PDA

View Full Version : ihostvps ?

mike160
01-12-2008, 04:11 PM
hello i just sign up for a vps unlimited 256 and just wanted to know if anyone here know how long does it take with them befor you can start useing it

fstokebanget
01-12-2008, 07:30 PM
I got my server ready in 3 days
but if you choose the 300GB metered that would be insufficient for the whole one month
besides, it's very confusing at ihostvps, sometimes they shutdown the vps if someone happen to seed torrents for a long time, I got mine disconnected 8 times this month :(

Diiyad
01-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Ask your host, it's usually around 24-72 hours.

predateur
01-12-2008, 10:41 PM
sorry to tell you that , but iHost is very shit mine is down since yesterday now and they limited the speed of upload (i cant get more then 1mb/s)

mike160
01-13-2008, 02:28 AM
@ fstokebanget damn 8 times you were disconnected this month what do you have to do to get back connected when you get disconnected and how long did it take to get it back connected

fstokebanget
01-13-2008, 05:30 AM
same as predateur, mine is currently down since yesterday :( I contacted them but no reply until now

mike160
01-13-2008, 11:28 PM
hi i just got my setup email from ihostvps today but now i dont know how to go into my server or how to setup my utorrent in it can some one please help me i am useing windows xp

markupmaster
01-13-2008, 11:44 PM
There are a few guides for seedboxes located at http://www.Torrent-Source.net

:)

mike160
01-14-2008, 01:49 AM
hi markupmaster i follweing guide from http://www.Torrent-Source.net on setting up utorrent on a seedbox part 1 but am stuck on part 10 were it should install those 3 apps: xterm (a GUI terminal), wine (to emulate windows), and VNC server (to allow you to remote control your server with a GUI). it only install 2 when i did that it install the install xterm and vnc-server so now when i try step 13 start VNC server, type vncserver :1 it say couldn't find xauth on your path now i dont know if i had to follwod part 2 and not part 1 am runing windows xp on my computer :(

naq
01-14-2008, 02:28 AM
Hi Mike, I presume you're running CentOS 4/5 on your server. To get wine to install properly, you need to follow the instructions here (http://www.osresources.com/11_6_en.html) to add the dag rpm repositories into the yum program. You can probably ignore all the other 3rd party repos on that page.

If vncserver :1 has the command not found, then vncserver didn't install when you tried. Anyways, here is a quick instruction that should work to get a nice vnc session running:

(after successfully adding the dag repo)
yum install vnc-server xterm fluxbox wine
mkdir .vnc
nano .vnc/xstartup
type fluxbox into the xstartup file, save and quit
chmod +x .vnc/xstartup
vncserver :1 (it will ask for a password)
now connect to your.ip:1 using a vnc viewer using the password above
right-click on desktop to start xterm, then type: wine utorrent.exe (assuming you follow the tutorial to wget it)

Good luck.

mike160
01-14-2008, 04:10 AM
what a waste of money and time cant set this seedbox up for notthing how do i get the wine to install

predateur
01-14-2008, 04:58 AM
also i got this msg from the support :

Ihostvps dit :
its is being suspended by our Network provider due to illegal activities. Your option is to perhaps take your hosting else where unless illegal files be removed from the server.

mike160
01-14-2008, 05:15 AM
hi predateur that sucks am still trying to set mines setup cant get wine to install :(:(:(:(:(

fstokebanget
01-14-2008, 11:19 AM
hi markupmaster i follweing guide from http://www.Torrent-Source.net on setting up utorrent on a seedbox part 1 but am stuck on part 10 were it should install those 3 apps: xterm (a GUI terminal), wine (to emulate windows), and VNC server (to allow you to remote control your server with a GUI). it only install 2 when i did that it install the install xterm and vnc-server so now when i try step 13 start VNC server, type vncserver :1 it say couldn't find xauth on your path now i dont know if i had to follwod part 2 and not part 1 am runing windows xp on my computer :(

how about try to use my tutorial, I wrote a complete guide how to install rtorrent from scratch, see my sig

mike160
01-14-2008, 12:12 PM
thanks fstokebanget what i am haveing trouble with now is login with vnc dont know what to type in for the vnc server it say you will require a password to access your desktops so i open up the vnc and type in main ip address and nothing and also type in server name to connection failed to connect to server or i get a failed to get sever address did you type the host name correcly what do i have to type in there