PDA

View Full Version : Bittorent In K-lite

Assultsniper
07-27-2003, 09:28 AM
If you added BitTorrent to Kazzaa there would be heck allot more users!

Makaveli-tha-don
07-27-2003, 09:51 AM
is that a Tip and if its not then what the heck is it doing in TIPs and if it is a tip, would u mind telling us how would that work!!!!!!!!!!

Amarjit
07-27-2003, 11:20 AM
It's impossible without the source code for KaZaA, it's not worth it anyway, KaZaA is the ugliest P2P program around, just use BitTorrent or the clones or Shareaza.

Illuminati
07-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Assultsniper@27 July 2003 - 10:28
If you added BitTorrent to Kazzaa there would be heck allot more users!
Why stop there? Why not add eMule and a few other networks in there as well.

Oh wait - That&#39;s Shareaza <_<

Jonne
07-28-2003, 12:38 AM
lol. Too bad fasttrack isn&#39;t included in shareaza, it would be like a swiss army p2p program :rolleyes:

edit: before someone else says, i know it won&#39;t happen in the near future(or ever)...

Illuminati
07-28-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Jonne@28 July 2003 - 01:38
lol. Too bad fasttrack isn&#39;t included in shareaza, it would be like a swiss army p2p program :rolleyes:

edit: before someone else says, i know it won&#39;t happen in the near future(or ever)...
:huh:

FastTrack is supported by Shareaza. FastTrack is the network that Kazaa Lite uses - It&#39;s also one of the networks that Shareaza uses.

toddiscool
07-28-2003, 05:55 AM
Sorry I was too lazy to find more offical notes on this but based on this picture i do not think that this is true. Sharaza does not connect to the Fastrack network.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~tgriffin2/dont%20think%20so.gif

Sorry If I am wrong but I thought that it only connected to Gnutella and edonkey.

Oh well I did i search and here is a quote from the Sharaza forum

I agree that more networks should be added, however napster and some other messed up networks should not be added.

For example support for Kazaa&#39;s network should not be added. However support for freenet&#39;s network should be added.

This was not a mod or anything but He was a senior member, I think a member of this board aswell, the guy with the burns avitar. (sorry can&#39;t remember name, and closed website.)

Edit: looked up two post and there it was - Amarjit i beleive is the quoted.

Illuminati
07-28-2003, 07:47 AM
Damn - My apologies. I take notes from Shareaza users on the program, and the fact that a lot spouted on about Shareaza over KL made it seem that it could connect to FastTrack.

Heh - Guess that&#39;s a weakness for Shareaza ;)

toddiscool
07-29-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Illuminati@28 July 2003 - 08:47
Damn - My apologies. I take notes from Shareaza users on the program, and the fact that a lot spouted on about Shareaza over KL made it seem that it could connect to FastTrack.

Heh - Guess that&#39;s a weakness for Shareaza ;)
Well the general sensus on that forum was that it was not a weakness. I do not agree though, I mean yeah there is some bullshit, but that is alot of users. Whatever though.

Amarjit
07-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Shareaza uses the eDonkey2000, Gnutella1 and Gnutella2 networks.