PDA

View Full Version : Angry giveaway

fuufen
01-04-2008, 09:53 AM
First of a little story...

For quite a while now I haven't really taken so much part in this community on fst, I have just red the posts to keep up with whats happening in the torrenting community. As I checked trough my bookmarks i realized that I have trackers I don't use anymore so I thought don't just give them away, as I don't trade anymore (it's just stupid), so I gave away a CZone acc with 250gb buffer...I felt nice. Then i saw this (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-need-bitme-264510) thread where eka (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/eka-173755/) was requesting a bitme invite, as I have (had) 10 invites I thought, why not help him out...BIG MISTAKE...

Later on in the evening I saw a similar thread requesting a bitme invite, and i thought "why not" and when I was about to invite him I noticed all my invites were gone...That guy, eka, had managed to get his account disabled in under one day...how the f#*k can you do that???
So my new "life" with giveaways was short, I now officially won't ever give away an invite to random people...never. So thanks eka, for ruining it for 9 others that would have recieved an invite to bitme.

So what have I learned? Well, don't give invites to pl here on fst. Well, you probably gonna say "you should have requested some ratio proof", but I don't believe in them, even a 7 year old kid can fake ratio proofs...you don't have to be Einstein. And after all, it was bitme...a lvl 4 tracker, I can see why traders wanna cheat on some tracker, they get the acc, upload a huge load to get to PU so they get invites so they can trade them...but BitMe, I mean there isn't even a great demand for BitMe...
And the reason for my certain giveawaying was that if I'm nice and do giveaways, maby somebody from scl would invite me there, as I would like to join that community...so a little request in the giveaway:

I would like a scl invite :D

Well, enough storytelling already, this have become long enough already...So I'm giving away a PT account with allmost 30gb buffer and one invite on the account to:

the person with the best argument on why I just should forget about the fact that I lost all my bitme invites and in the future still continue to make giveaways risking loosing my invites on other sites.

Thx for reading trough...

ibi23
01-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Hi.
First of all i agree with you that sometimes you want to be nice and help other people...But you have to be cautious,though.
I think almost everyone of us here was having a problem similar to yours. Its a shame those kind of things happened.
But on the other hand...its a big school for you. You must have learned something from that!?
I wish you nicer moments in your torrent world and if i may i would please for PolishTracker.
Thanx and good luck

rocky1234
01-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Nothing much to say...just that trust will always be there. In real life also ppl cheat but it doesn't mean that all are cheaters. If all think ur way then blv me u would urself have never got an account..

So forget the past and help ppl out....

maddoxro
01-04-2008, 10:06 AM
welcome to the club mate,i also lost all my invites to bitme from my very first giveaway to the first member here,but i wasn't disabled,i still have my account http://forum.torrents.ro/images/insane/smilies/rule1.gif
you should continue to make giveaways,but be very carefull to who you choose to give invites,check their post history,try to find them on diferent trackers,and about ratio proofs,ask them a direct link to their profile on the trackers you have\and they say have an account ;).
This is life,from time to time you get screwed :)

PS : i don't want the PT account

pandabear
01-04-2008, 10:21 AM
No offense but account giveaways are just as frowned upon as trading. So your chances off scl, have gone right down.

Scavenger
01-04-2008, 10:29 AM
you should continue to make giveaways,but be very carefull to who you choose to give invites,check their post history,try to find them on diferent trackers,and about ratio proofs,ask them a direct link to their profile on the trackers you have\and they say have an account ;).
This is life,from time to time you get screwed :)

+1. Impossible to explain better.

I'm sorry for your lost, that happends with fast giveaways or when the person you invite isn't knowed here, or trusty.Sadly there's a lot of those people around here this days.

virtus134
01-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Sorry to hear of what happened. You tried to be nice but got screwed over. But that's no reason to stop being active here.

You should forget all about it because.. it's just a tracker. You have a Bitme account and you should be thankful that a site like that does exist. Not only that, no one's going to give an invite to eka again. Thanks for taking the bullet and losing your invites, so no one else had to.

And it shouldn't happen again if you give invites to trustworthy people. Yeah a lot of people are new and still haven't gained enough respect or reputation, but if you choose to invite them, then it's a risk you're taking. Also you can ask for direct links to profiles, speedtests, utorrent stats; since ratio proofs can be faked.

You can't judge a society (FST) based on the actions of one individual (EKA)

Enlightened
01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Is it Scl [ flower] , u are requesting the Forum or Scl.ro?

fuufen
01-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Is it Scl [ flower] , u are requesting the Forum or Scl.ro?

It was the flower I was refering to...But as pandabear said earlier my chances seems gone by giving away accounts, witch i believe isn't that wrong, why can't you give it to somebody that will use it since I'm only taking up a slot in the userbase not using it...

ZyPhErX
01-04-2008, 10:55 AM
I've been burned before. I invited some idiot to Oink who got banned within half a day. It sucks but you learn and get over it. Just be sure to check in depth to who you're dealing with especially if you value your account at the tracker.

max59x
01-04-2008, 10:55 AM
It was the flower I was refering to...But as pandabear said earlier my chances seems gone by giving away accounts, witch i believe isn't that wrong, why can't you give it to somebody that will use it since I'm only taking up a slot in the userbase not using it...

Completely in agrrement. I don't have invites yet in ScL (flower) but you look like a nice guy that deserves to be there.

Talk to people at BitMe I think they will understand and give the invites back.

Keep giving away the invites/accounts because there are lots of good people here, but there are only few people like the cheater who invited you, and if you invited good people, probably they will get invites and give them away like you once did and helped them. And the cheater... well he lost his account, you lost (but may recover) your invites, and if you don't recover them, oh well, the community here at FST is paying for his crime, not you, you still hav your account.

Btw: BitMe rules! :D

Scavenger
01-04-2008, 11:13 AM
You can talk with BitMe staff... But if u say " was for giving away an invite " I don't know what they gonna do.. first confirm if they allow the giveaway of their invites in public forums.. If they not, and you explain your problem... probably you will get banned.

Good Luck!

LoKaLiRi
01-04-2008, 11:13 AM
very bad news mate to lose ur Bitme invites bcz of one , but nice to lose the invites not to lose the whole account :)

i would like your PT account as i dont get into this tracker before and i heard it's pretty good and also it has a good staff there so mate can i get it please :) ??

if u want Ratio proofs or speedtest i'll post it here or pm u with it

thanks in advance :)

fuufen
01-04-2008, 11:44 AM
You can talk with BitMe staff... But if u say " was for giving away an invite " I don't know what they gonna do.. first confirm if they allow the giveaway of their invites in public forums.. If they not, and you explain your problem... probably you will get banned.

Good Luck!

Often when something like this happens I think it's better to be quiet and just face the facts than to talk to staff as thats often like pouring gas on the fire...

Seems like all the posts have made me realize that I should continue giving away invites in the future, as it might pay back some day...

Nemrod
01-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Server failure, please delete.

hangemhigh
01-04-2008, 12:08 PM
good story.. hope it ends well.
Why would you ask for invites back?
I wouldn't bother.

Nemrod
01-04-2008, 12:16 PM
I donīt need what you are offering and I canīt give you a Flower invite because Iīm not a member of that site. I only want to give you my personal opinion about what happened to you. I think that we all have been scammed some time, as a matter of fact joined to FST because I was "googleing" looking for help and I arrived here: I invited a guy to BitMeTV, my first invite, and in just one day he was caught cheating, my account was disabled, but rvt helped me a lot (they re-enabled my account but until whoknowswhen I have no invites), so I stood at FST, I liked the place and the people around here.
In 3 months Iīve given more than 50 invites and I received much more satisfactions than disappointments. And believe me, some of those satisfactions were truly awesome and surprising.
I really donīt like give invites for the pleasure of giving, I am responsible for those invites and if I love the site I must care about it, for that reason I usually choose to whom I give my invites, many times I see a guy asking something and I sent him/her a PM asking the info I need... I read his posts, I see how is the feed-back with other members... I believe in "hunchs", and I make myself an idea of the user... kinda profile. Until know I am very close to 100% of accuracy.
By the way, the guy that f*** me off with BitMeTv.. I knew him for almost two years.
So, my advise: keep helping and expect nothing in change, be selective, give invites and try never give your accounts, accounts that you got because somebody one day believed in you and only in you. Things will go to you soft and easy.

This site changed my mind about this sharing thing in 180š, and each day I learn something new.

briand5379
01-04-2008, 02:04 PM
I feel your pain. I had a guy get his HDB account disabled in less then 6 hours.

GoLDeN
01-04-2008, 02:21 PM
kk its so simple u lost all of ur bitme invitation because one of ur invitees was stupied , un responsible and ungrateful son of bitch and u keep making giveaways couz u want to

rovama
01-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Sorry to hear that mate. I also had some experiences like that a few times. Fortunately that didn't happened on my favorite trackers.

You just need to take your time to choose the right people when make giveaways. Or don't make giveaways but if you see someone that ask for an invite, and you feel like it's the right person, then you may invite him.

:)

zedex
01-04-2008, 03:44 PM
correct me if im wrong but u gonna give the pt acc to someone who gives you scl invite ?

i call that trading ...

jasperr
01-04-2008, 03:47 PM
And the reason for my certain giveawaying was that if I'm nice and do giveaways, maby somebody from scl would invite me there, as I would like to join that community...

thats not good reasoning for anyone to invite a person to a tracker.. :/ -2

correct me if im wrong but u gonna give the pt acc to someone who gives you scl invite ?

i call that trading ...

no, thats not correct... he is giving the PT account away... but snuck a request for scl in the end from anyone... lol

so imo it's not trading but looking quickly at it, i see where you would think that..

maddoxro
01-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Well, enough storytelling already, this have become long enough already...So I'm giving away a PT account with allmost 30gb buffer and one invite on the account to:

the person with the best argument on why I just should forget about the fact that I lost all my bitme invites and in the future still continue to make giveaways risking loosing my invites on other sites.

he is not trading now ...

zedex
01-04-2008, 03:53 PM
wouldnt you say the best argument would be to give him a scl invite ? :D

maddoxro
01-04-2008, 03:59 PM
heheh,i will not give him a scl invite :D, mainly because he is giving that PT account :yup:

jasperr
01-04-2008, 04:00 PM
well, that might do it.... but in doing so would constitute a trade... and probally both accounts would be disabled... last part is just a guess... :P

magushun
01-04-2008, 04:10 PM
the same happened to me with a really precious site

wish they die slowly in pain, luckily i havent got any retorsion cos of the cheater.

That1Guy
01-04-2008, 04:49 PM
No offense but account giveaways are just as frowned upon as trading. So your chances off scl, have gone right down.

Exactly what I thought....I felt sorry for you for a sec though....

fuufen
01-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Lets just forget that scl thing...just stuck it in there as a reson for why I did giveaways earlier...I'm not suggesting a trade, I just wanna get rid of the acc, could delete the acc but I think its better giving it away so that somebody will use it (even if that takes away my chances of getting an scl invite)

I'll close this thread tomorow, and unless something new comes up, i'm already pretty sure now whos gonna get the account...

shurato
01-04-2008, 06:02 PM
There are definitely a lot of us on FST that are worthy of invites. Sure, you might find some jerknuts on the site, but that could be said anywhere. I guess you just need to be more discerning in who you give invites, however that's no reason to stopping helping out this wonderful community.

BTW: i'm still looking for a bitme invite. :)

max59x
01-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Often when something like this happens I think it's better to be quiet and just face the facts than to talk to staff as thats often like pouring gas on the fire...

Seems like all the posts have made me realize that I should continue giving away invites in the future, as it might pay back some day...

No, no and no! Man just don't give up like that, their rules say:

If you have surplus invites, look for opportunities to use a few of them. Try some other member trackers where you participate. Look for good members who have been there a while (4-6 months or more) and who upload quality shares, post worthwhile comments, and have good share ratios (the higher the better). It's easy enough to spot good candidates once you start looking. Just explain the situation say you invited for free a person that said that needed the account and that you though that was trustfull acording to his ratios. And you have no problem, I really think the staff there is very nice. And even their foruns have that trade/giveaway/request section, soooo what are you waiting for? :lol:

I would never had a BitMe account (that I love) If a user didn't give it to me in another forum and I'm really thankfull to him now. :D

You're a good person, who invited someone who you thought was good too, the rules allow you to do that. :)

max59x
01-06-2008, 06:20 PM
I'll close this thread tomorow, and unless something new comes up, i'm already pretty sure now whos gonna get the account...

...and the person who is getting the account is... :w00t:

etrade
01-06-2008, 06:30 PM
your 100% right :>

max59x
01-07-2008, 06:29 PM

...and the person who is getting the account is... :w00t:

...is...:pinch::pinch::pinch::lol:

fuufen
01-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Sorry for the late announcement :happy:

The account vent to sheriflove (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/sheriflove-167219/), who gave nice response to this thread and to my concerns trough pm...thanks sheriflove :happy:

...new giveaway coming up...