will not accept my password or login.
thanks