PDA

View Full Version : People, you know this; Invite rarity ratings royally screw things up.

krunktastic
01-10-2008, 05:22 AM
For god sakes, please get rid of them.

At any other time I would list all the reasons they screw things up, but I have to read a 500 page book tonight. So if anyone wants to elaborate on the following things or add their own, please do:

- Unnecessary desire for trackers
- Desire for collection instead of use
- Annoying requests for FTWR even though it doesn't even COMPARE to other trackers.
- +50 billion other reasons

Someone HAS to agree with me...right? Is it time for change?

fsephie
01-10-2008, 05:24 AM
For god sakes, please get rid of them.

At any other time I would list all the reasons they screw things up, but I have to read a 500 page book tonight. So if anyone wants to elaborate on the following things or add their own, please do:

- Unnecessary desire for trackers
- Desire for collection instead of use
- Annoying requests for FTWR even though it doesn't even COMPARE to other trackers.
- +50 billion other reasons

Someone HAS to agree with me...right? Is it time for change?

If you have a 500 page book to read, you should have posted this when you had the time.

We could have waited.

Patriot foreve
01-10-2008, 05:29 AM
what bothers you to use them ,if u don't like it just leave it ,you just can't compare glass to gold

p1r4t3
01-10-2008, 05:29 AM
:yawn:

search the forums , for gods sake.. While I appreciate ur emotions and willing ness to create a thread about it, Its been discussed already.

undercoverbro
01-10-2008, 05:34 AM
I think the level thing has evolved through time from the community as a whole. It creates interest. Everybody eventualy figures out what they need. It's a game for many people, inexpensive entertainment. I don't think there are any reasons you could give that would change the natural order of things.

Cheffy
01-10-2008, 05:46 AM
It have become better lately. People seem to understand the difference between invite rarity and tracker content. But it does bring Unnecessary desire for trackers and it encourages people to collect tracker instead of using them.

jam0980tr
01-10-2008, 05:53 AM
rarity don't prove nuffin 2 mee all it's trying to say how special that tracker is. and Make you go crazy for it...

SIMRACK
01-10-2008, 05:54 AM
this has been told so many times..it depends on individual preference and has nothing to do wit rarity..

p.s : i agree wih u regarding ftwr

ScreaminJay
01-10-2008, 06:11 AM
People want all trackers to COMPARE to other trackers... and that is a big problem.

It's as if they like it when they are all alike... sharing the same content, at the same time, at the same speed, using the same code. So boring.

Scene sites like FTN, ScT, TL, RevTT, etc... to me, they are at the very bottom of the scale. It's a shame on the other side when sites try to be different, like SITR, they get called "horrible". OMG, it's different, terrible design, awful, what the hell, it doesn't look like all my other trackers, what am I gonna do! So ridiculous really, since it's a great tracker and have went on to create a very nice infrastructure. Which, while it may have "too many subcategories". There's nothing stopping you from blocking each individual ones you don't want to see. In a way, that's more advanced than regular trackers when you need to block entire section like "tv series" completely. There you can block all the shows you don't want, but still see the ones you're interested in. Anyway, I've ranted enough about this one.

I also disagree with the Level system. It's a bit silly, but on the sites I'm at, be they lvl 1 or 10... I like them cause they offer "something else" than the pure scene trackers.

RoSsoNeRI
01-10-2008, 06:25 AM
I agree with ur first 2 reasons.....Unnecessary desire for trackers & Desire for collection instead of use. Those 2 r completely on the spot

pandabear
01-10-2008, 06:44 AM
Don't get rid of the level system! That would make me look like an idiot for paying $25 for a ftn invite.

pandabear
01-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Don't get rid of the level system! That would make me look like an idiot for paying $25 for a ftn invite.

gnlstryker
01-10-2008, 07:37 AM
jam0980tr (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/jam0980tr-170107): http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2363/utorrentspeedpx1.png

TWO DOWNLOAD SPEED ?????!!??!
SOMETHING FISHY HERE.

AND AS FOR THE RARITY THINGY IT SUCKS.

TORRENTLEECH IS NO.1. NO MATTER WHAT. :-D

jam0980tr
01-10-2008, 07:39 AM
jam0980tr (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/jam0980tr-170107): http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2363/utorrentspeedpx1.png

TWO DOWNLOAD SPEED ?????!!??!
SOMETHING FISHY HERE.

AND AS FOR THE RARITY THINGY IT SUCKS.

TORRENTLEECH IS NO.1. NO MATTER WHAT. :-D

friend there is nuffin fishy, am fresh lol
I made 2 boxs becoz i love my mark and i removed my upload boxs and added the download boxs hehehe
when i look at that mark it gives me a nices Feeling of what my server can do!! what setting to use, if you wanna see how i did it look up on my post reply ;) its all there the tips how i did it :P

twist off
01-10-2008, 02:17 PM

:D

FACE_TO_FACE
01-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Do u mean SCT?

SaviouR
01-10-2008, 03:37 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-community--265106

pone44
01-10-2008, 05:14 PM
What? Nobody would know what invite to accept or site to signup too. Personally i think FST has a lot of info n members in all the tracks, that give feedback(as we see), people would be signing up to fake sites-ect. I look @ it for what it is, nt 2 hard to understand. I do not want to accept a invite from someone if i do not know what the site contains, if i don't like it then i would be put in a bad situation. Good job w- the people who make that list...

DrParker
01-10-2008, 06:00 PM
listen rare is very important if u look at what's up with oink for exemple.
i like the rare ones couse the risk of them being raided is much lower
then tl/revtt for exemple.. if its hard for me to join them its hard for
the authorities too and u cant stop them if u cant prove what they are doing :)

jasperr
01-10-2008, 06:06 PM
What? Nobody would know what invite to accept or site to signup too. Personally i think FST has a lot of info n members in all the tracks, that give feedback(as we see), people would be signing up to fake sites-ect. I look @ it for what it is, nt 2 hard to understand. I do not want to accept a invite from someone if i do not know what the site contains, if i don't like it then i would be put in a bad situation. Good job w- the people who make that list...

what your talking about here m8 is the review system... which has nothing to do with the lvl system..
lvl system is based and judged solely by the availablity of invites vs the chances of you getting in..
the tracker reviews is where you can go and check out the info on sites , member comments, see SS of catagories, ect... two totaly different things...

that list has no value except to traders.... which makes it difficult for peeps to get in and members.. good members. it makes most think that they have to horde invites and collect as many sites as possible... then they believe they have bartering chips to trade off later...

lame and stupid.... but anyways...

REGUARDS

that theory is very flawed...... "RARE" tracker are just as much at risk as lets say TL.... just that the authorities would rather go after the big fish first to make examples...... :frusty:

DrParker
01-10-2008, 06:30 PM

that theory is very flawed...... "RARE" tracker are just as much at risk as lets say TL.... just that the authorities would rather go after the big fish first to make examples...... :frusty:

you say tometo i say tomato... ofcourse that the big ones is more
wanted by authorities but in the bottom line rarer=smaller=harder to obtain=safer... i believe that if oink staff was smart enough to close the invite system on time(six months before the raid) they would still be here :cool:

MuFuukan R
01-10-2008, 06:48 PM
wanted by authorities but in the bottom line rarer=smaller=harder to obtain=safer... i believe that if oink staff was smart enough to close the invite system on time(six months before the raid) they would still be here :cool:

You don't think there were 'authorities from whatever organization' inside as members of OiNK long before it was raided? like 1yr+ ? u think they got in there 2 months planned and executed a raid?

SaviouR
01-10-2008, 08:31 PM

wake up and smell the reality my friend . Authorities are 10x smarter than ppl actually think .there are many secret agents present in the scene itself , let alone the torrent sites . They will and can attack any warez related website / torrent site provided they have enough support from the different countries as well, regarding cyber crime . saying that a site is lvl 50 in some rarity list and 500 members only will have no authorities or will be more safer , is pure bullshit .

MuFuukan R
01-10-2008, 08:37 PM

wake up and smell the reality my friend . Authorities are 10x smarter than ppl actually think .there are many secret agents present in the scene itself , let alone the torrent sites . They will and can attack any warez related website / torrent site provided they have enough support from the different countries as well, regarding cyber crime . saying that a site is lvl 50 in some rarity list and 500 members only will have no authorities or will be more safer , is pure bullshit .

Right on point, for some reason the general public watches too many movies and see the 'authorities' as idiots who don't know how to use PC's and barely know what kazaa is and run around looking like a bunch of idiots... Its not like that, There are many double-agents and 'authorities' being curries for topsites themselves to gain intel, forget 1337 torrent sites like FT*R the feds are part of The Scene as well and have access to TS's over yrs of work pretending to be regular ppl..

The only place safe left is Newsgroups :yup:

Diiyad
01-10-2008, 09:01 PM

Guarantee you U**T doesn't have any "secret agents" inside.

SaviouR
01-10-2008, 09:21 PM

Guarantee you U**T doesn't have any "secret agents" inside.

:wacko: :frusty:

Scavenger
01-10-2008, 09:28 PM
:lol:

zizo85
01-10-2008, 09:32 PM
what bothers you to use them ,if u don't like it just leave it ,you just can't compare glass to gold
u r right my friend:yup:

Polarbear
01-10-2008, 09:47 PM
do you really think if a 14yo kid can get in high level trackers a well trained, studied, high paid it forensic expert can not???

they are not interested in 2.000 or 3.000 people sharing scene files on a tracker.

they want the topsites.

it becomes dangerous when you have a site with 300.000 members and this site is a warez source (like oink).

not because those sites are unsecure, because they're worth going after.

if authorites want to, they could easily shut down any bittorrent tracker. it's all just a matter of different laws, efficiency and cost-effectiveness.

no complainant - no accused - no law enforcement - no raid

pone44
01-10-2008, 10:00 PM
The way they r rated changed, i dt know why? Like they said in above post, you can't compare a Diamond with glass, the old system , i pretty much agreed on. But members here know way more than i.... Found your comment pretty lame, with no rankings, it would be BS- people scamming others-ect, a Mess! @ least we have a decent idea on what tracks are the ones that are @ least trying to be more private but with soo many members they r nt private! I meant the old level system, changed a wk or 2 ago.?.S*c should be the 0-day comparison-content wise, go from there with rarity, filelist has very little content but no invites so it stays low but pisexy- is it really that good? BC is the site they would target- games r $ Way more than any album-movies.Yeah some things need to be fixed but why diss them? Its all about your preference, i cannot see how AOM is level 6-7? I w- not sign up when open, no interest??? Or sites with just trance music? Same with those. Would not accept a TT -electronik! am no trader!
S*t should be a high level- hard 2 get invites same with all in its level , never seen sites that high ranked.:( hoarding accounts-invites should be deaded asap, ill even help out if i can get a invite.lol

what your talking about here m8 is the review system... which has nothing to do with the lvl system..
lvl system is based and judged solely by the availablity of invites vs the chances of you getting in..
the tracker reviews is where you can go and check out the info on sites , member comments, see SS of catagories, ect... two totaly different things...

that list has no value except to traders.... which makes it difficult for peeps to get in and members.. good members. it makes most think that they have to horde invites and collect as many sites as possible... then they believe they have bartering chips to trade off later...

lame and stupid.... but anyways...

REGUARDS

SAM
01-10-2008, 10:01 PM
this has been told so many times..it depends on individual preference and has nothing to do wit rarity..

p.s : i agree wih u regarding ftwr

i agree about the above
the rarity system really sucks

pone44
03-11-2008, 10:51 PM
true, but gives you a idea, which are more private! like that.

Artemis
03-11-2008, 11:24 PM
oh no, someone's been digging in the graveyard, but at least you didn't start a new topic pone :D

ElMazagangy
03-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for this information