PDA

View Full Version : Bitorrent Error?

n00bies
07-27-2003, 09:38 PM
Im totaly new to bitorrent so not sure what to do with this error!

I can get the inital download bit too work fine (not sure what that is called as im a total newb at this sorry)

But when that inital file is downloaded another box appears then after about 40 seconds or so I can a warning in red that says

Problem connecting to tracker!

Reading the FAQ's it says that this is probably due to the file being down. I have tried about 8 or 9 different files! Is this usualy the case?

jay973
07-27-2003, 10:29 PM
Just let it run.It nearly always happens with Bittorrent.Leave it overnight or something,it will connect back up to the tracker and everything will be ok.
:)

stoi
07-27-2003, 10:32 PM
depends what tracker it is on, if its bytemonsoon or torrents.cx then your out of look as both of those sites have gone down. tell us the name of the tracker announce url and we might be able to say wether its worth keeping it open or not.

Gre1
07-27-2003, 10:44 PM
Yep just normal problems with the tracker might have went down for a minute

n00bies
07-28-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by stoi@27 July 2003 - 22:32
depends what tracker it is on, if its bytemonsoon or torrents.cx then your out of look as both of those sites have gone down. tell us the name of the tracker announce url and we might be able to say wether its worth keeping it open or not.
Not sure what you mean :insertnoobface:

The main ones I tried were from the #bt IRC channel.

I didnt know that if you left it open it would try and connect in the future! Doh!