PDA

View Full Version : Black XP ok but what about a Black Vista?

Detale
01-06-2008, 09:53 PM
I think almost all of you guys know about the Black and other homemade versions of XP, but does anyone know of a Hacked Version of Vista? I don't mean a Download of Vista with a WGA crack with it but a revamped version with added programs and extras or stuff like that?

Believe me this is not for me. As some of you know I hate vista, but I have a friends laptop Im messing around with and some of the hardware only has vista drivers for it, so I am stuck installing Vista on the thing, but I would like to know if anyone has heard of an aftermarket vista out there. Thanks guys

peat moss
01-07-2008, 03:42 AM
Iv not seen one one but time allowing you could make your own , add your drivers , themes , programs etc. You should be able to clean install a copy of Black XP ( drivers included ) on your friends laptop , he might even thank you for it ?

I'm messing around with Black XP ver 7.2 Platinum and quite like it .

BEGINER
01-07-2008, 12:37 PM
My opinion is that Xp Black is worst version of Xp...Why?Well,i install this Xp,and i have many bugs,included restart,slow work,drivers problem...So i didnt agree that Xp Black is good option...If you wish Black because themes which can be found in Black,i advice you,to install classic Xp service pack 2,and then you customize with themes,icons,cursors...Well about Vista i dont know much,so i dont give you any suggestions

Detale
01-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Well I have been using black since v4 and I love it, never a bug nor virus. I like more than the themes I like the WPI and some other features.

Peat I actually did an install of BXP 6 i think but This laptop came with Vista on it, normally not a prob I know but Some of the hardware has no XP drivers for it all of the drivers are for freaking Vista even on the manufacturers page. I even tried Driver Genius which usually works pretty well for me but that didn't help either.

I'v been Dling 7.2 for 2 goddamn days already from TPB. Have you seen it anywhere that has a better speed than 11 kbs? If so PLEASE PM ME! Thanks

Broken
01-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Xp black 7.2 is up on usenet, I could download it in about 30 mins. I really don't have any way to get it to you though.

Anyways,
Xp is so old hat that people know it inside and out and can get it to do almost anything they want it to, i.e. xp black.
I'm sure Vista will get to this point at a later date.

Hairbautt
01-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Anyways,
Xp is so old hat that people know it inside and out and can get it to do almost anything they want it to, i.e. xp black.
:yup: In C|Net's Community Help & How-To newsletter, the topic for this week was "What can I do to improve the speed of my Vista machine?" which addressed some of the Vista bashing:

...like all new OS releases, there will be some time getting used to it--and there will be some growing pains. And for that, I'd like to point out member xjohnhamx's comment about the evolution of an OS. (Don't you all remember when XP was released how many people bashed on it? Or held off until service packs were released to jump ship?):view: View: http://nl.com.com/view_online_newsletter.jsp?list_id=e497

I'm afraid you have run into what I like to call the evolution of the Operating System.

Have you tried starting Windows 3.1 lately on your new machine or even on your Windows 98SE machine? It starts in seconds. I can remember DOS and Windows for Workgroups 3.11 taking up to 5 minutes to boot up. However when it was old and Windows 95 was released, Windows 3.11 could be started in a minute or two and Windows 95 took 5 minutes or more.

The point is that as the world of Operating Systems evolve, so does the hardware world. Microsoft and other OS vendors realize that they can do neat new things and make the user experience richer with the better hardware available. This makes our nice new hardware really work for its dinner and it always seems to produce a myriad of people complaining that the new OS is WAY TOO SLOW. It also seems to start a surge of upgrades in the industry as well as a surge of hardware inovation.

When Windows XP came out everyone said it was too slow and that the "eye-candy" was unnecessary and to blame. It's been almost 6 years and now XP runs so smoothly and everyone sings its praises.

Windows Vista will be the same. Where video cards with 3D processor were only an extra really used by gamers and serious 3D modelers, it is now a much needed accessory for your OS. Where 2GB of RAM was splurging, 4GB or 8GB will become normal. Granted the XP to Vista upgrade is almost as much of a resource jump as the Win3.1 to Win95 jump. It's, still the evolution of the OS and it is almost always this way.

To make the best of it. Throw a multi-core CPU, at least 2GB of RAM, a 10,000RPM SATA2 drive, and a good ATI or NVidia Graphics card at it and you'll be ok.
:view: View: http://forums.cnet.com/5208-10149_102-0.html?forumID=7&threadID=275745&messageID=2654332&tag=nl.e497

Detale
01-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Personally I have been hearing about BlackComb/Windows 7 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7) and I think vista will be just like Windows ME was, a pure bomb and anyone who has it in a few years will be embarrassed to say they did :P

Not to mention Clocker's Thread (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-hardware-24/t-xp-v-vista-262071) comparing the two from a hardware angle

- Vista not only requires a higher hardware spec but makes worse use of the
hardware it has.
- Video performance is the most glaring discrepancy, so it's safe to assume that
gaming would suffer horribly...must be the drivers, I suspect.

I have no idea why the hard drive I/O scores in Vista are as bad as they are,
you'd think they would have that figured out by now

Xp black 7.2 is up on usenet, I could download it in about 30 mins. I really don't have any way to get it to you though.

Anyways,

I know I just saw that, funny thing was I was trying to learn how to Upload to USenet just to Up this file! BUt glad it's up there either way. Now others don't have to dl for 3 goddamn days from Pirate BAy