PDA

View Full Version : What would I need to trade to get into Waffles?

1000possibleclaws
01-09-2008, 05:20 AM
For the longest time I've wanted to join Waffles, probably the second best music tracker out there besides What.cd. What would I need to do to join? I belong to quite a few level 3 trackers, and a couple level 4, but I only have invites for level 3 and under.

I've noticed that more and more people are offering out Waffles recently, are they becoming more common? sorry to make my first thread about this, I've been a guest here for quite some time and I'm happy I finally joined. What do you guys think I'd need to do to get into Waffles?

Diiyad
01-09-2008, 05:25 AM
Whenever I visit waffles any file I want to download has no seeders.

t0mmy
01-09-2008, 05:30 AM
you can just request for a waffles invite, you dont necesarilly need to trade for them, ive given mine away

Skiz
01-09-2008, 05:50 AM

I've downloaded approx. 150 torrents there and only 2 or 3 with no seeders. :ermm:

With only 8% of torrents not having seeders, I'd say you're downloading unpopular content.

1000possibleclaws
01-09-2008, 05:51 AM
i guess I'll have to wait a month, because i can't even read the threads in the invite section.. am i allowed to offer accounts/invites for a trade in this section? I read the rules and it stressed not to request invites.. I'm not sure if that would count but I'm doubtful so I won't post unless I'm allowed

sleepyy
01-09-2008, 05:54 AM
You need to offer something that somebody else want's

Or somebody will just have to trust you and you will get it without the means of tradeing.

Regardless of how ranks are most torrent sites are different and unique to the individuals needs lots of lower level sites are better than those that are harder to get i would say this from my experiance other people will agree some won't.:)

RayJuniored
01-09-2008, 05:56 AM
If you're a Power User on What, you can request one in the Invite thread. No trading necessary.

orfik
01-09-2008, 05:58 AM
Being more interesting might help.

1000possibleclaws
01-09-2008, 05:58 AM
If you're a Power User on What, you can request one in the Invite thread. No trading necessary.

you mean in the invite thread HERE? cause i'll still need to wait a month..

RayJuniored
01-09-2008, 06:00 AM
No. The Invite thread in the What forums...

sleepyy
01-09-2008, 06:00 AM

No he means what.cd you have a special power user section on there that only power user's and maybe above can view

RayJuniored
01-09-2008, 06:04 AM
^^ What he said.

fstokebanget
01-09-2008, 08:51 AM

It ain't so bad if you wait for one month :) Just be patient, and I'm sure you'll get all you needs in its own time, everything has its time m8 :happy:

Sylar666
01-09-2008, 08:54 AM
I have two invites, but why should I give it to U? Why do U need it so badly?

magushun
01-09-2008, 09:11 AM
you dont need to trade, especially not waffles, there are plenty of invites out there, i bet if you ask it nice you can get one for free

Cheffy
01-09-2008, 10:08 AM
I would recommend you make some friends.
Trading invites will only lead you down a dark path. Putting your accounts and your invitees accounts at risk.

Its easy finding people with the same interests as you, post on forums on the trackers you belong to, and go visit irc channels. Chat with people and make friends.

magushun
01-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Cheffy is right, especially in case of waffles, show me anybody who doesnt listen to music

magushun
01-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Cheffy is right, especially in case of waffles, show me anybody who doesnt listen to music

Hrvoje
01-09-2008, 10:17 AM
listening and loving music is different m8 :)

magushun
01-09-2008, 10:23 AM
yeah, it is, but even if he just listens to music, and not some kind of sick addict, he needs sources to get it from swhere : )

Sanka113
01-09-2008, 10:42 AM
OP, if you you should put a link of your ratio from what.cd to prove that you are a good uploader. If it's high enough you may be deemed worthy of some waffles.

Cruel
01-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Become a PU at What and you get them for free, no trading needed.

1000possibleclaws
01-09-2008, 10:48 PM
thanks for the advice everyone :D ! I guess I will just start to use what.cd more so that I'll get enough ratio and become a power user. Waffles isn't going anywhere soon, so there's really no hurry to get in :)

Gish
01-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Interesting you think waffles is second to what.cd
I have both and I would rate the other way. don't be quick to judge if you only belong to one.
BTW welcome:)

ScreaminJay
01-10-2008, 12:38 AM

Really, that's a silly complain... and here's proof of your unfounded critic.

Check the home page... 89 000 torrents out of 99 000 are seeded... and there is 361,205 seeders!

How can you complain when 23k users turns out that many seeds total. It's silly. That mean each users have, on average, 16 torrents seeded. Find other trackers that have that many seeders for similar amount of users. For example, ScT have 18k users for a total of 108k seeders.

Not only that... but watch What.CD... I'm not saying it's not as good, but for 42,800, there is 292,154 seeds. So there is more seeds on Waffles with half the users! And same amount of seeded torrents out of a larger pool... 89k out of 102k!

1000possibleclaws
01-10-2008, 02:42 AM
Interesting you think waffles is second to what.cd
I have both and I would rate the other way. don't be quick to judge if you only belong to one.
BTW welcome:)

yeah i dont really have first hand experience... i was going with the fact that i heard from people the waffles staff are immature, and that whatcd has more torrents than waffles.. waffles is of course more exclusive than what.cd which i guess is a good thing..

Hey
01-10-2008, 02:49 AM

I've downloaded approx. 150 torrents there and only 2 or 3 with no seeders. :ermm:

With only 8% of torrents not having seeders, I'd say you're downloading unpopular content.

isnt it all about being able to get what you want (and not just popular music). Just cuz most people download popular music doesnt mean that unpopular music should be slashed out of the way just for your needs.

tyman
01-10-2008, 02:53 AM
I agree with sleepyy. A lot of the bigger sites may have worse people and slower speeds and easy to get into, but most times they are better. Look at demonoid when it was around. It was amazing, (for those of us who didn't get into other places until a later time) and it was really easy to get into.

1000possibleclaws
01-10-2008, 03:19 AM
demonoid was great for everything except music, it didnt have great bitrates i found, and some albums were tracks pulled from limewire

division
01-10-2008, 05:17 AM
You have to get Power User on what.cd in order to get a waffles.fm invite. Or alternatively, if you get Power User on waffles.fm, you can get a what.cd invite.

Seems easy, no? :)

nkhlsrf
01-10-2008, 05:51 AM
just w8 and be patient..and the invite will come ur way..dont trade..atleast thts what i feel.

Galva
01-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Although I prefer waffles.....you don't sound like a heavy user (not even a pu on what) so what exactly do you want this tracker for!? It's pretty much a guarentee the content you want is on both trackers.

1000possibleclaws
01-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Although I prefer waffles.....you don't sound like a heavy user (not even a pu on what) so what exactly do you want this tracker for!? It's pretty much a guarentee the content you want is on both trackers.

do you think I'm just being ocd about having it? I see your point.. but mainly, i don't download much because my harddrive is practically full, and also my upload speed isnt great because I've had to downgrade my internet. NExt year when I move into residence I'll have a high speed connection, :D I guess I could wait until then unless an invite comes my way beforehand. mostly I'm just curious about the site and it's community.. and the hope that the stuff I couldn't find on what.cd would exist on waffles i guess i don't really need it, as much as im just curious and want to be a part of the community.:P youve made me think and I hope now I'll stop fretting about getting in.

pandabear
01-10-2008, 08:43 AM
If you want i can sell you one. $12.95 including shipping and handling.

orfik
01-10-2008, 09:42 AM
[quote=Gish;2572164]waffles is of course more exclusive than what.cd which i guess is a good thing..

Why is that a good thing? Don't get me wrong; I assume when you finally do get an account you'll either run it into the ground or build it up and try to trade it, but I want to give you the benefit of the doubt here.

Who are some of your favorite artists? What's your preferred audio codec? How many rare retail CDs do you have on hand? The answers to these questions might save you a lot of grief.

If you can find all your favorite albums at Best Buy, and you're crazy about Lame, don't even bother with Waffles. It's really not worth it. STmusic, Vip, Libble or Sound Damage would do you fine. Hell, you're on What.CD and it doesn't sound like you're even using it. Why not just use DC or Soulseek and leech for free?

Think about it. If you want, I can invite you to all the aforementioned sites and you can see yourself.

1000possibleclaws
01-10-2008, 10:13 AM
[quote=T.S.O.L.;2572539]

Why is that a good thing? Don't get me wrong; I assume when you finally do get an account you'll either run it into the ground or build it up and try to trade it, but I want to give you the benefit of the doubt here.

Who are some of your favorite artists? What's your preferred audio codec? How many rare retail CDs do you have on hand? The answers to these questions might save you a lot of grief.

If you can find all your favorite albums at Best Buy, and you're crazy about Lame, don't even bother with Waffles. It's really not worth it. STmusic, Vip, Libble or Sound Damage would do you fine. Hell, you're on What.CD and it doesn't sound like you're even using it. Why not just use DC or Soulseek and leech for free?

Think about it. If you want, I can invite you to all the aforementioned sites and you can see yourself.

my favorite artist? it really depends on my mood, i have 'favorites' for each genre but not really a favorite artist that I'll love all the time.. well at the moment itd be Neutral Milk Hotel, i'm learning all those songs on acoustic right now :P . v0 is my prefered rip, actual cds? i own about a dozen rare punk/ska/hardcore albums, and I have 50 gigs of mostly high quality music on my computer,

I wasn't saying that waffles is better than what.cd, i think you misinterpersted me.. i was trying to see from that other persons perspective who told me she/he thinks waffles is better. thanks for offering but i'm a member of ST, Vip2, Libble, and i dont think sound damage is that great is it? ST is great. right now I use that as a backup when I can't find the album on what, or if its not in V0 on what. I use bittorrent probably 90% if not more to download music, and the other 10 is movies, appz and misc, so i definately care most about my music trackers

about dc and soulseek, i stopped using those kinds of p2p a long time ago, my internet connection will be great again in a semester, and in the meantime i leave my computer on 24/7 and my ratios are fine :)

there i think i answered all ur questions..

Vidde
01-10-2008, 10:19 AM
You need a friend with a Waffle-invite, just like everyone else ;)

-Vidde

orfik
01-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Well, if you're on all those sites and you still aren't in, there's either something wrong with you or you aren't trying hard enough. My best advice is not to bother with this forum. Head to IRC, or get active on the forums on your other sites.

1000possibleclaws
01-10-2008, 10:24 AM
someone offered me an invite in this forum already.. so i should be fine. umm STM doesnt realy have a community last i checked.. and i've used the what forums but i dunno maybe im just nto used to them but i dont really like them. I use Kraytracker forums and thats about it. thnx for the advice though :fst:

tmo85
01-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Ill trade u a waffles fora FTN invite ;)