PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me..

Smith
01-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Dodge, Jeep And Chrysler have really gone down the drain? Not only are they the ugliest cars on the market, but they are totally impractical and poorly designed?

I was at the Dealership the other day and I was really surprised when the only thing worth even SITTING in was the 1500 truck.

Mr JP Fugley
01-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Dodge, Jeep And Chrysler have really gone down the drain? Not only are they the ugliest cars on the market, but they are totally impractical and poorly designed?

I was at the Dealership the other day and I was really surprised when the only thing worth even SITTING in was the 1500 truck.

No, you're right. They're shite.

angryghost
01-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Yea i agree, they really plummeted. Dodge isn't as bad, they still have a relatively decent line, but Chrysler and Jeep have really just bombed. The Japanese cars have taken over with cheaper productions lower costs and decent quality the American brands are still somewhat behind in their development. Plus you have the BMW, Merc's all the German luxury brands spreading their target market, and lowering prices Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler really have no competition against them.

tesco
01-04-2008, 10:57 PM
IMO chevy, jeep, chrysler, dodge, ford, basically all the american companies, have the worst looking cars.
I'll agree chrysler is probably the worst.

Evil9
01-04-2008, 11:16 PM
+1 Just look at the SRT-4 NEON, what a pile of crap that thing is, and then what replaced it was even worse.......A Nitro? what a joke. I still like Jeeps, but most all chrysler cars are garbage they are selling now.

.:Him:.
01-04-2008, 11:33 PM
In my opinion, American made cars have always been horrible, but now they are getting progressively worse, and everyone is starting to notice.

Mr JP Fugley
01-05-2008, 12:16 AM
In my opinion, American made cars have always been horrible, but now they are getting progressively worse, and everyone is starting to notice.

Yeah, because no-one noticed before.

Smith
01-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Ill have to disagree about Chevy, I think there Colbalt (with the sports package), and the Avalanche look really nice, especally the new Avalanche.

Pontiac also makes some nice cars, like the G series. What I really like these days are the Subaru and the Nissan cars, especially the Maxima and the Legacy.

bornwithnoname
01-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Dodge is probably the best of the lot

Mr JP Fugley
01-05-2008, 01:08 AM
Dodge is probably the best of the lot

Which one.

Raja
01-05-2008, 07:01 AM
American cars are getting better slowly in comparison to what they were making earlier but most of them are still terrible

- most of them are gas guzzlers making them impractical for work
- with the exception of a few they arent very fast either
- donest look too great with the exception of lincon town cars, mustang and a few others

blaznazn
01-05-2008, 07:23 AM
You can tell alot about the car with their resell value. American cars are worth crap after a couple of years. Their fit and finish is cheap, from the leather to their dashboard material, and all the way down to the carpet. I've only owned one american car in my life and boy was I glad I sold it. Toyota has just overtaken Ford as the #2 carmaker in America. The only reason GM has not lost its top ranking is because they offer huge incentives to American businesses that buys their cars in bulk for Fleets such as cop cars, UPS, FexEX, etc.....

FatBob
01-05-2008, 08:12 AM
jap cars ftw

+

nissan skyline ftw

:D

Ac3Dunk
01-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I prefer german carmakers even if they are over hyped the price but they r more robust than Japanese.

Mr JP Fugley
01-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I prefer german carmakers even if they are over hyped the price but they r more robust than Japanese.

What do you base this on.

clocker
01-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Dodge, Jeep And Chrysler have really gone down the drain?
I always thought they were crap to begin with- especially Jeep- so their trip "down the drain" was a short one indeed.

American carmakers, saddled as they are with crippling health plans and pension funds, just don't have the wherewithal to invest in R&D, so instead they just recycle old technology and designs.

I always chuckle when I see ads for new cars and the features they tout are MS Sync and the sound systems.
Like incorporating Microsoft into a car is a good thing.

Pshaw.

100%
01-05-2008, 07:45 PM
This is the car i want http://www.aptera.com/

http://oneworldnews.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/aptera1.jpg

http://blog.iso50.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/aptera2.jpg

http://wiredvision.jp/news/gadgets/aptera2.jpg

dnero73
01-05-2008, 08:26 PM
have to agree was only cars that are americans that will always be my favorite are american muscle cars .But nowadays much more practical to drive a japanese car or a european car

Mr JP Fugley
01-05-2008, 08:33 PM
American muscle cars are fine, fun if you're into that sort of thing, if you just accept that they are what they are.

Big, heavy, technically inferior, inefficient fuckmonsters. However they don't claim to be anything other than that.

Smith
01-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Has anyone sat in the Avenger?

What a horrible piece of shit. Not only does it feel like your sitting in a fucking tank, but the pillars are so big you have to lean over just to see out the tiny fucking windshield.

tesco
01-06-2008, 09:07 PM
http://www.autocult.com.au/img/gallery/full/DetroitAuto296.jpg

Such a cheap looking interior. :/

Hairbautt
01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Looks plastic. Likea buncha LEGO blocks.

weenden
01-06-2008, 11:09 PM
looks better than my ride ...mine has about a quarter inch of dust on the dash dooooh!

C-mos
01-06-2008, 11:26 PM
dodge viper :D:D

blaznazn
01-11-2008, 08:05 AM
German cars are okay, if you are willing to fork out $1200 dollars just for the front brakes. Oh did I mention that my 4 tires will cost me 1k to replace. FOck that....I refuse to be pwned by BMW.

Biggles
01-11-2008, 11:33 AM
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/1957-corvette-7.jpg

Always thought these were rather pretty.

The new Dodge thing looks like a brick and is about as attractive as one. US cars are cheap though so I suppose you can't have everything.

Smith
01-11-2008, 12:05 PM
I was looking at picking up a Cobalt SS later on this year though. Thats a nice looking car, and its fast too.