PDA

View Full Version : I shouldn't post this because no one would really care but..

virtus134
01-04-2008, 01:55 AM
I gave up trading for trackers. Whoo. :D

I didn't give it up because it's against tracker rules and I suddenly gained a new set of morals. I didn't give it up because most everyone hates traders and I wanted to improve my chances of winning in giveaways. I just gave it up because I don't feel like I need to trade anymore, and if some site pops up in the future that I really need, I'll just ask for it and hope. And I still could care less if someone was a trader.

Yeah I don't really know why I made this thread. It's not really anything special to announce. But I'm an attention whore. :whistling

SAM
01-04-2008, 02:03 AM
i wish you are serious about it
and i wish you the best of luck

mrnobody
01-04-2008, 02:04 AM
:)

DanielleD87
01-04-2008, 02:06 AM
now grow up and gain some real morals like not accepting and giving invites to people you do not know which is just as bad as trading invites.

virtus134
01-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Danielle, you're so right.

Those are the morals I should gain. Not accepting invites to sites where I can get illegal software and steal money out of the hard-working developers and writers, but giving them away to strangers.

Thanks so much. I'll definitely take your advice.

But I'll keep raping and killing if that's okay with you.

aysomc
01-04-2008, 02:13 AM
well you're right, i dont care.

markupmaster
01-04-2008, 02:15 AM
I like the step you just took!

Good Luck Bud!

SAM
01-04-2008, 02:22 AM
virtus134

every community in the whole universe has its own rules and there are 2 ways to be a part of this community and live inside it .
go by the rules and inside the system and you will stay inside forever
go against the rules and may be you will survive
but what's the use of surviving, when you are scared you might get kicked out any second
what the use if you will be end up alone afraid to give your identity to any one cause he may report you

about what Danielle said

tracker staff trusted you with the invite at least return the favor and give the invite to whom you trust or believe he will add something to the tracker you belong to .
those trackers aren't only owned by their admins but also by their users

Again ; i wish you the best

virtus134
01-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Hey Sam.

First, I've never been worried about my account getting disabled for trading. And none of them have been disabled. And if it was disabled, then it was my own fault for stupidity, so I'd just blame myself. I can imagine a few traders being scared because they probably wanted to trade the big "no-nos" (FTN, etc), but I'd never do something like that.

And what Danielle said was just... blasphemy? He basically told me not to give invites away and or request them. (He said to strangers, but of course almost everyone here is a stranger to me). Which is what everyone does here. And I really hate when people want to talk to me about morals in torrenting, since.. it's illegal. I'll be damned if I'll stand here and be lectured in morals by a criminal :)

Oh I wish you the best with your FTN request also. Hope you get it

SAM
01-04-2008, 02:49 AM
not morals mate not morals
and no one is lecturing you at least me
i'm talking about rules
illegal or not we agreed to join so we have to go by the rules
i stand by you in the action you take and i like you cause you are active
thanks for your wishes :)

virtus134
01-04-2008, 02:57 AM
Oh sure. I was talking about Danielle's post since you referenced her / him. (Depends on the pronunciation of the name)

I see what you're saying obviously. That's part of the reason why I quit trading. The other part was because I got tired of everyone bitching about it in my threads :/ (And also I just didn't feel like it :P)

bornwithnoname
01-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Hey Sam.

And what Danielle said was just... blasphemy? He basically told me not to give invites away and or request them. (He said to strangers, but of course almost everyone here is a stranger to me). Which is what everyone does here. And I really hate when people want to talk to me about morals in torrenting, since.. it's illegal. I'll be damned if I'll stand here and be lectured in morals by a criminal :)

Would it be the wrong time to mention that Danielle is a woman?:yup:

DanielleD87
01-04-2008, 04:17 AM
it is really easy to tell how smart people are. If they are to stupid to write the s in she then they are to stupid to read and understand rules and understand why they are in place. this thread is beyond pointless. maybe if the poster wasn't trash them not trading would represent something.

pandabear
01-04-2008, 04:49 AM
The only reason half the people come here is for invites. All that make friends then invites will come, makes me laugh. So since your here, go ahead and accept all the free invites you can get.

ceasar
01-04-2008, 05:08 AM
this thread is beyond pointless.
Actually, about 50% threads/posts in this section consist of spam , so this one is not the worse.
And someone was talking about identity here, lol, would you really be happy to not hide it right now being f.e. oink donor? ;)

DanielleD87
01-04-2008, 06:38 AM
i don't completely understand ceasar, but you are right that there are a lot worse posts here then just this thread. i don't follow the oink donor thing though.

kyrcer
01-04-2008, 07:10 AM
You were bad but now you are good LOL and OMG

ceasar
01-04-2008, 07:20 AM
i don't completely understand ceasar, but you are right that there are a lot worse posts here then just this thread. i don't follow the oink donor thing though.
Oink servers p0wned by agencies and info about the money donated was kept there, so guess how many ppl now have a chance to find themselves in trouble, good users, donors. Why? Because of not protecting their anonymity's. Now it's more clear?
So, giving away your identity not the most smart and rational thing after all.

DanielleD87
01-04-2008, 08:48 AM
i guess that is the main reason why i do not donate. it still seems a bit off subject though.

sear
01-04-2008, 09:00 AM
I'll be damned if I'll stand here and be lectured in morals by a criminal :)

[off topic] just one point...torrenting isn't a crime in the sense that you gain a criminal record. In most countries (all that I know about) downloading is a civil matter. Yes it's illegal...but it doesn't make you a criminal. What is criminal is releasing pre-release files like movies or music. That can land you in jail and give you a criminal record. Downloading or even uploading non pre-release material will not it will just get you sued which I admit is bad enough. [/off topic]

Artemis
01-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Another point for both pandabear and virtus is that there are some torrent communities that you can only gain by making friends,so the quick trade only gets you so far, yes there are alot of posters here only interested in what they can get, this quickly becomes obvious, they come and go without really contributing anything.
But that isn't the point of the 'communities' that people create, alot of time and effort goes into creating these websites (the forums and trackers ) of the bit torrent community and the people that create these sites simply ask that you follow a few rules to be a member, but even this is too much for some people.
If you just want to rip the latest release and not actually talk to anyone or interact with a community why don't you just sod off and use usenet ?????????????

Adama
01-04-2008, 11:42 AM
:huh::huh:

DyNast
01-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Good for you, I guess :P

Xtremist
01-04-2008, 12:40 PM
now grow up and gain some real morals like not accepting and giving invites to people you do not know which is just as bad as trading invites.

THE best advice m8.

maddoxro
01-04-2008, 12:49 PM
this is a beginning...

poffin
01-04-2008, 12:53 PM
of the end.