PDA

View Full Version : Ive Been Downloading Fake Files As Of Late.

IamCool
07-27-2003, 05:46 AM
ive downloaded a couple of avril songs, one evanscence song and the new alien ant farm song. All of them were fakes!the songs would play for about 10 seconds, then this screching noise takes over. Could this be the RIAA?

MxPx182
07-27-2003, 05:49 AM
That Happened To Me.
I hav eno idea why
i downloaded about 50 songs they were all Like you explained.
kinda sucked..
thats when i decided to use soulseek for songs instead :)

IamCool
07-27-2003, 06:24 AM
hmm, good idea

Adster
07-27-2003, 08:43 AM
just use soulseek

and its the the RIAA I don't care what people say one person rips a bad copy then it spreads like hell and dumbass people don't know how to delete it.

The thing is your looking for say something new there is 54 users who have that file which is a f*cked up mp3. Then the real copy for some reason is very hard to find source for. it just ammuses me about this that people are too dumb not to use the preview tool. I lsiten halfway through a mp3 and if its f*cked up out comes the cancel button. I don't even finish downloading it I jsut don't understand why other people don't do that. Or if I have the whole thing downloading and it is f*cked up out comes the delete button.

At least with soulseek que an album go to bed you know that wehn you wake up you will have a nice new album 192 bit quality that is perfect.

unlike kazaa having to preview every single damm song and babysit it having to worry

p2pmaster
07-27-2003, 12:28 PM
yup happened to me as well :(

Darkshade
07-30-2003, 11:41 PM
Bad music files have increased like 500% in the last few months. Coincidence? I wouldn't think so. You can bet that the RIAA or some related organization is behind this.

mogadishu
07-31-2003, 04:17 AM
Yes, its no conspiracy, they admit that they are doing it.

Adster
07-31-2003, 04:19 AM
Bad music files have increased like 500% in the last few months. Coincidence? I wouldn't think so. You can bet that the RIAA or some related organization is behind this.

Thats are Bulshit RIAA roumor mith

mogadishu
07-31-2003, 04:22 AM
no, how could it be a rumor? it would have to be one hell of a coincidance..

EDIT: My god Ad, you are one drunk mofuka.

Arm
07-31-2003, 04:35 AM
Just don't listen to mainstream music. Instead of Evanescence, listen to Lacuna Coil. And instead of Avril Lavigne listen to :blink: Uh, something not new and mainstream. B)

Ass2iN
07-31-2003, 06:03 AM
yea same here. I tried downloading Bad Boys II SoundTrack and none of them worked played for 5 secs then made some loud ass noise. I just went out in bought the album *incase* it was the RIAA or something :P
*shudders* First album in years

mogadishu
07-31-2003, 06:38 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh dont do that.. thats giving in!!!!

especially not the soundtrack to a movie like that.

try out Soulseek. (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=45353)

Renegade720
07-31-2003, 09:29 AM
*sigh* the RIAA, funny...they'll be so broke the next time they look for money from us it'll be in a paper cup outside on the streets they used to work on...

"fate is not without a sense of irony"

DarkBlizzard
07-31-2003, 09:37 AM
It seems like it's about time for a new p2p network that u gotta get a password or something first from someone then u can get on. Sorta like soulseek but more private.... that'd be good....i know there are some though, but not to popular.

Teif
07-31-2003, 03:32 PM
Sorry, noob question:
What is the riaa anyway? And why is it so ironic if they end up poor?

Teif
07-31-2003, 03:33 PM
Sorry, noob question:
What is the riaa anyway? And why is it so ironic if they end up poor?

[oops,told you i was a noob]

IamCool
07-31-2003, 06:40 PM
Recording industry Association of america?

sam71
07-31-2003, 07:50 PM
thought it is very entertaining to chat with ya, i don't use kazaa anymore as of 7/30/03 :(

MadDog-2000
07-31-2003, 08:07 PM
I never downloaded a rigged mp3 or messed up music file before. All you need is a little common sense and look through the file's meta tags. I downloaded the whole Bad Boys II album (192 bit) a few days before it was even relased. Same with the Evanesance and Avril Lavigne album.

BitTorrent is excellent for full CDs and albums and there are no fakes at all! Kazaa is getting slammed with all that crap now, you better start looking for alternatives.

SuprNova.org, the BitTorrent alternative! (http://www.suprnova.org)

Same with Napster, as soon as they blocked downloads of copyrighted music people started looking for an alternative and they found Morpheus (the old and now dead version). And after Morpheus it was Kazaa but the question now is, what will be next?

Meerupps
07-31-2003, 09:57 PM
:D

Yes, There sure are a lot of fakes out there.

Downloading lately has been a big waste of time.

And the funny thing is, I download game documents, game add-ons, etc.

All Legal Stuff, and STILL there are some Jokers putting fake stuff on those!

I turned off File sharing until something is done about this, I feel I am sharing for NOTHING. It really stinks. Once I start seeing real files come through, I will turn sharing back on.

I hope it gets worked out...

MxPx182
08-01-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Hogster@27 July 2003 - 18:43
it just ammuses me about this that people are too dumb not to use the preview tool. I lsiten halfway through a mp3 and if its f*cked up out comes the cancel button.
when u download a song in about 1 minute
theres no point previewing it.
and when u line up 50 songs walk away. come back. thinking there all good
then its a CUNT.

mj5444
08-01-2003, 06:12 PM
THEY DID IT TO ON OF TUPACS SONG GOD DAMNIT!!!! ITS ON NOW!!!

IamCool
08-02-2003, 03:18 AM
HA Just downloaded Price to Play by staind. Not a fake. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D