PDA

View Full Version : Done.

orfik
01-12-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm a member of every site I have any interest in being a member of. For anyone hunting "high-level" sites, I'll tell you like someone told me, the answer probably isn't the invite forum. Also, kindness is easier than trading. Sounds kinda gay, but it's true. It actually sounds pretty gay. Shit.

That1Guy
01-12-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm a member of every site I have any interest in being a member of. For anyone hunting "high-level" sites, I'll tell you like someone told me, the answer probably isn't the invite forum. Also, kindness is easier than trading. Sounds kinda gay, but it's true. It actually sounds pretty gay. Shit.

Nice to hear someone say that :) (not the gay part :lol:)

I too am very content with what I have :)

Totti
01-12-2008, 09:26 AM
and what's the point of this thread ?:dabs:

th0r
01-12-2008, 09:27 AM
i stopped joining trackers too (although i do get invites to newer ones to help with their designs), but i still post here for pure entertainment

berserk1980
01-12-2008, 09:30 AM
thanks so much for your great advice.

pandabear
01-12-2008, 09:34 AM
I will never be done, as long as there are more sites to join to extend me e-peen.

That1Guy
01-12-2008, 09:36 AM
but i still post here for pure entertainment

yeah for me fst is either :lol: or :frusty:

orfik
01-12-2008, 09:41 AM
and what's the point of this thread ?:dabs:

To share some good advice I'd received on this forum, smart ass.

horiZen
01-12-2008, 10:05 AM
must admit that i'm in a similar situation,,,member of many,many top trackers some going back 4years
struggle to keep presence in some communities but somehow have managed to keep them all going,,lol

Vidde
01-12-2008, 11:35 AM
What was... gay about that? :p

-Vidde

BamZow
01-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Guess what Iīm tired of?
As soon I post here that I have UK-T or another high level, people immediately start PMīng me wanting to be my best friends.
It have never ever happened anyone PM:ed me for discussion of a subject in a thread or anything else, but guess what happens everytime I show off UK-T & Ftwr?

So my tip is, donīt get on peoples nerves, just trade for it or wait untill someone with an invite contacts you.

REMEMBER: If you earn an invite, an invite will come to you!

whitmar
01-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Great advice, orfik. I especially hope the ambitious n00bs notice.

ps: I love your avatar :naughty:

Artemis
01-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Guess what Iīm tired of?
As soon I post here that I have UK-T or another high level, people immediately start PMīng me wanting to be my best friends.
It have never ever happened anyone PM:ed me for discussion of a subject in a thread or anything else, but guess what happens everytime I show off UK-T & Ftwr?

So my tip is, donīt get on peoples nerves, just trade for it or wait untill someone with an invite contacts you.

REMEMBER: If you earn an invite, an invite will come to you!

so don't show off ! :naughty::naughty::naughty::whistling

magushun
01-12-2008, 02:08 PM
bamzow lol. just lol. you show off that you are a member of a tracker cos you want noobies to ask you for an invite, and ask if they can suck your epenis, just stop being hypocrite, thanks

fOrUmAs
01-12-2008, 02:25 PM
I'll tell you like someone told me, the answer probably isn't the invite forum. Also, kindness is easier than trading.

wow u have discover the world:ermm:

:happy:

buggyfresh
01-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Glad to hear you've reached nirvana! :D

Actatoi
01-12-2008, 04:01 PM

-Vidde

Nothing really. I guess orfik is a little insecure.

Gish
01-12-2008, 04:54 PM
this kindness people talk about is BS. how will you earn an invite to a top site if you don't ask? how will it just come to you. I see good members here at fst asking for invites. do they deserve it? yes.. do they get it no. I'm sure some people have just gotten it without asking but it's very rare. but they have more of a chance by asking politely than not asking at all.
no one with FTN or ScT or what have you are going to just approach a member for no reason and give out of the kindness of their heart. this is what drive people to trade. do I trade no! do I think trading is right no! but it seems the only way for people to get any thing and thats sad.

Cruel
01-12-2008, 05:02 PM
It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice? :)

C-mos
01-12-2008, 05:12 PM
i agree with orfik :)
it's better to be kind
i don;t need trackers or something
i have a few invites on good trackers and as i said in another opic ..if someone really need something i'll pm him for email :)

chillincool
01-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Yeah, it's important to ask. Your best friend in the world could be registered at every torrent site and have infinite invites, but probably wouldn't give you any without you asking for them.

pandabear
01-12-2008, 08:27 PM
The first thing you do when you make a new friend, is pm them asking what invites they have. It's standard procedure.

th0r
01-12-2008, 08:44 PM
i hate my friends ;/

Diiyad
01-12-2008, 08:45 PM

You got into IP Torrents? :O

SgtMajor
01-12-2008, 08:46 PM
i hate my friends ;/

PM send.

DanielleD87
01-12-2008, 08:55 PM
how will you earn an invite to a top site if you don't ask? how will it just come to you
you obviously know little to nothing. I do admit I've asked for sites, or sometimes I'll bring up a site curiously and get offered an invite, but the best sites are always the ones I get invited to and don't know I'm being invited or where to until I get the email, or the addline request.

sure sometimes asking can be helpful, but usually it is more negative then positive and I always feel incredibly rude asking for something.

orfik
01-12-2008, 09:02 PM
this kindness people talk about is BS. how will you earn an invite to a top site if you don't ask? how will it just come to you. I see good members here at fst asking for invites. do they deserve it? yes.. do they get it no. I'm sure some people have just gotten it without asking but it's very rare. but they have more of a chance by asking politely than not asking at all.
no one with FTN or ScT or what have you are going to just approach a member for no reason and give out of the kindness of their heart. this is what drive people to trade. do I trade no! do I think trading is right no! but it seems the only way for people to get any thing and thats sad.

Kindness and asking aren't mutually exclusive, but your post brings up an interesting issue: This new generation of file sharers seems to lack conversational skill. I don't come here to give away invites because the people who ask often seem like either automatons or scam artists. I have to assume that most of them aren't, but they're so used to the routine of soliciting everyone they see for invites that they forget to talk to people. It's a simple fact that people want to help people they like. It's nothing for a friend to give you an invite to a high-level tracker -- it makes them happy. It's not about what works -- every method works given enough patience -- it's about what's best for the community and the individual in the long run.

Anyway, sorry to get preachy, I was just surprised at how many cool people I met once I left the invite forum. :happy:

-Vidde

Nothing really. I guess orfik is a little insecure.

Is sarcasm off in this forum?

Actatoi
01-12-2008, 09:28 PM

I ask that right back at you :P

orfik
01-12-2008, 09:35 PM

I ask that right back at you :P
:lol:

Torn
01-12-2008, 09:37 PM
The world revolves around networking.

Figure that out and you'll be set for life; no matter your goal.

Cruel
01-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Yeah, it's important to ask. Your best friend in the world could be registered at every torrent site and have infinite invites, but probably wouldn't give you any without you asking for them.

The worst thing is my IRL friends are often the ones I consider last for invites since I know they don't care about ratio and such things (I will say community cause it would be clihée) like me.

orfik
01-13-2008, 12:22 AM
Same. That's why I try to make friends within the community.

Scavenger
01-13-2008, 01:56 AM
That doesn't sounds gay. :p

It's the true...

whitmar
01-13-2008, 03:31 AM
Kindness and asking aren't mutually exclusive, but your post brings up an interesting issue: This new generation of file sharers seems to lack conversational skill. I don't come here to give away invites because the people who ask often seem like either automatons or scam artists. I have to assume that most of them aren't, but they're so used to the routine of soliciting everyone they see for invites that they forget to talk to people. It's a simple fact that people want to help people they like. It's nothing for a friend to give you an invite to a high-level tracker -- it makes them happy. It's not about what works -- every method works given enough patience -- it's about what's best for the community and the individual in the long run.

Anyway, sorry to get preachy, I was just surprised at how many cool people I met once I left the invite forum. :happy:

You're not getting preachy at all. You are very eloquently stating some true principles that I wish everyone in the invites section could read.

pandabear
01-13-2008, 05:36 AM
sure sometimes asking can be helpful, but usually it is more negative then positive and I always feel incredibly rude asking for something.

Wow they must not be good friends then. I don't mind a friend starting up an msn convo with do you have an invite to blah, or can you download blah from me, as i don't mind just asking a friend for an invite. even with good friends, sometimes you don't realise until you ask. Like i knew this guy for about a year, and the whole time assumed that he had no sct invites, since everyone else i asked didn't have them. But when i asked him recently, it turned out he had 3 invites. Moral of the story, set up some sort of mass pm system to pm all your friend periodically asking whether they have invites to any trackers.

lostdemon
01-13-2008, 05:48 AM
Pandabear don't you think that sending a mass pm to your friends will push them away knowing that every so many days/weeks you'll be asking for invites? Thats kinda like people getting mad or tired of trackers asking for donations all the time? Don't mean any disrespect to you and in no way trying to make you look stupid just something I was wondering is all. Is there anyone else who feels like panda? Or am I the one looking at this all wrong?

th0r
01-13-2008, 05:56 AM
i agree with pandabear; i've known the person who invited me to ftn and sct since the days of et, and when we talk, we still ask each other for invites, discuss communities, and laugh about drama within the bittorrent scene. however, if you just made a new friend, it might be a little awkward to ask them for an invite

it never hurts to ask a good friend; if it does, get new friends

pandabear
01-13-2008, 06:00 AM
I guess this is my fault, i did not attach :P to signify i was joking. So yea i was just kidding with the last part. But the real point of my post is, you don't know what your friends have until you ask them. For all you know, your good friend who you never talk about bt with, is actually in every site.

lostdemon
01-13-2008, 06:08 AM
I was asking because this is the first forum I've been a member of if any of you don't already know by reading any of my previous post and come to really like this community even thoughI don't really know anyone here thats why I am always on everyday, even at work sometimes. Only friends I have are ones I see all the time never had any online ones thats why I thought it might be a little weird. Still fairly new to forums

orfik
01-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Humor is difficult on the internet.

orfik
01-13-2008, 09:38 AM

marksman
01-13-2008, 09:45 AM
same here..my days of collecting trackers are pretty over..pretty happy with what i got at the point.

t0mmy
01-13-2008, 09:55 AM

people are difficult on the internet :)

anyway its a huge feat to able to acheive what you set out for, hope you now enjoy the good life

http://thumbnail.search.aolcdn.com/truveo/images/thumbnails/01/2F/012F5070C34E57_Large.jpg

BamZow
01-13-2008, 11:08 AM
bamzow lol. just lol. you show off that you are a member of a tracker cos you want noobies to ask you for an invite, and ask if they can suck your epenis, just stop being hypocrite, thanks

If someone asks for something regarding one of the high levels, I should be able to answer him in the thread without beeing overrun by PMīs from shitty newbs not even knowing the urls to the sites they are begging for. Thatīs not showing off.