PDA

View Full Version : Add Remove Plus 2003 V4.0

ricochet
07-28-2003, 12:03 AM
Im looking for a uninstaller that is better than built in xp uninstaller. and I found this one has anyone used this???? There must be something that will get rid of the registry entries that get created by installing programs without having to use a registry cleaner after every uninstall. What uninstaller do you use???

Rip The Jacker
07-28-2003, 02:14 AM
Why yes, I was also looking for a better uninstaller. balamm suggested this program, I installed it and found it to be really good. I also recommend Add Remove Plus 2003 4.0 for an uninstaller. :)

Dapadipz
07-28-2003, 11:03 AM
ye this program rules!

i cant find a crack that works properly :angry:

zapjb
07-28-2003, 11:50 AM
I'm not one to toot M$. Running XP Pro. I went to the A/R2003v4 site. I don't see why I'd need this prog. Unless I read wrong (could be, very tired) AR doesn't take all of the hidden registry entries some progs leave behind. Didn't find that claim on the site. So what good is it?

And andr hint, hint.

ricochet
07-29-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by zapjb@28 July 2003 - 11:50
I'm not one to toot M$. Running XP Pro. I went to the A/R2003v4 site. I don't see why I'd need this prog. Unless I read wrong (could be, very tired) AR doesn't take all of the hidden registry entries some progs leave behind. Didn't find that claim on the site. So what good is it?

And andr hint, hint.
What do you use? or do you know of a uninstaller that will get rid of the registry entries that progs create ???

zapjb
07-29-2003, 05:09 AM
Don't know the name of the prog(s) or if they work, although I think one's a Symantec (Norton) product. But they supposedly work by monitoring the installation of programs. That way they can completely uninstall them.

But I use a rigamaroll of programs (jv16, WinDoctor, Registry Detective, etc.) to uninstall registry entries. Under serious conditions, where the prog might fuck up my sys I use a combination involving system restore in XP.

I use sys restore. But I realize it's limits. At least how it responds for me. Example on preparing to install a new program. I get everything cleared away using various diagnostic tools. Then I set a SRP (system restore point). Call it like Before Program X. Then I delete all other SRP's. SR works best for me when I have only 1 SRP. Then I install the new program. Play with a couple hours or days. If the new program messes up my system I choose SRP Before Program X. Rinse & repeat. Never fails unless I mess up the steps.

That means if I don't like the prog, I must choose SR & NOT uninstall through add/remove or other means. Or else SR won't work.