PDA

View Full Version : FSC Request

Cheeseman1208
01-10-2008, 10:14 PM
I'd like to start out by saying that this is not a begging thread. Begging shows something about someone's character, or lack of it, to stoop that low. I realize that these are just file-sharing communities, and that I have no physical or mental need for them.

I'm requesting an invite to FSC, because I am looking for a good community of like-minded people. I just need a good forum to hang out in, and FSC is famous for that. I'm very active in tons of forums (not so much FST these days), and I'm always on IRC. Also, does anyone know if FSC has an IRC? I love IRC, and I would expect a community based tracker to have one.

Now, I bet your wondering who this idiot is who is asking for an FSC invite. Well, I happen to be the network administrator for a 1300 user network (+ 8 servers and 200 laptops), with my MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) certification. I'm somebody who knows their way around the tech world. On a more personal side, I'm somebody who's personable and friendly, because if I wasn't, I would get fired pretty quickly (being a network admin is a VERY people oriented job, but it's mostly angry users yelling at you about something). At home I'm your standard tech geek, with a fairly powerful PC, Zune (I rebelled against the iPod...), laptop, and Xbox 360. I love playing games, and I even get a few rounds of CS:S when things get slow at work (I'm also a hamachi fiend).

I'm against trading torrent sites, but I wouldn't call myself an "anti-trader", as I have in the past. Instead, I like to sit back and take a neutral position publicly. I figure it's best to stay out of the big flame war we call "traders vs anti-traders". I'm a member of several other sites, but that's irrelevant to this request. I've never cheated, traded, or scammed. I keep a strict policy of giving out invites only to some of my best real world friends, for security purposes. I also keep at least a 1:1 ratio on every site I'm a member of, but usually it's a lot higher than that. I'll probably disappear from FST (and other forums like it), in favor of "settling down" on one or two community based trackers. As they say, a rolling stone gathers no moss, and I feel I've rolled enough.

So, my simple request is this: I need a place that I can officially hang my torrenting hat up, and settle down. Somewhere I can waste time chatting to people on, while knowing that we're all members of the same tracker.

Thanks for reading.

Totti
01-10-2008, 10:18 PM
sounds sincere enough hope you get what you want :) GL !

melatonin
01-10-2008, 10:20 PM
oh last time i saw you there was a keyboard on your head right ? what's comin' up this time :w00t:

Allexandar
01-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks for reading.

No problem :P

What's next? :naughty:

G-Force
01-10-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm against trading torrent sites, but I wouldn't call myself an "anti-trader", as I have in the past.

I've never cheated, traded, or scammed.

I think you may have contradicted your self here a little bit mate. I hope you get it mate, you have been a great member here and many other torrent sites i have seen you at, and helped out many people, you are exactly what we are looking for at FSC.

th0r
01-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Now, I bet your wondering who this idiot is who is asking for an FSC invite.

aren't you the one who propagated the mango fiasco?

_coder_
01-10-2008, 10:26 PM
FTN has a great community you can chill out there since you were recently invited to FTN. How many communities do you find the need to keep up with. There will always be more and more sites with great communities but that doesn't mean you to have be a part of all of them.

For example I have FSC & FTN but I dont find the need to go after FTWR or U*-* since I already have a hard enough time to keep up with FSC, FTN and FST.

Cheeseman1208
01-10-2008, 10:28 PM
I've never cheated, traded, or scammed. I think you may have contradicted your self here a little bit mate. I hope you get it mate, you have been a great member here and many other torrent sites i have seen you at, and helped out many people, you are exactly what we are looking for at FSC.
Thats worded weirdly, sorry. I meant that I have called my self an anti-trader before, but now I'd rather keep out of that mess.

@melatonin
Want to see me with a hard drive on my head? :naughty:

@th0r
Yeah.....I'd rather not talk about Mango....lol.

@coder
I plan to keep up with three communities in all: FTN, FSC, and iTS. Then like I said in my post, I'm completely done. It's human nature to want what you can't have, and as such, I'll be leaving FST for good.

G-Force
01-10-2008, 10:29 PM
FTN has a great community you can chill out there since you were recently invited to FTN. How many communities do you find the need to keep up with. There will always be more and more sites with great communities but that doesn't mean you to have be a part of all of them.

For example I have FSC & FTN but I dont find the need to go after FTWR or U*-* since I already have a hard enough time to keep up with FSC, FTN and FST.

This is exactly the position i am in now, the 3 f's FST, FTN, FSC,

@melatonin
Want to see me with a hard drive on my head? :naughty:

I do :yup:

th0r
01-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I'd rather not talk about Mango

be prepared to, you're responsible for it

_coder_
01-10-2008, 10:33 PM
HDD + Keyboard + Mouse + Monitor on Cheesemans head FTW

Cheeseman1208
01-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I'd rather not talk about Mango

be prepared to, you're responsible for it
Yep, I'm responsible for creating absolute chaos on FST for one day. But it was fruity chaos. And it's kind of funny, since I'm still getting PMs from people asking for an invite. Was it a bad joke? You bet. Would I do it again? Absolutely not. I spent way too much time working on that failed tracker.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your support. Geeze, we got to page two in 15 minutes...

RoSsoNeRI
01-10-2008, 10:52 PM
:noes: never open a thread requesting FSC in public forums

Cheeseman1208
01-10-2008, 11:05 PM
:noes: never open a thread requesting FSC in public forums
Sorry Rosso, but where else am I supposed to go? I respect FSC's policies, and no offense to DV8, but the FSC rep here on FST hasn't been checking his PMs recently...

Artemis
01-10-2008, 11:16 PM
DV8 has been checking his PM's, he just doesn't respond to invite requests, period! He does have a life and is on holiday atm , but he is definitely around.
FSC is a community though that you are chosen for rather than just requesting........... most invites are from staff anyway, they find users that they think would be good for the community and invite them, or from friends that you know who think you would be a good member. I'm not trying to be mysterious it is just that FSC's staff want more than just someone who can keep a good ratio, so they usually do the choosing.

Cheeseman1208
01-10-2008, 11:22 PM
DV8 has been checking his PM's, he just doesn't respond to invite requests, period! He does have a life and is on holiday atm , but he is definitely around.
FSC is a community though that you are chosen for rather than just requesting........... most invites are from staff anyway, they find users that they think would be good for the community and invite them, or from friends that you know who think you would be a good member. I'm not trying to be mysterious it is just that FSC's staff want more than just someone who can keep a good ratio, so they usually do the choosing.
I was chosen. About 2 months ago I requested FSC, and DV8 told me to PM him around the 5th of January. His PM box was full, but I was able to shoot him a PM 3 days ago. I don't know if he deleted the message, but I'm guessing he did.

G-Force
01-10-2008, 11:27 PM
I was chosen. About 2 months ago I requested FSC, and DV8 told me to PM him around the 5th of January. His PM box was full, but I was able to shoot him a PM 3 days ago. I don't know if he deleted the message, but I'm guessing he did.

Cheeseman my advice would be close this thread, and deal with DV8 through PM, if he told you he would get back to you then he will, just be patient.

But seriously close this thread, better yet PM a mod and have it deleted.

Cheeseman1208
01-10-2008, 11:41 PM

Cheeseman my advice would be close this thread, and deal with DV8 through PM, if he told you he would get back to you then he will, just be patient.

But seriously close this thread, better yet PM a mod and have it deleted.
I fear that DV8 has forgotten about the whole thing, but I'll close this thread and PM him again.

Thanks G-Force.