PDA

View Full Version : FTN Mods Hangout here But what do they like to see ?

kadake
01-03-2008, 11:03 PM
I have searched many forums and had many chats in lots of IRC channels on my quest for an FTN invite, and i have now gone full circle as im being told by some friends that alot of the FTN community when outside of the FTN forums hang HERE in FST.

I have seen a million requests for an FTN invites and read them all to see if any manage to have any success, so unless they got PM'd , i haven't seen anyone manage it.

The next thing i hear again and again is "make friends and maybe you will get lucky", so ive tried that but it seems so fake that im just goading someone along so i get summit at the end of it.

I understand that FTN users don't want to hand out invites to strangers and potential scammers, and some now tell me that ratios and proofs don't really carry any weight either regarding being trust worthy.

So im lost.

My Plea Here and Now is to Members of FTN , please leave a short comment explaining what grabs your attention and what are good points you look for in a new potential member.

An invite would great, No better than great, F@#king awesome !, but i know this is unlikely.

So please just spare couple minutes to add something.

I also heard that FTN members invites got doubled over xmas or new year so there must be a few knocking about.

magushun
01-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Well, i don't know, some of them just left days/weeks ago. Quitted torrenting world. I can't say anything more, im dreaming of that invite too for a long time.

But there are a lot of users with invite here if you mean that.

mrnobody
01-03-2008, 11:16 PM
1. yes, FTN request have been successful. Some deserving members have got it through FSTers whereas others through the Sysop B himself.

2. When i came here first i was told the very same thing "make friends and maybe you will get lucky". I think you can do that by being more active and mainly having the "right" attitude. If so do so, in long run, people will notice you (whether they are your friend or not) and will likely invite you...if not at least will wish you good luck :)

From this post you seem to be a potential user....but i have to say (if you will take it as suggestion only; not offense)...please remove your sig...it's just too much.

3. The Sysop B nolonger is in staff page at FTN and has taken break from torrenting world for a while. Meanwhile, another staff who often visited here has quit torrenting forever =/

Tokeman
01-03-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm fairly sure that people will be looking for more then 89 posts in 3 years... but maybe thats just me, I like to know a little bit about who I invite.

max59x
01-03-2008, 11:19 PM
I think Bra****** was associated with FTN staff somehow. (didn't know I had to censur the name... :x)

BTW: Why not get a life instead of wasting it like you seem to do?

really, some GB's really deserve that time you're wasting? I can't understand you people, just get the trackers you want, a good selection so when you need something you know were to get it, and forget the rarity shitty thing...

Cheeseman1208
01-03-2008, 11:24 PM
I think Bra****** was associated with FTN staff somehow. (didn't know I had to censur the name... :x)

BTW: Why not get a life instead of wasting it like you seem to do?

really, some GB's really deserve that time you're wasting? I can't understand you people, just get the trackers you want, a good selection so when you need something you know were to get it, and forget the rarity shitty thing...
Amen.

I wish I could get the three months of my life back that I spent obsessing over torrents.

Peter North
01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Well, both "Brandon" and "Celtic" leaved already FTN staff, they already tould us that...
Just search on the bitorrent section.

kadake
01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
1. yes, FTN request have been successful. Some deserving members have got it through FSTers whereas others through the Sysop B himself.

2. When i came here first i was told the very same thing "make friends and maybe you will get lucky". I think you can do that by being more active and mainly having the "right" attitude. If so do so, in long run, people will notice you (whether they are your friend or not) and will likely invite you...if not at least will wish you good luck :)

From this post you seem to be a potential user....but i have to say (if you will take it as suggestion only; not offense)...please remove your sig...it's just too much.

3. The Sysop B nolonger is in staff page at FTN and has taken break from torrenting world for a while. Meanwhile, another staff who often visited here has quit torrenting forever =/

I removed the SIG , cheers for the tip and you can be as offensive as you like , im all ears to any criticism.

In general i have kept a very low key, read much more than i posted and never done a trade or giveaway, how do members of FTN see a person who does giveaways or Trades ?

i dont even have a AVATAR here because i didnt want to attract to much attention, and havent reveliaed what trackers im a member of , so to most people here i seem to be a small fish :) , should i be more bold , would this do me more credit.?

fazzy07
01-03-2008, 11:30 PM
To become a good candidate for ftn you have to be active here and any other community you are part of. Help out other members and be honest and positive. ftn not only carries content but community too so activeness is a major plus. As for friends you will make some by respecting others and by spending some time

magushun
01-03-2008, 11:32 PM

If im finished im gonna leave this, I've helped people, I have been helped a lot, I've gathered what i seek, after this last step, im gonna just live happily with these.

mrnobody
01-03-2008, 11:50 PM
I removed the SIG , cheers for the tip and you can be as offensive as you like , im all ears to any criticism.

In general i have kept a very low key, read much more than i posted and never done a trade or giveaway, how do members of FTN see a person who does giveaways or Trades ?

i dont even have a AVATAR here because i didnt want to attract to much attention, and havent reveliaed what trackers im a member of , so to most people here i seem to be a small fish :) , should i be more bold , would this do me more credit.?

it's nice to know that you care about how someone sees you but i think originality is the key....be who you really are...and if that's bad..fix it.

I think giveaway or trade are okay if the site allows. But, most high lvl tracker (ftn, fsc, sct) don't allow giveaway. Meanwhile 99.9% tracker do not allow trading which makes it almost impossible to trade without breaking site rule. Example: elektronik allows trade, but what are u gonna trade with? So, the best option is not to trade...but then i know plenty people who are trader but are really nice and generous...and some are extrader and regret not being told this: trading is against almost all sites rule. btw, account giveaway is also considered trade...i am telling u coz nobody told me that...and i regret it but when it's done...its done =/

Also, there are some sites where u it's almost impossible to get in through trading. And trust me, those are one of the best sites :rolleyes:

....and don't fake out. i personally dislike users who fake stuff about trading, anti-trading, scamming etc just to skip an invite.

meh what was the last time i wrote this much in FST, in my FTN request thread? :lol: Anways good luck :naughty: and hope u follow my text coz i didn't reread/fix it :P

grimms
01-03-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm fairly sure that people will be looking for more then 89 posts in 3 years... but maybe thats just me, I like to know a little bit about who I invite.

Tokeman i said the same thing in my mind. The guys been here 2 years longer then me you should have way more posts then that. I do think if you become more active and make friends you'll get what you seek over time and with patience. There are lot of wonderful friendly people in here. Good luck hope you get in.:)

fsephie
01-04-2008, 12:05 AM
It certainly isn't impossible to get an invite through these forums. That being said, so few people put any real amount of effort into what they say that it just ends up not working out for them. I can guarantee you that if all the people who were asking for invites had something really sincere beyond "I want it." you'd certainly see a rise in people being invited.

GoLDeN
01-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Sorry But Brandon & Celtic Were Ur Last Chance And Both Left One For Good And The Other For Some Time

danio
01-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Sorry But Brandon & Celtic Were Ur Last Chance And Both Left One For Good And The Other For Some Time

True, and not true.. They left but that doesn't mean that he has no change. I was invited by a fellow FST member.

SAM
01-04-2008, 01:12 AM
i think to join a community -any community- you have to be active and always help other members.

singing_sol
01-04-2008, 01:24 AM
right now i've been dreaming for his invite but didn't work out for me

goysalh
01-04-2008, 01:30 AM
It certainly isn't impossible to get an invite through these forums. That being said, so few people put any real amount of effort into what they say that it just ends up not working out for them. I can guarantee you that if all the people who were asking for invites had something really sincere beyond "I want it." you'd certainly see a rise in people being invited.
:noes:
If you good member and friends you can easily find it.

singing_sol
01-04-2008, 01:35 AM
lol nice comment but did u read the total thread

SAM
01-04-2008, 01:44 AM
i never know that brandon left ftn :(
i was counting on him :D

fatcat69
01-04-2008, 01:50 AM
hey sam, thats a huge sig!

To the OP, just be active and post, make friends, its really not hard, I have been active for 4 weeks here and I have to take a break from hanging out here bc Ill join too many trackers haha just hang out, be friendly....nearly all the people who are active as much as me have all these sites that people keep requesting for

goysalh
01-04-2008, 01:56 AM
But İn FTN you have one invite one mounth and need alot of people.

SAM
01-04-2008, 01:58 AM
is my sig against the rules?
if so please advice

RoSsoNeRI
01-04-2008, 01:59 AM
If u Don't Fit, Quit?? That's not a good advice :lol:

SAM
01-04-2008, 02:02 AM
i think it's good advice :naughty::P

mrnobody
01-04-2008, 02:08 AM
if you don't fit, squeeze in :D

grimms
01-04-2008, 02:15 AM
right now i've been dreaming for his invite but didn't work out for me

With that attitude it will not work out for you. You have to be active, active, more active, and even more then active. Learn to over react:)

kadake
01-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks for all your comments , especially to squirr3l for that lengthy reply, i appreciate the time spent to give me some good pointers :)

Ronnie Coleman
01-04-2008, 04:53 PM
You'll not get FTN invite, FTN will get you. ;)

monk3y
01-04-2008, 05:07 PM
lol what is this stupid thread ffs
first of all it doesn't belong here, it belongs in the main bittorent page.
second people these days are doing all sorta weird things to get the tracker they want and my question is when did people here started acting foolish for invites ?!

BamZow
01-04-2008, 05:22 PM
when did people here started acting foolish for invites ?!

When they/we registered :P

grimms
01-04-2008, 05:53 PM
This thread is still open?

simcha
01-04-2008, 07:00 PM
my philosophy is: "build your ratio and they will come"

grimms
01-04-2008, 07:18 PM
my philosophy is: "build your ratio and they will come"

No they won't. You need friends and people who could be trusted. Thats it!

pandabear
01-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Getting into FTN is all about luck. But in my honest opinion if you are going to make a request withe lines, " i want ftn, because i hear the community is really good", you have already lost me.

Cabalo
01-04-2008, 09:35 PM
for what i've read at this thread, it even makes me think that ftn users are more important than any user of any other tracker.

ffs, this is just the fuc*ing internet ! no one is more important than any other just cuz he has an invite for ftn or whatever.
and also, i must say, i'm kinda new around here, but i had enough seeing people sucking brandon's dick and pretending to be very nice to him, etc etc, all this for an invitation.
only recently i learned what a "community rep" is and to which community he belongs, and then i just said to myself: "oh, this explains all this e-dick sucking i've seen when brandon is around".
for the love of god, let's all stop this ftn and sct requesting. In case you people haven't noticed, requesting it won't do much good, if someone wants to invite you, then u will be invited... until then just stfu about it.

some people still didn't understand that the more they request it, the harder it will be for anyone to get invited.

just my 2 cents, sorry about my language, but i got fed up of all this trader vs non-trader vs e-dick suckers vs "be-nice-make-friends-get-invited" ...

YoGabbaGabba
01-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Quit looking and asking for ftn, asking for it is a for sure way not to get in. Also, if I were you I wouldn't look here. There's too many people. Go find a smaller forum or even a forum of your best tracker and concentrate your efforts there.

Fst is too big, you need to get on a personal level with people if you want to really get to know them.