PDA

View Full Version : Giving away account

Vitality
01-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Have given away many accounts.....also got some thrashing frm some senior members here for the account giveaway....I gave that away my accounts that i don't use to some user as they will be needing as i needed when i was new here.....
Need to know what you guys have to say....as there are lot of questions like tracker rules to follow them...you don't deserve to be thr since you gave away accounts...etc

Totti
01-11-2008, 02:44 PM
i think if you giveaway accounts to users that are trusted and will use the acc it's ok i see that as helping someone out. as for people saying you don't need to be at a certain tracker because you gave away an acc i think they need to look at the circumstances for why the acc was given away and then judge the person :)

supper
01-11-2008, 02:44 PM
give ur accounts as long as u wont hurt the inviter and as u sure about who u will give him ur account too

That1Guy
01-11-2008, 02:45 PM
read my sig.......

fOrUmAs
01-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Have given away many accounts.....also got some thrashing frm some senior members here for the account giveaway....I gave that away my accounts that i don't use to some user as they will be needing as i needed when i was new here.....
Need to know what you guys have to say....as there are lot of questions like tracker rules to follow them...you don't deserve to be thr since you gave away accounts...etc

the best thing would be that u dont give your acc to anyone.

but if u will give some of your acc then u should give only acc that u got from open signups...dont give your acc if u have been invited;)

:fst:

escuoop
01-11-2008, 03:32 PM
but if u will give some of your acc then u should give only acc that u got from open signups...dont give your acc if u have been invited;)

:fst:
Agree on this

but I am against having many accounts and using few

so give the ones that you don't use and be selective

SiNa
01-11-2008, 03:33 PM
imo give your high level accounts to someone who you trust rather. it would be safer that way. cuz your friend wouldnt need to change the pass or email that fast, so the risk of getting your account disabled and thus hurting your inviter would be more

but if you're a trader then you wont give a fuck since you dont even know who invited you or you wont even care

Diiyad
01-11-2008, 03:45 PM
If you're really giving your account to a friend I think it would be best to ask a staff member if you can do that. Otherwise don't do it, because most sites log ips from the creation of the account, so even if you don't change the email/password you can still lose the account in the future.

whitmar
01-11-2008, 05:01 PM
As I see it, giving someone your account puts the tracker at risk. After all, they don't know the identity of their new member with the same privileges and access you had earned in due course. In fact, they don't even know they have a new member, and you wouldn't dare tell them because its against the rules. This could get you, everyone you invited, and everyone who invited you banned.

I'm not on any kind of crusade against people who trade accounts or invites. I think we share more common ground than we have differences. In fact, I want all of us to be able to share files freely for as long as anybody wants. It is the practice of account trading that concerns me and, apparently, tracker staffs who prohibit it. Anything that jeopardizes the survival of trackers, including indiscriminate invite giveaways for that matter, should be avoided. I know how disruptive it was for me when my favorite sites were shut down, and I never want to experience that again with any site I've come to depend on.

fisherman
01-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Just too risky imo opinion giving accounts away. Your inviter was good enough to invite you so why put him ar risk. If I don't use an account I let it die in peace, saying that, I use most if not all of my accounts nearly every day :) I'm addicted lol

pandabear
01-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Doing giveaways harms you from getting into the best sites (FTN,SCT,FSC,BITMETV,SCC). But it all depends whether you care more about winning the approval of those who will invite you to high level sites, or helping out another user with an account you will not use.

kaffeine
01-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Accounts are for personal use. The way I see it, you don't have the right to give it to anybody else, no matter how trusted you think he is.

Put yourself in your inviter's place. He invited you because he trusts you. He doesn't know your friend and even if he did, maybe he doesn't trust him like he trusts you. When you give away/trade your account, you can also damage people a part from you and your inviter. Everyone in the tree is at risk.

So, instead of helping someone out, you are really putting at risk many others...

vinhkhang01
01-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Very well-written.
I totally agree with you.
You may give away accts to good trusted users on those you had open signed-ups.

Accounts are for personal use. The way I see it, you don't have the right to give it to anybody else, no matter how trusted you think he is.

Put yourself in your inviter's place. He invited you because he trusts you. He doesn't know your friend and even if he did, maybe he doesn't trust him like he trusts you. When you give away/trade your account, you can also damage people a part from you and your inviter. Everyone in the tree is at risk.

So, instead of helping someone out, you are really putting at risk many others...

Vitality
01-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Agree with you mate...i made a giveaway of TTi account...earlier...i shouldn't have down that.....
Will not to repeat my mistake......

C-mos
01-11-2008, 09:33 PM
so,do u mean u shouln;t make some giveaway one in a while ??:blink::blink::blink::blink:
it's true that u can't trust anyone ..but if u will lose your account on a high tracker because of the invitee ..then u could not make the same mistake twice by giving invites to everyone :)
i've lost my account on very high trackers because the invitee but i'm not that mad
if i can help some good people here
i really would do it:)

jr56
01-12-2008, 04:54 AM
Like Forumas said, only give away the accounts you got through open signup, don't put your inviters at risk

SAM
01-12-2008, 05:06 AM
Doing giveaways harms you from getting into the best sites (FTN,SCT,FSC,BITMETV,SCC). But it all depends whether you care more about winning the approval of those who will invite you to high level sites, or helping out another user with an account you will not use.

i always respect ur opinions man
but i have to disagree with your reply
i saw many members here made many giveaways and still they got invites to all the sites u mention .
not to mention that i saw many members that already in fsc and ftn and others giving away invites and no one say anything to them.
what about trackers admins who giving away invites too like brandon and vidde .
as to the matter in hand which is giving away accounts i used to see no harm in it.
but after a while i got it
when you got invited by someone ,he invited you because he trusted you in the first place.
at least you should not betray his trust by giving away ur account to someone else .
if you don't need this account just let it decay