PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion, lock threads after years of inactivity

Broken
01-07-2008, 05:59 PM
It seems that it's becoming fairly common for a newbie to come in and start bumping threads that are several years old i.e. here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-new-k-lite-forum-skin-46506/page2).
Has it ever been considered, or is it possible to have threads lock them self after a very generous period of inactivity (years)?

tralalala
01-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Sometimes it's fun to bump threads from back in the day.. Like UKMans "Bump" thread.. :lol:

I do however agree that people that bump old threads in the BT section should get a kick up the back side.. <_<

Broken
01-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Sometimes it's fun to bump threads from back in the day.. Like UKMans "Bump" thread.. :lol:

I do however agree that people that bump old threads in the BT section should get a kick up the back side.. <_<

I guess it could be a giggle to bump and thread asking for a torrentit or Loki invite. :lol:

Hairbautt
01-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Some say that the lounge is unmoderated and there are threads that are bumped as jokes/memories/whatever.

In other sections I'd say is pretty annoying. Especially when it's just a pointless post like "thx/nice" and I'm pretty sure they are dealt with (particularly when you report them)...

tralalala
01-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Yah bumping stuff in the Lounge is well funny.. I've done it a couple times :)

Skiz
01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Some say that the lounge is unmoderated and there are threads that are bumped as jokes/memories/whatever.

In other sections I'd say is pretty annoying. Especially when it's just a pointless post like "thx/nice" and I'm pretty sure they are dealt with (particularly when you report them)...

Usually we just delete the post and the thread return back to the depths, but if members begins posting it again, I typically leave it.

I also think auto-locking threads is a bit excessive.

tralalala
01-07-2008, 08:03 PM
^ Reminds of OiNK in a way..

Hairbautt
01-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Yah bumping stuff in the Lounge is well funny..

I've done it a couple plenty of times :)fixed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Smilies/Dabs1.gif

Auto-locking is excessive :mellow: Hell, I think some moderators get a bit trigger-happy with locking threads...Not here *cough*joe*cough*joe*.org.

tralalala
01-07-2008, 09:16 PM
:glag:

Find more than 2 that I've bumped... :shifty: