PDA

View Full Version : Speed required for HDbits.org?

Sandbox
01-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Is there a speed requirement/recommendation for hdbits? Is it really hard to meet the ratio there compared to lower level trackers? Some in another forum has mentioned that my speed maybe too slow for hdbits.org and I might not be able to meet the ratio thus declining giving me invites:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/220165418.png

RoSsoNeRI
01-10-2008, 12:46 AM
No not really, its quite easy to seed there actually and no I don't have a seedbox

Sandbox
01-10-2008, 12:48 AM
weird..I've heard ScT is hard to meet the ratio there also if you have a slow connection as well.

Like I'm right about to receive the invite because of my ratios and then they ask to send speed test, and they reply with my connection is too slow.

RoSsoNeRI
01-10-2008, 12:54 AM
For ScT yeah it is kinda slow cuz there almost every user is running 100Mbit/1GB servers

but for HDbits ur fine, its easy to upload there.....just don't grab like a 26gb blu-ray rip n u'll be fine

lostdemon
01-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Damn that sucks sandbox
So close yet so far away.

MuFuukan R
01-10-2008, 01:02 AM
its easy to seed no worries ;\

Daniel
01-10-2008, 01:05 AM
sandbox, I don't believe that your speed is too slow but you have to realize that downloading (and keeping a decent ratio) with this small connection will put a strain on your habits. The smallest possible amounts are 1.1gb for tv rips in 720p or 4.4gb for a movie and sometimes the sizes are even bigger (ie 6.5gb, 8.5gb or something in that area).

Where you have possibly downloaded 350mb xvid tv-rips or 700mb movies you'll now have to abstain from ~ 75% of that stuff. Can you do that and be happy? Keeping a ratio on hdbits shouldn't be an issue as long as you watch your ratio and aren't too greedy, try some free leech torrents for a start to build a small buffer and downloading regular releases shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Diiyad
01-10-2008, 01:42 AM
I seed HDBits from my DSL connection and it works out just fine.

Adman65
01-10-2008, 03:40 AM
ya most people on there don't have a seedbox

awoeonip
01-10-2008, 06:53 AM
it's plenty easy to keep a good ratio hdbits, even with a slower connection. There's plenty of free leech torrents, and a generous bonus system.

Plus, the staff encourages downloading and activity; they have said many times that any ratio above 0.5 is perfectly acceptable.

Dark Archon
01-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Doesn't HDbits.org have a rule where if you don't d/l 1 GB a week you get banned? Sorry if I got it wrong.

Dark Archon
01-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Doesn't HDbits.org have a rule where if you don't d/l 1 GB a week you get banned? Sorry if I got it wrong.

ecin
01-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Couldn't find that in the rules. Would be sorta weird, as there are ppl who don't have the time to dl that much. It's not like I am dl and watching movies 24/7 :/

Spartan
01-10-2008, 11:09 AM

It was 1 GB a month... So if you download a 6 GB encode, your cover for 6 months. Too many people not contributing/using the site. If you love HD, then you will have no problem.

Dark Archon
01-10-2008, 12:32 PM

It was 1 GB a month... So if you download a 6 GB encode, your cover for 6 months. Too many people not contributing/using the site. If you love HD, then you will have no problem.

thanks for the answer.

yayyyyyy
01-10-2008, 01:20 PM
very simple to seed there... no seedbox needed ;)

yes, they ban you if you do not use (download enough) the account.

trusca
01-10-2008, 01:33 PM
No not really, its quite easy to seed there actually and no I don't have a seedbox

kahoona
12-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Some say it is easy to seed there and some cannot seed even though they do everything right. I have never seen such a variability on ability to seed anywhere else. What causes it? My IP does not block them,I start torrents right away,I am connectible,I have tried all sorts of setting changes. I have 1 meg up (tested) all of which is available. I try my best to get torrents from other trackers to keep my DL down. I still have to resort to seedbox every so often to stay afloat. With other trackers I have to limit my upload to keep it under 1.5 or so.I don't get it! On the other hand I can live with it because they are the best. Period when it comes to HD stuff!