PDA

View Full Version : Can You Be Caught For Downloading Music?

TheMan1891
07-27-2003, 04:33 AM
Can you be caught for downloading music? I know that it is possible to catch downloaders, but is it happening or likely to happen in the future?

I have a library of over 2500 songs, movies, games, and stuff like that that I used to share. I shared gig after gig after gig of stuff but have since stopped sharing files. I still download, so I've joined the freeloading group of users. I would still continue to upload, but I live with my parents and if I get caught, they would be help responsible for my actions. I CAN'T let that happen. However hopefully I shared more than I would ever download in the future. I am just wondering what the risks are concerning downloading only if there are any.

mikehunt
07-27-2003, 08:48 AM
stay calm theres safety in numbers

Adster
07-27-2003, 09:05 AM
They don't care about the downloading only the uploading ;)

but don't ecome a f*cking leech

RealitY
07-27-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by TheMan1891@27 July 2003 - 05:33
I still download, so I've joined the freeloading group of users. I would still continue to upload, but I live with my parents and if I get caught, they would be help responsible for my actions. I CAN'T let that happen. However hopefully I shared more than I would ever download in the future. I am just wondering what the risks are concerning downloading only if there are any.
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

balamm
07-27-2003, 10:17 AM
You might want to reread the forum rules. They have been updated to deal with this kind of post.

6. Advertising, soliciting, posting or promoting the use of a product, program or service for the sole purpose of commercial gain or that encourages leeching within this board without the consent of the administrators is prohibited. Remember the forum is a community about sharing.