PDA

View Full Version : How to burn a DVD-R from VIDEO_TS folder

hotwebdownload
01-10-2008, 03:43 PM
I downloaded a DVD-R recently. It has only VIDEO_TS folder. How can burn it into a DVD so that I can watch it on a stand-alone DVD player?

tyman
01-10-2008, 05:20 PM
i use toast...you know how to get it

Detale
01-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Toast is Mac only right?

For PC you can use: Nero, or ConvertX2DVD

deuce6000
01-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Or use ashampoo and chose burnmovies then burn from a prepared folder and it will let you burn them..

Scavenger
01-10-2008, 09:47 PM
At windows you can use Nero> Dvd Video. ;)

Appzalien
01-11-2008, 04:04 PM
What I do is skip over all the brew-haha of Nero Start Smart (which blinds you to the simple and ruins your day) Instead I make a shortcut directly to Nero.exe on the desktop so I can run Nero Burning Rom like the old days (find your nero directory as Ahead for version6 or Nero for version7 in the Program Files folder and search for Nero.exe. Right click it and choose "send to desktop" create shortcut). Afterwords you can rename the file to remove the "shortcut" from the icon name.

Once on the desktop you can double click it to open Nero Burning Rom. The first thing you check is if the correct rom drive is listed at the top, if not change it, close the program and reopen (I have to do this occasionally when I switch from burning cd's with my plextor premium to burning dvd's with the Liteon dvd burner). For a VIDEO_TS folder you would next go to the left and select DVD-Video as your disk type, you can name the label at this point if you want but you get another chance later, hit NEW. That will bring up Neros empty VIDEO_TS folder for you to fill with the contents of the folder you downloaded. Hit The Burn icon above and select a label and burn speed of half the rating of your drive or media (16x media choose 8x or less / 8x older burner but 16x media choose 4x burn speed). If the dvd-r is more than 4.3gig you will burn to a dual layered dvd9 disk or use dvdshrink to resize it to dvd5 before you start all this.

Because its almost impossible to test this type of file, short of making an iso out of it and mounting in a virtual drive, and even that only checks it can play on the pc not your setop player, its a good idea to burn to dvd-rw to test (change the bit setting to dvd-rom if you can). Even that has its faults as some older players cannot play rw disks and not all are compatible with both -rw and +rw. So often its a good idea to check a few things before you start, like opening one of the main movies vob's with gspot or another video info tool to see if the movie is PAL (25.000frms) or NTSC (23.976/29.970frms) and if its not in your areas format, well thats another story and another 10min of typing.

mbucari1
01-11-2008, 04:52 PM
forget nero if you don't alredy have it.

Probably one of the easiest things t do is to use dvdshrink to burn your video_ts folder to dvd. It's a small and efficient app and pretty straight forward.

you can get dvdshrink here (http://dl1.afterdawn.com/download/6d1ebf047ed58156ddc793ddbb559878/47879e9d/dvdshrink32setup1.zip)

Broken
01-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Another vote for Nero.
The easiest method I know of.

hotwebdownload
01-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Nero rocks!!!!

peat moss
01-12-2008, 04:03 PM
dvdSanta is very easy too , I only use Nero for coping disks . What did Appzalien say "Start Smart which blinds you to the simple and ruins your day" how true . :lol:

With dvdSanta you can change between PAL or NTSC in one click . :)

variable7390
01-13-2008, 02:44 AM
the easiest way to do this, and trust me its the easiest way =D is get imgburn and goto Mode>build & drag all the files is the video_ts folder and click build. Builds an image in less than a minute for me for a 4.37gb folder . So this way it creates it to a .iso format so then right after you can just burn it.

el-pablo
01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
although i'm really fond of imgburn, it's definately faster and more straightforward if you just use nero. new dvd, drag it in, burn. done.

vinhkhang01
01-14-2008, 04:53 AM
Nero is very flexibility in term of burning stuff whether it's a img, vob, video_ts, etc.

Skiz
01-14-2008, 04:55 AM
Open Nero Burning ROM >> Choose DVD on the drop down underneath where it says new compilation >> Choose DVD Video on the picture menu under that >> Click the New button on the right hand side.

Navigate to the folder containing your .ifo, .vob and .bup files using the right hand panel >> Highlight them all >> Drag and drop directly onto the red VIDEO_TS folder in the left hand panel.

Make sure you highlight and drap and drop all of the files into that red folder, double click the folder to check that they're all there.

Click the burn icon in the menu bar at the top >> Click the burn button on the new dialogue box that pops up.

That's it.