PDA

View Full Version : Need to contact someone

monk3y
01-12-2008, 11:13 AM
I was wondering if there is anyway of contacting the Revolt recruiters on irc / mail or any other way.
thanks for your help :pinch:

Artemis
01-12-2008, 01:33 PM
revolt recruiters ? there are staff who are members here but pm'ing them for an invite is a fatal mistake.

monk3y
01-12-2008, 01:38 PM
revolt recruiters ? there are staff who are members here but pm'ing them for an invite is a fatal mistake.

there are people who's job on revolt is to recruit new users.:huh:

BamZow
01-12-2008, 01:48 PM

I bet if they need/want you, they will contact you

Artemis
01-12-2008, 01:49 PM
will the mystery recruiters please stand up :blink:

monk3y
01-12-2008, 01:55 PM

yea yea i know the, don't call us we call you thing but hey i thought i'll give it a shot and try talk to one of them. and maybe they are not looking in the right places :fist:

pandabear
01-12-2008, 08:33 PM
If you need to ask for an invite there, then well... you're not getting one.

monk3y
01-12-2008, 09:35 PM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :unsure:

fazzy07
01-12-2008, 10:02 PM

yea yea i know the, don't call us we call you thing but hey i thought i'll give it a shot and try talk to one of them. and maybe they are not looking in the right places :fist:

They have got plenty of good users there.
Do something good and maybe it will maybe catch their attention

pro267
01-12-2008, 10:12 PM

If I could give you only one advice it would have to be that "Ahhhh" threads are not helping your cause. If your quality stands out then you may have a chance at some point in the future.

Oh, and don't trade. That's a no-no on Revolt.

supper
01-12-2008, 10:15 PM
are there even invite system :unsure:

DanielleD87
01-12-2008, 11:00 PM
what does it matter to you supper?

supper
01-12-2008, 11:05 PM
what does it matter to you supper?no matter we just have a littel chit chat here if u dont wanna say then its ok:D

DanielleD87
01-12-2008, 11:24 PM
if you give a reason to know then maybe someone will answer you.

supper
01-13-2008, 01:05 AM
if you give a reason to know then maybe someone will answer you.well it was simple question i wanted simple answer in return but if u need a reason i can say coz of curiosity for example

Artemis
01-13-2008, 02:59 AM
If I could give you only one advice it would have to be that "Ahhhh" threads are not helping your cause. If your quality stands out then you may have a chance at some point in the future.

I think pro's post sort of sums it up supper................. :yup:

supper
01-13-2008, 03:13 AM

I think pro's post sort of sums it up supper................. :yup::unsure:.....and supper dont like any one to judge on him about he deserve invite or not and i dont like to begging or acting like anti trader to get one thats who i am so take it or leave it beside if there is invite system i can get in easly (i wont crossing the fingers waiting for invite )thats if i am interested in chickens jokes :w00t:

oh i am not saying this for Artemis or to pro267 its just to clearing my self here thats all

th0r
01-13-2008, 03:17 AM
it's simple: revolt doesn't like traders, and you're a trader, so therefore it will be that much harder for you to obtain an invite; no one is judging you, they are speaking facts

supper
01-13-2008, 03:21 AM
well i didnt created thread asking for invite to revolt so where came from that i dea i want to be a part of revolt did i? with my full respact to tracker like revolt for sure

and since when any trackers like traders why u ppl keep saying this lately this tracker dont like tracker and what tracker dose not!!!!!!

ceasar
01-13-2008, 03:36 AM
Some ppl in this thread acting really unfriendly and they should think about it too.
supper \o/ \o/

th0r
01-13-2008, 03:44 AM
so where did the idea that i want to be a part of revolt did come from?

you implied it earlier when asked about their invite system

supper
01-13-2008, 03:47 AM
so where did the idea that i want to be a part of revolt did come from?

you implied it earlier when asked about their invite systemi can ask is there invite system in ncore even i have it already its BT section fellows

any way sorry if any one got me wrong even i didnt mean any thing i edit my post or maybe not coz i cant c what is the wrong with my question:unsure:

fatcat69
01-13-2008, 03:47 AM
it's simple: revolt doesn't like traders, and you're a trader, so therefore it will be that much harder for you to obtain an invite; no one is judging you, they are speaking facts

I love that :lol::lol::lol:

silvertec
01-13-2008, 04:14 AM
traders do get in if they are lucky enough to know someone but they need to stop once their or we Poor Acid onto you and your gone forever.

Not that I know but it sounds good.

Truely if you want invites to such sites hang in irc of the sites you do have get to know peeps and invites will come once you have gained some trust.
Otherwise it won't happen doesn't matter how many times you keep posting requesting actual makes it worse.

SAM
01-13-2008, 05:19 AM
every one here is just thinking what do i have to do to enter revolt ?
why don't you think what you will do when you are in revolt ?
we have to focus on what in our hands first . instead of looking for things won't get us any where .
i hate this rarity thing

whitmar
01-13-2008, 06:56 AM
It seems to me that a lot of people waste too much energy and bandwidth publicly begging, forming strategies, trading, inundating people with unsolicited PMs, and generally looking like the last person any tracker or forum would want to have as a member. The irony is that people simply need to be themselves. If they share their viewpoint in a way that conveys the kind of person they are, help others on the forums to remedy their problems, and just reach out and be a friend to other members, these sites will recognize them as quality people they would want to interact with regularly, whether it's sharing files or insight. When it comes to choosing members, the more of the latter, and the less of the former on the membership roster, the smoother the site will run and the happier the group will ultimately be. Whenever one tries to force himself or herself on people they want something from, it is only natural for those people to resist the individual's inappropriate aggression.

Artemis
01-13-2008, 07:01 AM
congratulations whitmar, that is the most succinctly put reasoning I have seen and absolutely bang on with the policy of revolt's staff, in the end when you join a forum or tracker made by a group of individuals they had an idea of the kind of people that they wanted in the first place. Simply but elegantly put you have summed up what revolt values more than any other post I have seen.

fatcat69
01-13-2008, 07:17 AM
It seems to me that a lot of people waste too much energy and bandwidth publicly begging, forming strategies, trading, inundating people with unsolicited PMs, and generally looking like the last person any tracker or forum would want to have as a member. The irony is that people simply need to be themselves. If they share their viewpoint in a way that conveys the kind of person they are, help others on the forums to remedy their problems, and just reach out and be a friend to other members, these sites will recognize them as quality people they would want to interact with regularly, whether it's sharing files or insight. When it comes to choosing members, the more of the latter, and the less of the former on the membership roster, the smoother the site will run and the happier the group will ultimately be. Whenever one tries to force himself or herself on people they want something from, it is only natural for those people to resist the individual's inappropriate aggression.

Are you a senator or public figure...because that was good. I cant even put up a picture that can display the utmost appreciation I have for someone who has been able to put into words what myself and other users practice in our forum posting ways.

Truthfulness and acceptance of oneself for who they are will lead to complete satisfaction with life.

Ok I lied...found the perfect picture.:cool:

Socrates?

http://www.comp.dit.ie/dgordon/Albion/Annotations/Albion4/billandted.jpg

monk3y
01-13-2008, 07:17 AM
damn i should have closed this thread a long time ago when i got an answer
so thread closed
stop fighting bitches :)

//edit

it seems i can't close it now, if some mod can close it i'll appreciate that.
have a nice day

rvt
01-13-2008, 10:43 AM
You never did get a real answer though :P

There used to be recruiters, but that went out ages ago. Me or one of the other staff will probably check your post history later :P

rvt
01-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Damn lag.

Artemis
01-13-2008, 11:09 AM
I actually did give the original poster a reply rvt, I just did it in pm early on when the thread was just starting and I didn't want that much attention brought to revolt (hmmm that plan failed)...........
However fusionz is now aware of the requirements for revolt, and has friends who may recommend him.

whitmar
01-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Many thanks for the kind words, Artemis and fatcat. I hope I'm beginning to see the big picture.

fatcat69
01-13-2008, 02:56 PM
I actually did give the original poster a reply rvt, I just did it in pm early on when the thread was just starting and I didn't want that much attention brought to revolt (hmmm that plan failed)...........

Were you going to use your giant "laser" to destroy any attention brought to revolt?!
http://op-for.com/dr.evil.laser.jpg

pcallisto
01-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Whitmar summed it up in a nutshell--and it applies to not just trackers/scene groups/etc, but to all group situations. I see people doing things in forums, and think to myself, "Do they think that'd be appropriate behavior at a job interview, or if trying to get invited to join a volunteer association?" People forget common courtesy goes a long way in smoothing all interactions in life...not just face-to-face ones.

--p

wrongun92
01-14-2008, 04:44 AM
Just as a closing statement, I think the op discovered new info that he wouldnt have if he hadnt queried about it. So its probably not a bad idea to ask questions I reckon. You may be searching for something in the darkness forever if you dont know what it is that you are searching;)

fatcat69
01-14-2008, 07:01 AM
Just as a closing statement, I think the op discovered new info that he wouldnt have if he hadnt queried about it. So its probably not a bad idea to ask questions I reckon. You may be searching for something in the darkness forever if you dont know what it is that you are searching;)

Just whatever you do, dont search for it on a planet that a transport ship crashes on and noone hears from them again...unless vin diesel is with you. or better yet...chuck norris

http://www.impawards.com/2000/posters/pitch_black_ver1.jpg

monk3y
01-15-2008, 09:48 PM
You never did get a real answer though :P

There used to be recruiters, but that went out ages ago. Me or one of the other staff will probably check your post history later :P

actually i did get an answer m8 :) in my private inbox :)

jonny81985
01-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Yea they also opened the doors last weekend so getting an invite is prob not gonna happen right now. RevTT is a great site and I love it. If you really want to get in the best way is just to stay active here, help out when possible and they will find you.

Remember Filesharing should be free so dont trade invites and be active this is the best recipe to getting invited to the upper levels

hope this helps

Jon

rvt
01-16-2008, 01:10 AM
Revolt != revtt.
We got about 8 months on them :P

grimms
01-16-2008, 01:15 AM

Yes even a member as good as me on here learned from saying ahh in a thread. It was a stupid childish mistake, that shouldn't of been said and won't ever be repeated. So i do agree with pro267. Good advice man. Not bashing you in anyway fusionz. It's just a lesson to my own self. Account trading is a fatal mistake for anyone and i hope in all trackers eyes.

monk3y
01-16-2008, 01:36 AM
Revolt != revtt.
We got about 8 months on them :P

nah revtt is as old as pentium 386 is.:ermm: