PDA

View Full Version : scc: what do you guys think

teamlam
01-05-2008, 04:36 AM
what do you guys think about the tracker scc?

Adama
01-05-2008, 04:38 AM
Great tracker , fast pretime , good content
one of my favorite trackers

t0mmy
01-05-2008, 04:38 AM
its a nice tracker, good content and the permanent freeleech on appz/music is always a bonux

Adam1990
01-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Best tracker available for new people. But it doesn't stack up to ScT or FTN, and their staff isn't very nice.

fisz
01-05-2008, 04:43 AM
good tracker one of the best... but since they've baned active users coz they were from Poland or Israel it seems that their staff is unprofessional and have no respect for users.

Zaxx
01-05-2008, 04:45 AM
Great tracker, great pretimes and as mentioned freeleech on Appz/MP3...beware peeps with slow connections, tis a fast one..not the easiest to keep up with. Now that they're expanding their user base means more leechers, should make it a bit better.

fatcat69
01-05-2008, 04:47 AM
Best tracker available for new people. But it doesn't stack up to ScT or FTN, and their staff isn't very nice.

the staff suck big time, if you have a problem and ask they just yell at you or go racist....

they are the only staff members i have seen to be kicked off of FST, so that says something.:lol:

grimms
01-05-2008, 04:49 AM

Nope. I prefer my S*T thank you.;)

pandabear
01-05-2008, 04:53 AM
Between me and a friend who are on most torrent sites, we both agreed in terms of pre/speed/content SCC is up there with FTN and SCT, maybe even better than FTN. Also lol at bitching at staff. They are all fine.

fatcat69
01-05-2008, 04:56 AM
Between me and a friend who are on most torrent sites, we both agreed in terms of pre/speed/content SCC is up there with FTN and SCT, maybe even better than FTN.
Ya it is, but pre times arent everything. The community doesnt exist, irc is dead, forums are lifeless with a post every other day. staff sucks and are racist as can be...just search the forums here for proof the sysop was kicked off of fst for it!

Dark Archon
01-05-2008, 04:56 AM
its awesome, as good as any lvl 4s

pandabear
01-05-2008, 05:03 AM
Between me and a friend who are on most torrent sites, we both agreed in terms of pre/speed/content SCC is up there with FTN and SCT, maybe even better than FTN.
Ya it is, but pre times arent everything. The community doesnt exist, irc is dead, forums are lifeless with a post every other day. staff sucks and are racist as can be...just search the forums here for proof the sysop was kicked off of fst for it!

You should judge a torrent site on its torrenting :/ Also ftn's community is overrated, so the only thing imo that seperates two sites, is ftn has no ratio. Also the sysop left i think, because fst refused to further censor/ prevent mentioning scc in public. And because they felt the need to ban people breaking rules who were doing giveaways which clashes with the CR rules. In short SCC is a great torrent site :D I would use it more, but a 0* download multiplier is too tempting to abandon :P

fatcat69
01-05-2008, 05:05 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-scc-doesnt-like-polish-users-253284

I rest my case your honor.

http://uk.gizmodo.com/judge.jpg

teamlam
01-05-2008, 05:07 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-scc-doesnt-like-polish-users-253284

wow...hahaha

pandabear
01-05-2008, 05:11 AM

Fair enough, get an out of context bit, with 1 instance of racism, of one staff member, and assume all the staff are racist.

teamlam
01-05-2008, 05:14 AM
i agree...it can be said that their community isnt' as good as ftn or sct..but based on torrent wise...they are up there

fatcat69
01-05-2008, 05:25 AM
there are plenty more examples, a close friend had a 400gb buffer and was banned because he was talking in the irc and disagreed about something irrelvant to torrenting that was being discussed and the sysop just wanted to flex his arm and banned him bc he didnt agree with him...

although some people laughed alot of people just were like "umm was that necessary" hence why their irc and forums are dead bc people are affriad to speak their minds bc the staff there loves to kick people for anything

I dont disagree with the torrents there, i just dont agree with the methods the staff is known for

and show me how that clip can be in text? if that isnt racism i dont know what is. lol

if you read through that thread youll see more examples posted like such:

" last week i saw someone getting a warning for "stupidity" in the scc forum. the guy dared to ask a question about hit and run that was answered already on the page. they warn users for asking questions, which is a wrong attitude in my oppinion."

silvertec
01-05-2008, 05:26 AM
Yeah but a torrent site is a lot of things its a package
torrents
forums
irc
Radio
and what ever they offer
Their package sux

grimms
01-05-2008, 05:34 AM

You should judge a torrent site on its torrenting :/ Also ftn's community is overrated, so the only thing imo that seperates two sites, is ftn has no ratio. Also the sysop left i think, because fst refused to further censor/ prevent mentioning scc in public. And because they felt the need to ban people breaking rules who were doing giveaways which clashes with the CR rules. In short SCC is a great torrent site :D I would use it more, but a 0* download multiplier is too tempting to abandon :P

I here that 0* beats everything else. All you have to do is seed too! Thats easy and great to the community. Cause file sharing is caring.:P

pandabear
01-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Well it may be a package to you, but too alot its just a place to download the latest tv shows and movies. And on that basis SCC rules. :D also you would think all you had to do is seed was pretty simple, but people still somehow pick up hit and runs :/

arkiebrian
01-05-2008, 06:16 AM
My membership there was just disabled...I have no idea why but probably due to inactivity. I'm not too upset about it.

SIMRACK
01-05-2008, 06:31 AM
Between me and a friend who are on most torrent sites, we both agreed in terms of pre/speed/content SCC is up there with FTN and SCT, maybe even better than FTN. Also lol at bitching at staff. They are all fine.

in what way do u think scc is better than ftn..pre-times r better only for xvid's and tv shows ..for scene dvd-r's some of them r not even uploaded there..for content i dont see any gr8 packs there at scc .. and speed ,scc uploads at 10mbit while ftn pipes reach 100mbit..and no activ forums or irc at scc
staff r rude enuff:frusty:

Stevis
01-05-2008, 06:36 AM
I have a question. I'm not a member, but why is it SCC? Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be SAC or SAX or something like that?

eLucid
01-05-2008, 06:44 AM
and speed ,scc uploads at 10mbit while ftn pipes reach 100mbit

That's not true at all. I see people getting 100mbit on scc all the time.

pandabear
01-05-2008, 06:57 AM
And i see people on ftn, not hitting the same as on scc in early seeds. Esp with the whole no ratio, i am sure people aren't seeding with their seedboxes as heavily anymore, so your not hitting high speeds as early. Also tvs and xvids are where its at on 0day.

r77
01-05-2008, 07:09 AM
yes i always wonder why scc staff are so rude and unfriendly

lukee
01-05-2008, 07:17 AM
yes i always wonder why scc staff are so rude and unfriendly

their actualy really cool people, they just have very strict rules in the forums. i have to agree some of them are rude at times. the site itself is amazing. pretimes are 5 minutes or less, speed is amazing.

Zaxx
01-05-2008, 07:18 AM
I guess it makes a difference to you seedboxers...both max my connection out at ~2.2Mb almost every time.
So speed wise, no difference for me.:rolleyes:

silvertec
01-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Well it may be a package to you, but too alot its just a place to download the latest tv shows and movies. And on that basis SCC rules. :D also you would think all you had to do is seed was pretty simple, but people still somehow pick up hit and runs :/

If i just wanted torrents then I just ftp
But I want a site that has it all:yup:

unrealsg
01-05-2008, 07:27 AM
SCC is the best tracker I have as a beginner like me.
Fast pretime, I'm always in the pre channel waiting for new releases, the stuffs pop out in there, will show up in the announce channel not most, but 70% of the time within the next 30mins.

As for the content, I will say it has most what other trackers have, like new movies/tv shows. Theres only a few packs in there, which is the downside/cons of the site. It also have a free leech section dedicated to 0day stuffs and mp3. I must give this a thumbs up and my toes too :D The albums are the lastest, but no radio shows :(

Speed... Pretty decent speed for me, average 800kbps for me since I have only a 10mbit line. As for what SIMRACK and eLucid said, it's accurate for my case :D

SCC has a bad community, be it forum or irc, bad :( The forum is somehow like a help channel, decent topics :) On irc, all I could do was looking at the prebot :D

This what I feels about SCC.
Small advice for beginners new to SCC, either be the first few seeds/have a seedbox, otherwise the chances of getting back the ratio is near to 0%.

Cheffy
01-05-2008, 07:51 AM
SCC is an amassing tracker when it comes to pre times and releases.
I would give its 0-day content a 8 out of 10
And total 7-10 for their content. Their packs sucks, they had a little wile were they made some good packs but then they just stopped. And the packs you found there at x-mas was not really good. Just packs you could grab form just about any other tracker.
Some more packs that the actually make them self, not just got form another site would be awesome.
Forums are horrible, seems like no one is using them. Was at their irc in the beginning it showed promise. But then everyone started acting like asses and almost all dissuasions ended up in a pissing contest.

If you are only after fast 0-day torrents. This is an awesome spot to get them, but if you like to browse forums as chat a bit there are better homes.
But the upladers there doing and superb job.:yup:

pandabear
01-05-2008, 08:03 AM

Well you are the minority, most people just rss etc, and most don't have axx to ftp.

fatcat69
01-05-2008, 08:05 AM

Well you are the minority, most people just rss etc, and most don't have axx to ftp.

if users like silvertec were just a minority then this site wouldnt exist lol

and you wouldnt have as many posts as you do.

If you want to download stuff, use newsgroups...its safe, its 10x faster then torrents

if you want community then you use torrents, because maintaining a ratio means you are giving back to the community...newsgroups dont require that and have way faster speeds and far more files

Grind$oFine
01-05-2008, 08:10 AM
The speed is nice, but the torrents die quickly and it's hard to seed.
In fact, I'd say it's the most difficult site to keep a good ratio on.
They do have freeleech music/apps to help you build up your ratio, but I don't like downloading things I don't want to keep my ratio up.
Also, I don't see as much of the content I see on other sites, no packs, sometimes they get things a lot later than other sites.
Plus, although their layout is nice, they talked about a redesign months ago, even had a contest, and I saw good entries, yet the site is still the same.

Overall, I was disappointed because I hoped for good things when I signed up when they were lesser known. But, off the top of my head I can think of 9 other 0-days that are a lot better.

Sylar666
01-05-2008, 08:39 AM
One of my favorite. Very nice pretime, good content, amazing speed. Very lively, friendly Forum. But I guess those were already told here. SCC is a the tracker to beat in 2008!

pandabear
01-05-2008, 08:51 AM

if users like silvertec were just a minority then this site wouldnt exist lol

and you wouldnt have as many posts as you do.

Look at any sites userbases, and compare with users active on forum/irc. Furthermore, check out the login times of some users. A true sentiment to number of users who rss, is during ddos period, where you got a large number of users putting there first vists to forum/irc just to find out about the rss.

zizo85
01-05-2008, 09:06 AM
its very nice tracker with great content and pre time

yayyyyyy
01-05-2008, 10:01 AM
pros
- very good speeds
- very very good pretimes on the rls they up

cons
- they miss many rls
- many staff members are very unfriendly and feel too much "superior" (do not ever try to discuss with a staffer on irc... they have the longer penises... live with that!)
- too much fast pre on a tracker very simple to get into... security is not their main objective
- they have way less peers compared to others tracker like ScT... even when there was similar userlimits... so way less activity on the torrents and harder to seedback just a few hours after a rls

take care posting in the forums or being active in the community... the less you partecipate less possibilities to be warned/disabled you have..

so in the end: it's a good site... signup, setup an rss on mp3/0day... and forget about it ;)

Pazzini
01-05-2008, 10:33 AM
SCC is not a great tracker to have IMO, which is why I asked for my account to be deleted.

If you are after Packs or DVDr then forget it!! SCC is mainly an xvid tracker.
If you like your apps, Xvids, and scene release music then you'll be happy!

The content they do have are fast in pre-times and speed, but as above (yayyyyyy's post), they miss a lot of releases and lack in several areas!

You can not compare SCC to S*T, S*T are in a league of there own!

FACE_TO_FACE
01-05-2008, 11:42 AM
SCC its a 0day tracker. Fast, good looking. I like it.

fOrUmAs
01-05-2008, 11:43 AM
what i think abouth scc,well i dont think much :D i can also say one of the fastest tracker with one of the fastest pretime i and one of my favorit trackers on net..

0day/MP3 rocksss :D

Nemrod
01-05-2008, 11:48 AM
In my opinion, SCC is the closest thing to SCT you can find.
If you use trackers just for downloading and donīt care about community, SCC is one of the best... the releases are often posted before than in any other site, amazing speeds and a wide variety of downloads.
I think is unfairly underrated.

Sanka113
01-05-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't believe you guys, that SCC is any good. Looks like i'll need to investigate this myself. (wink, wink ;) )

Pazzini
01-05-2008, 12:43 PM
I don't believe you guys, that SCC is any good. Looks like i'll need to investigate this myself. (wink, wink ;) )

If you like your Xvid and scene music releases then you will love it.

SCC is just not for me!

DyNast
01-05-2008, 12:57 PM
SCC is pretty good...
Seeding might not be that easy (lots of seeders with high speed connections in front of a much lower amount of leechers), but it has good pretimes (although I don't really give a damn about pretimes, I don't care waiting a little more :P) and very nice speeds and content (packs)... community is OK, and the underline is that it's a great tracker :)

slimdogp
01-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Wow, I was keeping track of all the false things said about the site, in order to refute them but I lost count about 30 posts ago :(

I think the IRC is active and fun to hang out on, forums are fine, staff is fine, speed is great, etc. I would encourage everyone to draw their own conclusions about a site.

That being said, SCC does have its good points and its bad, so go check it out yourself instead of listening to all the spammers on here.

mss74
01-05-2008, 01:32 PM
I think SCC is a great site, used it loads during the freeleech period and built up a nice buffer.

Cruel
01-05-2008, 01:33 PM
It's really good pres which I love :)

Allexandar
01-05-2008, 02:18 PM
In my opinion, SCC is the closest thing to SCT you can find.
If you use trackers just for downloading and donīt care about community, SCC is one of the best... the releases are often posted before than in any other site, amazing speeds and a wide variety of downloads.
I think is unfairly underrated.
+1 :yup:
Damn with levels- download,seed and enjoy! :lol:

hijump
01-05-2008, 02:22 PM
.. scc is a good tracker .. has good pre, content ..

fOrUmAs
01-05-2008, 02:27 PM
.. scc is a good tracker .. has good pre, content ..but not so good staff

that is what i have forget to say in my previous post,as much site is good(great) they also have as much bad staff members that is big minus for them

unrealsg
01-05-2008, 02:37 PM
I didn't really have any chat or whatever with the staffs, just only asked them to add me into the pre channel :D
Maybe I should find one day and "play" with them :P

BOOM
01-05-2008, 02:43 PM
thats my favorite tracker!!
very fast pre-tmes..:D

ScreaminJay
01-05-2008, 02:52 PM
SCC and ScT, on my connection, are even. They both are very fast anyway.

0Ri0N
01-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Great 0DAY tracker indeed, packs are missing though. I would say that after TL, ScT, FTN and PT, SCC comes next.

styles
01-05-2008, 03:48 PM
IMO:ScC is a great Oday tracker(I am not in ScT FTN or TL,I won't say anything about these)as ppls said above:There pre-times is really fast(Even I don't care much),and there speed is amazing,Always full for me.I like there movie-packes,maybe it can't compare with others.But I do respect them.

STEViEAR
01-05-2008, 03:58 PM

in what way do u think scc is better than ftn..pre-times r better only for xvid's and tv shows ..for scene dvd-r's some of them r not even uploaded there..for content i dont see any gr8 packs there at scc .. and speed ,scc uploads at 10mbit while ftn pipes reach 100mbit..and no activ forums or irc at scc
staff r rude enuff:frusty:

LMAO what BS. Movie xvids are usualy uploaded 2min< tv shows 1min< and dvdr's, yeah most dont get uploaded but when they do pre time is around 5min. Mp3/0day pre time is like 30sec.
"scc upoads at 10mbit" hahahaha thats funny are you even a member there do have a server because i get maxed out on every download on my dedicated server which is 12.2MB/s. Some if not most uploaders have more than 100mbit from what i have seen just check out the peer list on a torrent their and you will see everyone gets max download speed.
For me this is the best tracker and the staff are also nice. I've had no problems with them and they have helped me a few times.

dineshreddy
01-05-2008, 03:58 PM
it's good fast tracker

SaviouR
01-05-2008, 07:07 PM
permanent freeleech on apps and mp3's rock . also they have darn good speeds as well even with very less peers . and of course the pre's are quick .

Cabalo
01-05-2008, 07:26 PM
i got there recently, and i must admit it's kinda hard to seed if you miss a release in the first hour or so.
speeds and pretimes are great, content is mainly xvid stuff, layout is nice and simple, and i think if they can keep it up like this they can reach a top position amongst top trackers, because from all torrent sites i lately joined, this is the most underrated.
I was extremely impressed at it, and i've been around in some great trackers.

maybe a bigger community will make it easier to seed and improve contents (i.e. there's no point in having wii releases if there isn't a small community there that wants it). but then again, it's up to them to see where they want to take the tracker to.

IMO they are in the right direction.

SAM
01-05-2008, 08:18 PM
a great tracker i loved it very nice speeds great content and its pretime is awesome
one of the best :)

apunpktun
01-05-2008, 08:22 PM
good tracker.... fast pre-times but difficult to seed even with my seedbox...

Adman65
01-05-2008, 11:07 PM
more leechers needed. Great tracker though. I love it :)

jr56
01-05-2008, 11:57 PM
SCC is great, second to none pretimes on TV and Xvid movies, blazing speeds and good selection, 8.5/10 imo.

If they improve their games/XXX section and add more good packs they'll be at the top in terms of content :yup:

Cabalo
01-06-2008, 01:25 AM
SCC is great, second to none pretimes on TV and Xvid movies, blazing speeds and good selection, 8.5/10 imo.

If they improve their games/XXX section and add more good packs they'll be at the top in terms of content :yup:
well, xxx is not a top priority for me there, but games surely would be, especially the PC and X360.
well, maybe someone could start off with a couple of x360 releases and see how the leechers react, and maybe it can grow in that manner.

bigdaddykane
01-06-2008, 07:21 AM
i like it pretty good at o day stuff and good download speeds.

grimms
01-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Decent when you need something, still much better trackers out there.

ecin
01-06-2008, 10:31 AM

well, xxx is not a top priority for me there, but games surely would be, especially the PC and X360.
well, maybe someone could start off with a couple of x360 releases and see how the leechers react, and maybe it can grow in that manner.

Speed 10/10, content 8/10 here too. Agree, content could be a bit better, but it's improving.
However, I wouldn't give any general tracker with less than 20,000torrents more than 8/10. Seeing OiNK had 250,000 quality torrents (~90%), I dunno how I could give a 10,000 (or less) torrents tracker a 9/10 content while the scale only reaches 10 :ermm:

About XXX, tbh I prefer private trackers without adult content. Poeple in the need of that should use adult trackers. :blink: