PDA

View Full Version : Social Groups

Hairbautt
01-11-2008, 01:16 AM
If we're going to keep the Social Groups (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/group.php) open then I think ya'll are gonna have to promote it some.
Some sort of link somewhere other than the User's CP. Perhaps on the top bar along with Home, User CP, Members, Arcade, etc.
Notification system - new members, new posts, new images, etc.
Anti-BTtard abuse.That's kinda all I can think of for right now. Suggestions, comments...:unsure:

zedaxax
01-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Since there are no moderatly good replies, i guess it is better you make a social group about it and discuss it there.

hidden worlds ftw

Hairbautt
01-18-2008, 01:44 AM
:dry: I still say there should be some sort of notification for invites and post replies.

Something Else
01-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Tesco has granted your wishes. :happy:

tesco
01-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Tesco has granted your wishes. :happy:I have? :O

Hairbautt
01-26-2008, 05:03 PM
I think you were workin' on it, but bitchez jumped the gun and declared it final, but really you were still working on it, but that's ok 'cause it looked cool, but it just happens to be gone now/.

Butt.

tesco
01-26-2008, 05:09 PM
I think you were workin' on it, but bitchez jumped the gun and declared it final, but really you were still working on it, but that's ok 'cause it looked cool, but it just happens to be gone now/.

Butt.Seriously I have no idea what it is.
I upgraded the board, and there is some new notifications thing, but I can't find how to make it show (maybe someone needs to invite me to be a friend?)

Hairbautt
01-26-2008, 05:12 PM
(maybe someone needs to invite me to be a friend?)
:sneaky: Not fallin' for that one.

Beta 4> Beta 3; Musta done something right 'cause Benchez & I both saw it and it looked quite nice. :happy: Had a drop down menu and everything.

Polarbear
01-29-2008, 02:18 PM
exactly! join the apple group! :P

Broken
01-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Click my banner and join!!!
I'll mail each new member a cookie! Just post your home address!!!

:thumbsup:

..........|
..........|
..........|
........\ | /
.........."

WarrenBuffet
02-02-2008, 10:09 PM
So I wrote this

"I've made a group that might be rather successful. I really love what you have done without the board and I realize without this update this wouldn't have even been possible. I don't want to ask for too much, but I would LOVE you if you could change some of the groups interfaces a little. Heres a small list :)

*Give admins of invite only groups the right to hand out invites to selected members.

*give admins the ability to actually edit the details of the group at the top of the groups page. I remember when the groups were first done this was possible but for some reason its not anymore.

*give admins the right to appoint other users as mods and have admin controls.

*make the post system kinda like the normal forum section on here, where u can quote ppl etc.

Thank you for reading

Thanks,
Zaa"

Demigod
02-02-2008, 10:35 PM
I agree with zaa. Especially with the last point about being able to sort the messages into threads and the ability to quote people.

That'll make it much easier to view the messages.

Tokeman
02-02-2008, 10:37 PM
I do agree it needs to be easier to find. I would suggest a direct like next to the board rules, or somewhere in that area would be great.
Aside from zaa730 's suggestions (just posted), which I think would be great, only other thing I would change would be the posting style. Its just one long thread right now, and that is very hard to keep up with, almost distracting. Some sort of thread posting, or catergory, anything but 1 long post.

Loving the new layout and features since my joining. Keep up the great work guys/gals. BIG thanks for all the hard work you've all put into this site.

Skiz
02-02-2008, 10:52 PM
So I wrote this

"I've made a group that might be rather successful. I really love what you have done without the board and I realize without this update this wouldn't have even been possible. I don't want to ask for too much, but I would LOVE you if you could change some of the groups interfaces a little. Heres a small list :)

*Give admins of invite only groups the right to hand out invites to selected members.

*give admins the ability to actually edit the details of the group at the top of the groups page. I remember when the groups were first done this was possible but for some reason its not anymore.

*give admins the right to appoint other users as mods and have admin controls.

*make the post system kinda like the normal forum section on here, where u can quote ppl etc.

Thank you for reading

Thanks,
Zaa"

Invites? Admins? Mods? :blink:

They aren't trackers or even sub-forums, they're groups for chit-chat.

The ability to quote sounds like a reasonable request and maybe giving the group starter the ability to edit the group name or details, but the rest isn't going to happen.

Tokeman
02-02-2008, 11:07 PM
So no go on at least some sort of organized posting? Or is this just supposed to be a group shot box, thats what it is now anyway. and if that was the goal, could have just added one shoutbox to the main page.

tesco
02-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Added the editing option.
Quoting is not going to happen unless vbulletin adds it.
Admin/mod stuff isn't going to happen. Social groups aren't that big...
The rest Im not sure about.

Tokeman
02-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Added the editing option.
Quoting is not going to happen unless vbulletin adds it.
Admin/mod stuff isn't going to happen. Social groups aren't that big...
The rest Im not sure about.
Thanks for the update!
I really think if more people saw it they would consider using it. Most people (myself included) didn't even know they existed until some one said something in a thread I saw. There just needs to be a link some where that people can see during the course of normal board use. Having it hidden away like it is will undoubtedly hinder its usage. Who looks at the links in the control panel? I never have at least... That plus the posting style. I know its not another board, but one big shoutbox type system isn't what I (and others) had in mind for a social group. No features are really needed (even if wanted), just some sort of organization. Even just breaking it up into a new post every 24 hours would help. Just some suggestions, I know your working hard on other things as well, so take all the time you need to think about it.