PDA

View Full Version : Who are some of your favourite current hip-hop artists?

grimms
01-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Name some of your favourite current hip-hop artists?

Joel Ortiz
Papoose
Cormega
Vinnie Paz (Jedi Mind Tricks)

Actatoi
01-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Dilated Peoples
Az
Blu & Exile
Immortal Technique
Necro
Fugees
Wiley

grimms
01-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Dilated Peoples
Az
Blu & Exile
Immortal Technique
Necro
Fugees
Wiley

Damn i forgot Immortal Technique. Don't ask me how:D

mrbombastic
01-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Currently been listening to:
Dead Prez
Army of the Pharoahs
CunninLynguists
Talib Kweli
Mos Def
MF Doom

Evil_Monkey
01-05-2008, 03:25 AM
Anything Psychopathic:

Insane Clown Posse
diRTy woRMz
Twiztid
Tech N9ne
Esham
Soopa Villianz
Psychopathic Rydas

grimms
01-05-2008, 05:01 AM
Dead Prez
Army of the Pharoahs
CunninLynguists
Talib Kweli
Mos Def
MF Doom

Ritual of Battle was horrible. I did like "Swords Drawn" "Black Christmas" "Seven" and "Strike Back" Though. But the 5 Perfect Extertions days were better. I spoke to stoupe though, he's working on History Of Violence (New JMT w Jus Allah)

MM Food, Madvilliany, and Viktor Vaughn (First one) are ill albums by MF Doom.

mrbombastic
01-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Dead Prez
Army of the Pharoahs
CunninLynguists
Talib Kweli
Mos Def
MF Doom

Ritual of Battle was horrible. I did like "Swords Drawn" "Black Christmas" "Seven" and "Strike Back" Though. But the 5 Perfect Extertions days were better. I spoke to stoupe though, he's working on History Of Violence (New JMT w Jus Allah)

Yeh I got to say, Ritual of Battle isn't as good as torture papers. Doom is indeed a very dope MC.

grimms
01-06-2008, 05:07 AM

Yeh I got to say, Ritual of Battle isn't as good as torture papers. Doom is indeed a very dope MC.

I didn't like torture papers. Only gorillaz and Narrow Grave were ill on that one. Yea MF Doom is dope. Haven't heard much from him lately though. The game is getting wacker and wacker. Hopefully it will come around again. My goal is to help do that.

lostdemon
01-06-2008, 06:17 AM
Trae
Mr Sancho
Z-Ro
Mr Lucci
Charlie Row Campo
Califa Thugs

grimms
01-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Z-Ro is pretty nice. He's making a lot of noise around the bay area these days.

lostdemon
01-07-2008, 01:21 AM
He has like 17+ cds
Which ones have you heard?
I like the cd Let The Truth Be Told the best

lostdemon
01-07-2008, 01:21 AM
He has like 17+ cds
Which ones have you heard?
I like the cd Let The Truth Be Told the best

mbfraser
01-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Atmosphere
Blue Sky Black Death
Common
The Cool Kids
CunninLynguists
De La Soul
Jedi Mind Tricks
K-OS
Mos Def
Wyclef Jean

grimms
01-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Atmosphere
Blue Sky Black Death
Common
The Cool Kids
CunninLynguists
De La Soul
Jedi Mind Tricks
K-OS
Mos Def
Wyclef Jean

Yeah, Blue Sky Black Death are pretty tight (two producers). Liked the Hell's Ladder joint with Hell Razah (Wu Affiliate). I also like the Dirtnap Mixtape they did recently as well. Finding Forever was a great album by Common.

AOJ
01-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Eminem
Dr. Dre
Ice Cube
Snoop
The Game
Busta

grimms
01-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Eminem
Dr. Dre
Ice Cube
Snoop
The Game
Busta

I was just listening to Slim Shady in my wifes whip. Classic album.:P

mrbombastic
01-20-2008, 07:59 AM
Atmosphere
Blue Sky Black Death
Common
The Cool Kids
CunninLynguists
De La Soul
Jedi Mind Tricks
K-OS
Mos Def
Wyclef Jean

Yeah, Blue Sky Black Death are pretty tight (two producers). Liked the Hell's Ladder joint with Hell Razah (Wu Affiliate). I also like the Dirtnap Mixtape they did recently as well. Finding Forever was a great album by Common.

Renaissance Child is one dope album..I mean seriously Hell Razah is soo underrated.

mbfraser (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/mbfraser-154324) pretty good list you got there, I think you should get some Big L, Talib Kweli, Little Brother, Dead Prez, Masta Ace and Gza's and Gang Starr stuff I'm sure you will like most of that.

grimms
01-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Yes i agree. Good list mbfraser.

mrbombastic
01-20-2008, 11:21 AM
grimms go get last.fm now!

grimms
01-20-2008, 12:20 PM
I'll check it out. Last.fm has been getting crazy buzz lately.

C-mos
01-20-2008, 12:38 PM
i hate hip-hop:dabs:

grimms
01-21-2008, 03:48 AM

Then obviously this thread is not for you. Please don't spam my thread. Also pay attention to the thread topic.:dry:

mrbombastic
01-21-2008, 05:22 AM

i hate emo-rock, punk rock or whatever the hell that genre of music is called.

Man if you hate hip-hop get the hell out of here, I mean this is a thread for hip-hop fans and listeners.:angry:

Also I just got Hell Razah's new album with Blue Sky Black Death and it does not disappoint, halos, the cube, and razah's ladder are dope, heck the whole album is.:)

grimms
01-24-2008, 05:38 AM

i hate emo-rock, punk rock or whatever the hell that genre of music is called.

Man if you hate hip-hop get the hell out of here, I mean this is a thread for hip-hop fans and listeners.:angry:

Also I just got Hell Razah's new album with Blue Sky Black Death and it does not disappoint, halos, the cube, and razah's ladder are dope, heck the whole album is.:)

Now, now my friend. Temper temper. Lol..:whistling The Hell Razah's joint was alright to me. It had like 4 or 5 bangers on it. Mostly the ones you mentioned. Check out Joel Ortiz Bodega Chronicles volume 1 pure fire all day!:yup:

grimms
01-25-2008, 02:33 AM
grimms go get last.fm now!

I finally signed up at last.fm. I created an artist page and uploaded a track.

Cruel
01-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Eminem! :D

grimms
01-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Yes Slim Shady not the current Eminem.

IceTee
01-26-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm really pissed off because Hip Hop artist are getting worse by the year.
I mostly only hear old stuff now.

2pac R.I.P.
I miss you man! :(

grimms
01-27-2008, 03:47 AM

2pac R.I.P.

I agree. Listen to an artist by the name of Joel Ortiz. That dude is nice i hope to produce for him one day.

IceTee
01-27-2008, 04:30 AM

2pac R.I.P.

I agree. Listen to an artist by the name of Joel Ortiz. That dude is nice i hope to produce for him one day.

Downloading it now. ;)

You in the music business?

grimms
01-27-2008, 05:51 AM

Downloading it now. ;)

Yes and no. I was a few years back. Got an opportunity to meet jay-z and be in his studio. Also talk to a few cats out there now. But i have my own situation brewing.

IceTee
01-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Downloading it now. ;)

Yes and no. I was a few years back. Got an opportunity to meet jay-z and be in his studio. Also talk to a few cats out there now. But i have my own situation brewing.

Oh! I see...

Well, good luck to you then ;)

grimms
01-28-2008, 02:43 AM
It's a tough game on their my friend. It ain't easy. Meeting people and even working with them means squat if you don't have a budget, label support or enough talent under you. But thanks for the good luck, i'll definitely need it if i have any chance at succeeding.

lostdemon
01-28-2008, 05:45 AM
Hey Grimms do you work with any fast rappers?
I really like that qwik tingue style

IceTee
01-28-2008, 11:40 AM

I recently read a post about that and everyone was talking about this guy:
Twista.

Haven't heard him though but he's suppose to be the fastest ever ;)

ivenkii
01-28-2008, 12:15 PM
I like eminem and 50 cent....

mrbombastic
01-28-2008, 12:44 PM

Twista.

Twista is pretty fast but nothing special, get some stuff by 'bone thugs and harmony' if you like fast shit that is also lyrically dope.

lostdemon
01-28-2008, 05:08 PM
I have alot of songs and cds from these fast rappers. Twista, Bone Thugs together and solo projects, Trae, Z-Ro, Mr. Lucci, Mr Sancho, Mr Pookie, Califa Thugs, Poetic Vandals, Immortal Soldierz, U-Dawg, and others but was looking for more artist not yet famous maybe even local underground qwik tongue flippers in different cities who just released 1 or 2 cds but are worth listening to is what I am looking for.

snowultra
01-29-2008, 08:21 AM
cunninglugists

mrbombastic
01-29-2008, 12:04 PM
cunninglugists

CunninLynguists* but yeh I never get sick of these guys.

To keep this on topic, some of the guys I've been listening to lots out of my collection of hip-hop this week:
Big L
Masta Ace
The Pharcyde
Hell Razah
Murs
Necro (man can this guy spit or what)

grimms
01-29-2008, 03:37 PM

Nah. You must like tongue twista? He go by Twista now. It's cool though if they can spit it right.

Twista.

Twista is pretty fast but nothing special, get some stuff by 'bone thugs and harmony' if you like fast shit that is also lyrically dope.

Yes old Bone Thugs N Harmony (Eternal 1999) also the Family Scripture album in 1996 was dope too.

cunninglugists

To keep this on topic, some of the guys I've been listening to lots out of my collection of hip-hop this week:
Big L
Masta Ace
The Pharcyde
Hell Razah
Murs

CunninLynguists has my style of music. I make beats similar to Wu-Tang, Jedi Mind Tricks, and Kno from CunninLynguists. I have some Necro type beats too. The death rap king lol. I like Ill Bills old album from 2004. Necro can't spit but he was funny on albums like I Need Drugs and The Pre Fix To Death. Beats were sick too. Circle Of Tyrants was another good album from Psychological records as well.

mrbombastic
01-30-2008, 04:41 AM
Nah. You must like tongue twista? He go by Twista now. It's cool though if they can spit it right.

Twista.

Yes old Bone Thugs N Harmony (Eternal 1999) also the Family Scripture album in 1996 was dope too.

cunninglugists

Big L
Masta Ace
The Pharcyde
Hell Razah
Murs

CunninLynguists has my style of music. I make beats similar to Wu-Tang, Jedi Mind Tricks, and Kno from CunninLynguists. I have some Necro type beats too. The death rap king lol. I like Ill Bills old album from 2004. Necro can't spit but he was funny on albums like I Need Drugs and The Pre Fix To Death. Beats were sick too. Circle Of Tyrants was another good album from Psychological records as well.

Actually I don't really like necro lol, I only find the song 'World Gone Mad' other than that, the whole death rap thing ain't for me.

rxxp
02-01-2008, 02:03 PM
zzzzz

etrade
02-01-2008, 04:53 PM
G-unit :) rocks

Definite
02-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Pharoahe Monch, Aesop Rock, The Roots, Oldschool Wu-Tang, Jay-Z, a little Kanye...