PDA

View Full Version : Demonoid R.I.P.

xxzzxx
01-06-2008, 09:49 PM
If any1 think i am too reckless with my adjudication, he is invited to
refute it.

singing_sol
01-06-2008, 11:17 PM
see u cant say that demo is dead rather the tracker is still active and the site is only down for now but the subdemon forum has a lot of demo members

whitmar
01-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Have you seen this? http://markup-master.blogspot.com/2008/01/demonoid-coming-back-soon.html
Hopefully we'll hear some good news soon. I sure miss it.

singing_sol
01-06-2008, 11:32 PM
thanks for that

$we
01-06-2008, 11:36 PM
I can't understand why any one would seed on a public tracker.

whitmar
01-06-2008, 11:41 PM
You're welcome, sol. I've been doing so much positive thinking, I've got a hard drive full of Demonoid downloads to start seeding as soon as it's back again. The notion that it might not return is inconceivable!

$we
01-06-2008, 11:42 PM

whitmar
01-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Who said anything about a public tracker?

singing_sol
01-06-2008, 11:46 PM
damn them who said that but we hail from the demo

markupmaster
01-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Guys,That was just a rumor that I heard...

whitmar
01-06-2008, 11:49 PM
I hope it's well-founded in truth.

IceTee
01-06-2008, 11:52 PM

If you can't see why then shame on you.
p2p is about sharing... if everybody would seed back to 1:1 or at least seed a few days there torrenting would be a much better place and Public trackers would probably become something like emule but with great speeds.

I find myself downloading rare stuff alot from Public trackers and I always seed back to 1:1 (or at least leave it seeding for a week)

singing_sol
01-06-2008, 11:52 PM
may be or else i wouldn't be happy with that

p2p is about sharing... if everybody would seed back to 1:1 or at least seed a few days there torrenting would be a much better place and Public trackers would probably become something like emule but with great speeds.

I find myself downloading rare stuff alot from Public trackers and I always seed back to 1:1 (or at least leave it seeding for a week)

yeah thats completely true but how could we make them do that

IceTee
01-07-2008, 12:04 AM
may be or else i wouldn't be happy with that

yeah thats completely true but how could we make them do that

We can't. That's why we have to rely on private trackers

singing_sol
01-07-2008, 12:05 AM
but there may be a way

whitmar
01-07-2008, 12:05 AM

I do too, Ice. It's the right thing to do. But on a more technical point, wasn't Demonoid actually a private tracker? It required registration, closed to new members occasionally, gave out invites, posted ratios, etc. Maybe it seemed like a public site because it had so many members.

singing_sol
01-07-2008, 12:06 AM
yeah

$we
01-07-2008, 12:10 AM
I do too, Ice. It's the right thing to do. But on a more technical point, wasn't Demonoid actually a private tracker? It required registration, closed to new members occasionally, gave out invites, posted ratios, etc. Maybe it seemed like a public site because it had so many members.
Everyone knows that you could forge your ratio, and demonoid wouldn't do sh*t about it.

singing_sol
01-07-2008, 12:12 AM
but if u r true to ur heart u need not explain others on that

whitmar
01-07-2008, 12:14 AM
I honestly don't know how to forge my ratio, and would not want to, even if I did.

$we
01-07-2008, 12:17 AM
but if u r true to ur heart u need not explain others on that
I do not reason with my heart. There is a very real risk when seeding on such an open tracker as demonoid. That, at least to me, outweighs the benefit of feeling good because your sharing.

Now seeding for a decent ratio on a private tracker... that's an incentive.

Mistral
01-07-2008, 12:32 AM
I do not reason with my heart. There is a very real risk when seeding on such an open tracker as demonoid. That, at least to me, outweighs the benefit of feeling good because your sharing.

Now seeding for a decent ratio on a private tracker... that's an incentive.

You're a fool if you think a private tracker is secure or that there's no risk. You also sound more than a little selfish.

You do realise you're a member of a site called fileSHARINGtalk?:O

buggyfresh
01-07-2008, 02:25 AM
Gosh this hurt me so much..had a ratio of 5+ with over 200 GB upped...all gone kaput! No more street cred and now I'm even a n00b here *slaps forehead*..

I thought by now they'd get a tracker up in Saudi Arabia or something....

R.I.P. Demonoid...

buggyfresh
01-07-2008, 02:25 AM
Gosh this hurt me so much..had a ratio of 5+ with over 200 GB upped...all gone kaput! No more street cred and now I'm even a n00b here *slaps forehead*..

I thought by now they'd get a tracker up in Saudi Arabia or something....

R.I.P. Demonoid...

And why do my posts keep doubling?!

whitmar
01-07-2008, 02:35 AM
I read somewhere the tracker data is still intact, so when Demonoid is back in operation on the moon, or wherever, your ratio should still be there. There's no harm in positive thinking.

Rumblin
01-07-2008, 02:52 AM
well i have heard several rumors about you markupmaster.....

buggyfresh
01-07-2008, 03:04 AM
I read somewhere the tracker data is still intact, so when Demonoid is back in operation on the moon, or wherever, your ratio should still be there. There's no harm in positive thinking.

That would be the best new year's gift! Thanks for the info. Took a long time to reach there and I haven't found a private or semi-private tracker with their diversity or usergroup so far....

dythim
01-07-2008, 03:10 AM
Great site. Hope to see it back one day

twist off
01-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Well, the site says "currently down"... Makes my hope linger... :)