PDA

View Full Version : Whats special on revolt ?

_VIBaNaCcI_
01-11-2008, 11:02 PM
:whistling

ask whats special on revolt forum ?

why ppl need it ? :dry:

kaffeine
01-11-2008, 11:07 PM
please use the search. it's been discussed many times before.

:)

_VIBaNaCcI_
01-11-2008, 11:13 PM
please use the search. it's been discussed many times before.

:)

i am sorry i new here

JA
01-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Its a forum. They WILL not suit your torrenting needs. But its a great forum, they bitch a lot xD

Scavenger
01-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Ppl doens't needs it, just wants it. It's a great forum, very nice community with a little tracker. ;)

kaffeine
01-11-2008, 11:19 PM
i am sorry i new here
no need to say sorry m8.. :P

_coder_
01-11-2008, 11:20 PM
They have naked ladies inside.

JA
01-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Power user Pr0n :naughty:

_coder_
01-11-2008, 11:24 PM

Uber user Pr0n :cool:

Steve02
01-11-2008, 11:24 PM
lol :lol:

_VIBaNaCcI_
01-11-2008, 11:30 PM
oh whats invitation system on revolt ?
and how can i get it ?

SgtMajor
01-12-2008, 12:08 AM
If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.

When the time is right, Revolt will seek you out and ask you to join them, until that time, make sure you are active at places that they are and you will be noticed.

pandabear
01-12-2008, 05:42 AM
Or just don't join revolt, and don't waste more time on forums :/

DanielleD87
01-12-2008, 05:46 AM
hail the bunny!
http://xs122.xs.to/xs122/07521/evil_bunny_protected_by_tin_foil_hat.jpg

RoSsoNeRI
01-12-2008, 06:00 AM
It's just a forum like FST

Artemis
01-12-2008, 06:04 AM
well not exactly like FST it is a forum but it has a very different focus to FST, the two can't be compared...........

Polarbear
01-12-2008, 06:14 AM
hail the bunny!
http://xs122.xs.to/xs122/07521/evil_bunny_protected_by_tin_foil_hat.jpg http://xs123.xs.to/xs123/08026/new_0015160.gif

you just wake up in the morning, have an excellent cup of italian coffee and look forward to a nice sunny saturday.

oh, wait let's check out fst. mmmh, a revolt topic, this could be interesting.

then you get scared by the ugliest avatar ever.

i feel molested.

i'm going back to bed ....

pro267
01-12-2008, 06:21 AM
What are you talking about?! That's the best avatar ever!
Excellent photoshop work, you can see it was done by a pro. :P

EDIT: In fact..

zizo85
01-12-2008, 08:20 AM
its very great forums with great community
so...........my dream to be member there:D
LOL

DanielleD87
01-12-2008, 08:58 AM
ohh don't be that way Polarbear! you know you like me and my avatar too! :D

we are a bunch of goof balls but just about everyone on revolt is here on fst too, so you don't miss much. :) oh, and don't pm me for invites. as far as i know only staff have them and I'm not staff.

That1Guy
01-12-2008, 09:05 AM
we are a bunch of goof balls but just about everyone on revolt is here on fst too, so you don't miss much.

So if I'm a member of a couple GREAT communities, am I missing anything, or would it just be another place to spam with my friends?

monk3y
01-12-2008, 09:06 AM

ja is back ?

aysomc
01-12-2008, 09:15 AM

me.

LOL

the sysop at revolt is also an admin at the same site that disabled you earlier today so i dont know how great your chances are :dabs:

pandabear
01-12-2008, 09:20 AM
LOL

the sysop at revolt is also an admin at the same site that disabled you earlier today so i dont know how great your chances are :dabs:

LOL :D That has to be one of the funniest things read on the site :P

DanielleD87
01-12-2008, 09:24 AM
me.
that is the first thing that came to my mind, but I didn't say it. lol awesome :cool:

LOL

and you added a wonderful frosted coating. I can't get enough of it! :lol:

Artemis
01-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Elegantly put aysomc, I tried to explain the same thing to messi a couple of days ago !

The Gladiator
01-12-2008, 02:15 PM
me.

LOL

Great point.... :yup:

fOrUmAs
01-12-2008, 02:21 PM
:whistling

why ppl need it ? :dry:

i dont know abouth others, but im very sure that i dont need it at all:yup:

panasonic19
01-12-2008, 02:26 PM
i needed it

that was a great thing by revtt :)

krunktastic
01-12-2008, 02:37 PM
i needed it

Fail.

Artemis
01-12-2008, 02:37 PM
i needed it

errrr it's the revolt forum being discussed here, not revtt the tracker :blink:

messi30
01-12-2008, 02:48 PM
revolt.org.uk its an great forum, its prohibited trader.

monk3y
01-12-2008, 02:53 PM
messi30 why did you post the site's url ?

Cruel
01-12-2008, 03:14 PM
its an great forum, its prohibited trader.

You're Not The Sharpest Tool In The Shed

pro267
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
messi30 why did you post the site's url ?
After long, extended research I've come to the inevitable conclusion that every member which name starts with "messi" and ends with a number is officially a cawk.

Fact.

predateur
01-12-2008, 03:57 PM
i love the p0rn section of the forum , they have many sexy girl there lol (i miss revolt :cry: )

FileZ
01-12-2008, 04:40 PM
revolt is an forum that full of spys :whistling

SAM
01-12-2008, 04:44 PM
well,
i know it's forum , good community ,very strict rules and they love privacy
there are many active members there , some of them are anti-traders .i guess all revolt members are anti-traders.
but from what i heard they are one of the best communities around.
that's good... for them :P

kyrcer
01-12-2008, 04:58 PM
It's just a forum like FST

No this not the same as FST, revolt is a legend.

1000possibleclaws
01-12-2008, 06:23 PM
whats so special about Revolt is that its extremely elitist nerds community. :P I wouldn't actually know cause I've never tried to become a member

hangemhigh
01-12-2008, 06:31 PM
you have to walk on eggshells in their forums,
tell a few jokes and your gone.

angryghost
01-12-2008, 06:33 PM
eee then i have no intention to join... im all about the fun and jokes :D

That1Guy
01-12-2008, 06:35 PM

If that is true it is definitely not for me :cool:

SgtMajor
01-12-2008, 06:40 PM

You always come out with that tired old cliche, but no matter how many times you spout that shitty one liner, it doesn't make it any truer than it was the last time you said it.

You couldn't be any further from the truth actually, but those banned from there will no doubt continue to post BS about it.

danio
01-12-2008, 06:47 PM
how do the revolt communitu look upon people that gives away invites in public? It's against the rules of most trackers so.

That1Guy
01-12-2008, 06:49 PM
You always come out with that tired old cliche, but no matter how many times you spout that shitty one liner, it doesn't make it any truer than it was the last time you said it.

You couldn't be any further from the truth actually, but those banned from there will no doubt continue to post BS about it.

Thanks for clearing that up ;)

thebazzla
01-12-2008, 07:00 PM

If that is true it is definitely not for me :cool:oh i don't know seems like a fun place to be :)

Polarbear
01-12-2008, 07:06 PM
many of the people talking about revolt in this thread have never been a member there or were banned for good reasons.

everyone who respects tracker rules, is interested in intelligent discussions or just wants to have fun with a good sense of humour can join revolt.

nobody is elitist there. freedom of speech is everything. every member can speak their mind and i never met more friendly and helpful people in any other filesharing related forum.

so guys:

-if you don't know what you are talking about.
-if you just heard rumors
-if you were banned, because you could not behave there or on other trackers

do me a favor and be quiet.

or at least have the decency to make clear that your statments are based on what you've heard and not what you know.

_coder_
01-12-2008, 07:13 PM

From my personal preference everyone at revolt is down to earth, no one is afraid to speak their mind. Nearly in every single thread someone cracks a joke or two and further more everyone is open minded.

So please care to elaborate on your statement...

That1Guy
01-12-2008, 07:13 PM
everyone who respects tracker rules, is interested in intelligent discussions or just wants to have fun with a good sense of humour can join revolt.

Oh yeah :naughty: j/k......or am I?

pro267
01-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Gotta love those spammers/traders coming back to slander the sites they were kicked from.

1000possibleclaws
01-12-2008, 07:23 PM

Gotta love those spammers/traders coming back to slander the sites they were kicked from.

^^ elitist nerds :lol:

kallieb
01-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Belonging to different sites is all about preference and personal fit. I enjoy posting on Revolt for reasons that make sense to me. If your bent is torrenting only, or your idea of good repartie is..."i like it 2" than Revolt would be a waste of your time and you'd likely not bother visiting much. All I can suggest is, don't bash what you either don't know, or were banned from because you chose to break the tracker rules.

SaviouR
01-12-2008, 07:45 PM
many of the people talking about revolt in this thread have never been a member there or were banned for good reasons.

nobody is elitist there. freedom of speech is everything. every member can speak their mind and i never met more friendly and helpful people in any other filesharing related forum.

so guys:

or at least have the decency to make clear that your statments are based on what you've heard and not what you know.

not wanting to argue or fight with u , but how do you know that the person/s who may not like a particular site are not in the site itself ? are u a Sysop in all sites ?

how on earth do u judge that almost everyone critisizing a site is almost sure to be a banned member .

do u mean to say that just becos a particular site is a omfg!!-uber-secretz0rz site it is bound to have a good community and everybody a part of that site HAS to love to community by force or show some fake love in public forum like FST , and if they are not , they are banned or not a part of the tracker ???

also as u said u personally have said its a very a friendly site . Fine .
so u mean to say that everyone will have the same feeling as u have just becos u personally felt its the best ???

and why should they do u a favor and be quiet just becos u dont agree to their point ? u aint the ruler of the world , u know . They have their own opinions as well , whatever it maybe.

DanielleD87
01-12-2008, 08:39 PM
if someone was telling blunt and obvious lies wouldn't you want to inform others who do not know anything what is the truth and what isn't?

i don't know about banned people telling lies, but I do in fact know that on revolt I'm not afraid to speak my mind. I've said one or two immature things there and had no negative consequences. If I would have on other sites I would have had consequences, except me noticing my mistakes and feeling bad for it on my own time.

Diiyad
01-12-2008, 08:42 PM

so guys:

not wanting to argue or fight with u , but how do you know that the person/s who may not like a particular site are not in the site itself ? are u a Sysop in all sites ?

how on earth do u judge that almost everyone critisizing a site is almost sure to be a banned member .

do u mean to say that just becos a particular site is a omfg!!-uber-secretz0rz site it is bound to have a good community and everybody a part of that site HAS to love to community by force or show some fake love in public forum like FST , and if they are not , they are banned or not a part of the tracker ???

also as u said u personally have said its a very a friendly site . Fine .
so u mean to say that everyone will have the same feeling as u have just becos u personally felt its the best ???

and why should they do u a favor and be quiet just becos u dont agree to their point ? u aint the ruler of the world , u know . They have their own opinions as well , whatever it maybe.

+Rep

Hunim
01-12-2008, 09:10 PM
it's all about the pr0n man!

they have special pr0n there!

never heard about ReVolt pr0n?

;)

magushun
01-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Well, Im still interested whats going inside, if the ppl there is really that mature as many of you have said, it sounds interesting.

DanielleD87
01-12-2008, 09:26 PM
nothing secret just a lot of people goofing off like any other bt forum. *rolls eyes* like the farting thread.

Artemis
01-12-2008, 09:55 PM
@ saviour, I know polarbear can be belligerent at times (he was dropped on his head as a baby) but what he is saying in this case is true.
The basic value in revolt is quality, i.e. put your brain in gear before posting, not +1, gl , sup ....etc posts all the time.
Hangemhigh always comes into every revolt thread and says the same thing like a broken record because he signed up when there was an open sign up awhile ago , but cannot accept the fact that all new users are reviewed by staff and with his obvious trading history his ass was grass, and prefers to blame it on the fact that you have to walk on eggshells in the forum.
To give you a more accurate idea of this little torrent side story there were 500 open signups, but there were a large amount of duplicate a/c's created for trading, and for various other reasons including 'active' trading and simply incredibly stupid spam posts most of the signups (including hangemhigh) were banned, now this naturally has created some bad feeling, but that is life, the members of revolt simply want a certain type of user in their forum and prefer to select the members.

SAM
01-12-2008, 11:50 PM
as i said before, they like privacy , they oppose trading and they don't like fst invite section's giveaway.
they just some people choose to make a forum where they can discuss everything but in their own way.
i guess, we should leave them alone.
another thing,
if you don't like anti-traders
if you like to giveaway invites
if you like to give away accounts
if you like to joke all the time
revolt isn't your place ;)

Artemis
01-13-2008, 12:02 AM
errrrr.... wrong about the joking:cool:

http://xs123.xs.to/xs123/08020/chicken1248.jpg (http://xs.to)

I know coz mr. chicken told me so :-D

DanielleD87
01-13-2008, 12:16 AM
i thought anti-traders liked to receive invites for free from giveaways and such not from friends. i wouldn't consider revolt anti-trader related at all. i would consider it anti anti-trader, yet i might not entirely understand what anti-trader means so that might be the problem.

also, you are very much wrong about jokes :)

Artemis
01-13-2008, 12:18 AM
isn't anti- anti a double negative ? :whistling

LaPistola
01-13-2008, 12:30 AM
errrrr.... wrong about the joking:cool:

I know coz mr. chicken told me so :-D

Really... the Italian Pussy told me :P

SAM
01-13-2008, 12:41 AM
anti-traders are very active group which has in their ranks some of nicest members here .they oppose trading ,hate account giveaways ,like to flame traders :)
for all of this , you may find some of them in revolt .

kallieb
01-13-2008, 01:08 AM
My favourite chicken!!!

That chicken should serve as in inspiration to us all. Consider the lowly chicken, presumed to be granted no more higher standing in life than to just walk around, peck, and indulge us when we have a KFC craving.

But stick a giant rocket up it's ass, and it's now raised to exalted heights, his reach now exceeds his grasp. This is entirely motivational.

Welcome to Revolt....;)

Cruel
01-13-2008, 01:23 AM
But stick a giant rocket up it's ass, and it's now raised to exalted heights, his reach now exceeds his grasp. This is entirely motivational.

Welcome to Revolt....;)

So Revolt is bascially getting stuff up in the ass?

DanielleD87
01-13-2008, 01:25 AM
bravo kallie! I think this is the best explanation of the revolt community I've ever read. heheheheh :D

edit: cruel, no. more along the lines of you can take something normal and make it awesomely funny? go above and beyond.

SgtMajor
01-13-2008, 01:29 AM

Welcome to Revolt....;)

Well no one dare pick up the dropped soap in the Revolt communal showers, that's just asking for it!

fatcat69
01-13-2008, 01:33 AM

Well no one dare pick up the dropped soap in the Revolt communal showers, that's just asking for it!

http://www.rrruploader.com/files/61/6exscpy.jpg

aysomc
01-13-2008, 02:06 AM
thats not a trap, thats a good time!!!

so gay.

DanielleD87
01-13-2008, 02:25 AM
:lol:

*goes and gets her strap-on* muahahhhahha!

kallieb
01-13-2008, 02:25 AM
ahhhh....A little glimpse of revolt heaven.:lol::lol::lol:

You either get it or you don't.

Nothing more I need to say.

Artemis
01-13-2008, 02:27 AM
is there something your not telling us fatcat ? :ghey: :ghey: :whistling

kallieb
01-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Oh Fatcat...That's so nice of you to share your personal photos with us. Is that you in the front, or...er...the back.

Do tell!!

fatcat69
01-13-2008, 02:49 AM
Oh Fatcat...That's so nice of you to share your personal photos with us. Is that you in the front, or...er...the back.

Do tell!!
artemis beat ya to it...

artemis: i was just warning people...

Im not a hockey player...
http://www.oilfans.com/gallery/images/HHcrosby.jpg

symphonyx
01-13-2008, 03:09 AM
RevolutionTT is opened for registrations.

Quote from the message

"Please note this is only from 12.00 G.M.T Friday 11th January 2008 to Sunday 13th January 2008 00.00 G.M.T. It is a limited time offer and also a user limit has been imposed so as to ensure we do not get flooded!"

So don't miss your chance, it is the only time of the year that they will allow signups. Good luck

fatcat69
01-13-2008, 03:14 AM

Quote from the message

"Please note this is only from 12.00 G.M.T Friday 11th January 2008 to Sunday 13th January 2008 00.00 G.M.T. It is a limited time offer and also a user limit has been imposed so as to ensure we do not get flooded!"

So don't miss your chance, it is the only time of the year that they will allow signups. Good luck

This thread isnt about revtt, its about revolt

whitmar
01-13-2008, 03:15 AM

What does this have to do with a thread about Revolt?

th0r
01-13-2008, 03:20 AM
some people confuse revolt with revolutiontt

linkin.park
01-13-2008, 04:16 AM
:lol::lol:

orfik
01-13-2008, 05:24 AM
You kids and your forums. :happy:

Go outside! :lol:

pandabear
01-13-2008, 06:02 AM

:lol: Those damn forums.

Artemis
01-13-2008, 06:21 AM
Actually if anyone is interested a review was done of revolt awhile ago:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-revolt-screen-and-brief-review-198792 (http://revolt.org.uk/redir.php?redir=http%3A%2F%2Ffilesharingtalk.com%2Fvb3%2Ff-bittorrent-invites-90%2Ft-revolt-screen-and-brief-review-198792)

fatcat69
01-13-2008, 06:22 AM

Correct me if Im wrong, but if there are naked ladies in there, wouldnt we want to go in? That is, if you are a ladies man...(good movie btw)

http://www.cartelia.net/fotos/l/ladiesman.jpg

monk3y
01-13-2008, 07:34 AM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-revolt-screen-and-brief-review-198792 (http://revolt.org.uk/redir.php?redir=http%3A%2F%2Ffilesharingtalk.com%2Fvb3%2Ff-bittorrent-invites-90%2Ft-revolt-screen-and-brief-review-198792)

it's clear you copied that link from revolt forums :)
btw does the donate button still have this look-alike oink icon ?

Artemis
01-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Unusual question but yes the donate icon is still a pig but nothing to do with OiNK :D

Polarbear
01-13-2008, 07:43 AM
worth a quote:

I ought to point out something, that most here seem to be missing...

It is not the size of the forum that counts. Admittedly, FST is way bigger than Revolt. It is the knowledge base that is at the core of the forum, and this is where Revolt will leave FST standing.

The core members at Revolt have been filesharing for many years. Amongst their numbers are long term uploaders, coders, established administrators and moderators, and many people who remember the very first torrent sites going back to the turn of the millennium.

With a knowledge base like that, who needs wikipedia???

fatcat69
01-13-2008, 07:45 AM

fixed:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-revolt-screen-and-brief-review-post2089047/postcount1

If you have five dollars and Chuck Norris has five dollars, Chuck Norris has more money than you.

monk3y
01-13-2008, 07:51 AM

fixed:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-revolt-screen-and-brief-review-post2089047/postcount1

If you have five dollars and Chuck Norris has five dollars, Chuck Norris has more money than you.

if you are a fat cat and chuck norris is a fat cat chuck norris is thiner then you :whistling

fatcat69
01-13-2008, 08:13 AM
fixed:

if you are a fat cat and chuck norris is a fat cat chuck norris is thiner then you :whistling

Yes
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg109/knightowl619/fatcat.jpg

bikernin
01-13-2008, 03:16 PM
fatcat : i must give it to you. you have the talent to turn any thread into a spam thread :D

fatcat69
01-13-2008, 03:25 PM
fatcat : i must give it to you. you have the talent to turn any thread into a spam thread :D

we have a new partner in crime too, he did that pic for me lol:lol:

0Ri0N
01-13-2008, 03:33 PM
REVOLT is special cause has special members inside.

Polarbear
01-13-2008, 05:09 PM

right on brother, you got it! :lol:

_coder_
01-13-2008, 05:19 PM

I is special because I is part of teh Revolt community.

:yahoo:

DanielleD87
01-13-2008, 06:31 PM
woo hoo for the special buss!! :D

SgtMajor
01-13-2008, 06:41 PM
/me jumps aboard, the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round...........

Cruel
01-13-2008, 06:46 PM
woo hoo for the special buss!! :D

Well... special can also be "special" :shifty:

soulreaper
01-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Yea,make it a level 10 forum(whatever that means) and the members in it become even more special.
No wait,i've got an idea.Let's make a forum with about 50 members in it and allocate invites to members who have 1000+ posts.We would be royalty then i'm sure.

Polarbear
01-13-2008, 06:55 PM
ladies and gentlemen, l have the great honor to introduce "the specials".

with revolt founder ****** in the middle.

http://xs123.xs.to/xs123/08020/specials_470x350130.jpg

names are stared out for privacy reasons :cool:

p.s. picture was taken 1979 when revolt went online on a small elite university network in the north of england.

DanielleD87
01-13-2008, 06:55 PM
lol Polarbear that is awesome! :D

why are people so obsessed with rarity? why not just interact with groups you enjoy being around? I hate elitist bs, and the worse part about it is in multiple groups i'm part of in rl and online can be considered elitist. I hate that because I try to be accepting of everyone and I am more then the average person, which completely contradicts everything about my 'elitist' ways.

i can tell you there are many groups I am part of that are not considered rare or elitist and I like being apart of them just as much as any of the 'elitist' groups. Why not just be happy hanging out with who you want to be around?

soulreaper
01-13-2008, 07:02 PM
lol Polarbear that is awesome! :D

why are people so obsessed with rarity? why not just interact with groups you enjoy being around? I hate elitist bs, and the worse part about it is in multiple groups i'm part of in rl and online can be considered elitist. I hate that because I try to be accepting of everyone and I am more then the average person, which completely contradicts everything about my 'elitist' ways.

i can tell you there are many groups I am part of that are not considered rare or elitist and I like being apart of them just as much as any of the 'elitist' groups. Why not just be happy hanging out with who you want to be around?

Danielle, i agree.I was being sarcastic though(sure you picked it).How special can a forum be? I think FST is a special forum!
PS:-I'm on FST,thus i'm special.W00t!Let's celebrate!

DanielleD87
01-13-2008, 07:06 PM
yes but fst is a special olympic type of special... :(

SgtMajor
01-13-2008, 07:10 PM
/me logs out of FST before I am noticed

soulreaper
01-13-2008, 07:28 PM
yes but fst is a special olympic type of special... :(

lulz,sort of.Honestly i like a forum which is very active and ppl are allowed to speak freely without having the fear of getting banned.Waffles is an example as the staff there is fairly laid back.

Artemis
01-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Ah well back on track, there is no ban-hammer hovering at revolt, there was after an open signup was conducted as an experiment. The forum wanted new members but criteria were set before the signup was started, they were simple no spam (like a tracker when you upload a certain amount revolt has different access based on the number of posts) . People saw that a certain number of posts had to be met and went nuts resurrecting 4 year old threads with comments like 'yah' 'lulz' '+1' and general moronic spam, and guess what, they got their ass banned. It is simple it is about the quality of the spam at revolt, in other words healthy discussion. Everyones opinion is respected and you can speak far more freely about yourself and your experiences because it is a 'community'. But it is a closed community that prefers to choose its members.
In another thread a poster was asking about the 'recruiters' , the people who recruit for revolt are existing members who recommend others that they believe would be an asset to the community based on what they have to say, it is that simple and new members are being recommended all the time, the staff then look into their post history and decide. It is the staffs forum and they are the ones who decide who they want, so if you fit what they are looking for as a member of the community they will come calling.
Unfortunately when the open signup was on there were a massive amount of dupe a/c's created for trading purposes as well, so it has been decided thanks to the huge amount of people who tried to trade that there won't be any open signups again (at least for a very long time ).
In no way though is revolt in the least elitist, it is a group of like minded people who discuss freely, and you can be far more free with your opinions than anywhere else I am a member of. I hope this post encourages people, revolt is not mysterious it is private but it is a huge amount of fun. There are some that don't fit, there are quite a few who were banned and harbor ill feeling because of this, but such is life move on, most who were banned were cheating the rules of the forum anyway, but for those who do wish to belong, simply be an open honest community person and revolt will come calling.

DanielleD87
01-14-2008, 01:49 AM
Artemis, do you think I fit?

SgtMajor
01-14-2008, 01:53 AM

/sexist remark follows.

In Ali G voice "I fink you is well fit"

Sorry.

Polarbear
01-14-2008, 01:54 AM
of course you do sweetheart.

now stop looking for an e-boyfriend. :P

DanielleD87
01-14-2008, 01:56 AM
lol i'm not!
i have a girlfriend in rl :blushing:

edit: well kind of. we where together, but then there was some complications. she had to go to the hospital and money issues so she went back with her family half way across the country. we where together for 3 months and now it has been about 6 months of us apart which is right around the time I joined bt stuff. My life has been kind of crappy recently. First my ex. I was with him for 3 and a half years, then her.. i dunno.

Polarbear
01-14-2008, 02:02 AM
lol i'm not!
i have a girlfriend in rl :blushing:

edit: well kind of. we where together, but then there was some complications. she had to go to the hospital and money issues so she went back with her family half way across the country. we where together for 3 months and now it has been about 6 months of us apart which is right around the time I joined bt stuff. My life has been kind of crappy recently. First my ex. I was with him for 3 and a half years, then her.. i dunno.

you see guys, that's what i told you about in the invite section :naughty:

DanielleD87
01-14-2008, 02:23 AM
wtf does that mean? O.o

Artemis
01-14-2008, 02:39 AM
of course you fit in bunny, but ummmm.............. wasn't that other post in the wrong forum ? :whistling

DanielleD87
01-14-2008, 02:43 AM
lol, of course not. everyone wants to know about me. i'm that super and self centered, so why not use any excuse I can to talk about myself? :P

fatcat69
01-14-2008, 02:49 AM
Ah well back on track, there is no ban-hammer hovering at revolt, there was after an open signup was conducted as an experiment. The forum wanted new members but criteria were set before the signup was started, they were simple no spam (like a tracker when you upload a certain amount revolt has different access based on the number of posts) . People saw that a certain number of posts had to be met and went nuts resurrecting 4 year old threads with comments like 'yah' 'lulz' '+1' and general moronic spam, and guess what, they got their ass banned. It is simple it is about the quality of the spam at revolt, in other words healthy discussion. Everyones opinion is respected and you can speak far more freely about yourself and your experiences because it is a 'community'. But it is a closed community that prefers to choose its members.
In another thread a poster was asking about the 'recruiters' , the people who recruit for revolt are existing members who recommend others that they believe would be an asset to the community based on what they have to say, it is that simple and new members are being recommended all the time, the staff then look into their post history and decide. It is the staffs forum and they are the ones who decide who they want, so if you fit what they are looking for as a member of the community they will come calling.
Unfortunately when the open signup was on there were a massive amount of dupe a/c's created for trading purposes as well, so it has been decided thanks to the huge amount of people who tried to trade that there won't be any open signups again (at least for a very long time ).
In no way though is revolt in the least elitist, it is a group of like minded people who discuss freely, and you can be far more free with your opinions than anywhere else I am a member of. I hope this post encourages people, revolt is not mysterious it is private but it is a huge amount of fun. There are some that don't fit, there are quite a few who were banned and harbor ill feeling because of this, but such is life move on, most who were banned were cheating the rules of the forum anyway, but for those who do wish to belong, simply be an open honest community person and revolt will come calling.

Sorry To be eligible for the FST scholarship, your essay must be shorter then 500 words. Yours was 502.

Please resubmit your application essay to my secretary

FST Scholarship Commitee Head.

http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/L10811722.jpg

jam0980tr
01-14-2008, 02:56 AM
fatcat69 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/fatcat69-183252) nices chick

Artemis
01-14-2008, 03:05 AM
I will gladly change my name to FST Scholarship Commitee, I just want the head :naughty::naughty::naughty::whistling

fatcat69
01-14-2008, 04:32 AM
I will gladly change my name to FST Scholarship Commitee, I just want the head :naughty::naughty::naughty::whistling

:lol: nicely done.

DanielleD87
01-14-2008, 04:42 AM
now now boys :lol:

ghurka
01-14-2008, 01:38 PM
I think what makes Revolt so special is having the right people there, people you can trust and generally chat about anything you like (within reason). You can pour your heart out and get a sympathetic ear, ask for advice on any topic and you'll get it or just go there because you enjoy it.

There are many different types of members there but that makes it all more interesting but the one thing they have in common is that they all fit in there.

There are some members here that I have no doubt will fit in and may be invited in the future but most of those who have asked to join Revolt clearly would not fit in. Just accept that you are not going to get in there no matter how many times you ask. If you were suitable you would have been in there by now.

SAM
01-14-2008, 06:02 PM
why don't we close this thread ?
i guess we all know by now what's special about revolt and revolter ?
they like to speak alot :)

supper
01-14-2008, 06:10 PM
why don't we close this thread ?
i guess we all know by now what's special about revolt and revolter ?
they like to speak alot :)and why we should close this thread?

its interested thread and i belive there is so many ppl still have questions or still have not readed this so keep it up or maybe need to know more

SAM
01-14-2008, 09:59 PM
more ,they say all they can say

pandabear
01-15-2008, 05:29 AM

Personally i think if sites wish to escape the elitest tags, they should have a sort of application for access to the site kinda of thing, where you prove you are already a good member on other sites, and staff checks your application. Only problem is the sheer number of applications likely to be flooded in, maybe some sort of nomination system from current users before you can fill in application ?

soulreaper
01-15-2008, 05:56 AM
Personally i think if sites wish to escape the elitest tags, they should have a sort of application for access to the site kinda of thing, where you prove you are already a good member on other sites, and staff checks your application. Only problem is the sheer number of applications likely to be flooded in, maybe some sort of nomination system from current users before you can fill in application ?

AOM follows such a system.If an existing member wants his friend to join then that "friend" needs to be well informed about magic related stuff.This is because when an invite is sent,the invitee has to fill up an application which will be evaluated by the staff and this takes about a month.

Slightly offtopic but thats why it was a big surprise when the signups opened.

pandabear
01-15-2008, 06:15 AM
Yea similar to AOM, without the need to have an invite. Or have invites really easy to get, ie you need to have x amount of good posts, or however they do it in revolt.

aysomc
01-15-2008, 07:02 AM
the recruiters at revolt are picky about the things they want to see before inviting someone so having applications will just make them work all day looking at shitty applications. its fine the way it is now, if you're a deserving member who wants it you'll get it eventually.

mike160
01-15-2008, 07:23 AM
the best :D:D:D:D:D

wheeloftime
01-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Not somewhere I have ever thought about joining and I'm quite sure I'd never be asked, but I think if like-minded people want to get together and discuss things in a private forum then good luck to them.

Synaptic
01-15-2008, 01:39 PM
I joined during open signup ...
I'll keep SCC ...

SAM
01-15-2008, 04:59 PM
I joined during open signup ...
I'll keep SCC ...

good for you :whistling

signalearth
01-16-2008, 05:07 AM
and here we go again...:lol:

AnestesiaGeral
01-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Nothing special about revolt. We only trade stamps there and pie recipes.

FACE_TO_FACE
01-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Nothing special about revolt. We only trade stamps there and pie recipes.

:yup:

sokrates
01-16-2008, 09:44 AM
well i think the amount of advertisement for revolt is special here at fst :P (people putting it in their sigs (dreaming xD), invite request threads.. and Artemis^^)

monk3y
01-16-2008, 11:32 AM
well i think the amount of advertisement for revolt is special here at fst :P (people putting it in their sigs (dreaming xD), invite request threads.. and Artemis^^)

i wouldn't call it a dream, a dream is something like "i have a dream to become a famous singer" "my dream is to be rich" and not "my dream is revolt" :pinch:
i think you got my point, it would be nice entering a place that everybody talking about with only good words.:shifty:

SAM
01-16-2008, 11:41 AM
they use bad words too :)

thebazzla
01-16-2008, 11:52 AM
they use bad words too :)not bad words shock horror next you will be telling us that they are all human :)

AnestesiaGeral
01-16-2008, 12:00 PM
^^ Human?? No way!!

I've seen some sick rabbits there. Oh, once I also saw a monkey asking for ice cream.

Stay away!

dinko
01-16-2008, 12:24 PM
^^ Human?? No way!!

I've seen some sick rabbits there. Oh, once I also saw a monkey asking for ice cream.

Stay away!

after seeing - wht u did ? fulfilled his wish of ice cream :ermm:

AnestesiaGeral
01-16-2008, 12:31 PM
No way!

I just run for my life!

People there are sick!

monk3y
01-16-2008, 12:33 PM
tf people started talking about ice creams here ?!