PDA

View Full Version : Any Body Deleting?

ShAdOwMoSeS
07-28-2003, 05:28 PM
[FONT=Arial] i was just wondering, is anybody deleting their kazaa because what was happening? i deleted mine but i think i want to get it back. should i take the risk or what?

RSK1980
07-28-2003, 05:44 PM
I'm not deleting it .. I downloaded the one with the Ip Blocker .. I did however seriously limit my usage of the program as well as disable sharing. (Since they seem to be hitting those individuals first) .. If this lawsuit crap blows over (which I seriously hope it does) .. I'll be downloading once again.

stonecold1203
07-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Not deleting. Although i haven't used kazaalite since like 3 months.

I don't like p2p

HeavyMetalParkingLot
07-28-2003, 05:51 PM
as well as disable sharing.

Fecking leech

I don't like p2p

Then what the hell you doing on this board?

stonecold1203
07-28-2003, 06:01 PM
I don't like p2p. Used it before though. So speak from experience. As i said before i still have it, so if i need to help someone i can go start it up.

Also we do have a off-topic section here

tralalala
07-28-2003, 06:47 PM
there are 200 million people out there sharing, you really think they are gonna catch you???

tralalala

loz
07-28-2003, 07:11 PM
on about 16 hours a day only uploading :)

spyware
07-28-2003, 07:53 PM
why is everybody scared of the RIAA theyre nothing they cant do shit or maybe they can do shit to americans but not europeans :)

cosmic doobie
07-28-2003, 08:09 PM
got another 60 gig of music to share on the network tomorrow, we are sharing more every week!
attack is the best form of defence!

WolverineDK
07-28-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by spyware@28 July 2003 - 19:53
why is everybody scared of the RIAA theyre nothing they cant do shit or maybe they can do shit to americans but not europeans :)
well in Denmark (europe scandinavia)
there is a group called Antipiratgruppen (the antipirate group)
and they can really make mess with threats
so a kind of riaa are in Denmark and that sucks bigtime.

Somebody1234
07-28-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by RSK1980@28 July 2003 - 13:44
I'm not deleting it .. I downloaded the one with the Ip Blocker .. I did however seriously limit my usage of the program as well as disable sharing. (Since they seem to be hitting those individuals first) .. If this lawsuit crap blows over (which I seriously hope it does) .. I'll be downloading once again.
disable sharing. ???

Nice introduction to the discussion board, leech!! (@RSK1980)

So you come here and tell us that you want to take from us and not give back?
Go away! :angry:

I'm_going_slightly_mad
07-28-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by ShAdOwMoSeS@28 July 2003 - 12:28
[FONT=Arial] i was just wondering, is anybody deleting their kazaa because what was happening? i deleted mine but i think i want to get it back. should i take the risk or what?
Hells no! :P The RIAA cannot intimidate me! :P

Argh! :pirate:

Adster
07-29-2003, 02:07 AM
The day I delete Kazaa lite off my HD will be the day someone else does it becaeu I'm dead :P

btw f*ck teh RIAA

blue9
07-29-2003, 08:26 PM
[B][I][SIZE=14][FONT=Arial][COLOR=green] SO fucking what, let them all come. What are they going to do you bunch of pussy's !! :ph34r:

RealitY
07-29-2003, 08:34 PM
Awwwww Geez,
Not Another.

Iridium
07-29-2003, 08:47 PM
I'm probably stating the obvious (but sometimes that's needed) but its not the sharing of files or the use of a particular program that's the problem but it's down to the ownership of the original material/copyrights - if you've got the originals already then you're OK. Right?

RealitY
07-29-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Iridium@29 July 2003 - 21:47
I'm probably stating the obvious (but sometimes that's needed) but its not the sharing of files or the use of a particular program that's the problem but it's down to the ownership of the original material/copyrights - if you've got the originals already then you're OK. Right?
Actually NO, that does not give you the right to distribute/upload them.
Although I found an interesting post at...
http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?sho...=0&#entry407430 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=56499&st=0&#entry407430)
Worth A read.

Iridium
07-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Haven't time to read the thread right now (off to bed) but I will ASAP - my first impression is that I am not distributing the files or uploading them myself - my files are searchable and available for download however isn't it the responsibility of the downloader to have the permission to do so? The files I have are as such all just copies of CDs I have - I may be misunderstanding the legalities???

Adster
07-30-2003, 02:31 AM
correct me if im wrong but if you have the orignal arn't you entitled to only 1 back up coipy for your own purposes

DasScoot
07-30-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Iridium@29 July 2003 - 21:33
Haven't time to read the thread right now (off to bed) but I will ASAP - my first impression is that I am not distributing the files or uploading them myself - my files are searchable and available for download however isn't it the responsibility of the downloader to have the permission to do so? The files I have are as such all just copies of CDs I have - I may be misunderstanding the legalities???
That's an excellent point...I'm 99.9% sure it's legal to rip mp3s off of a CD you already own, and I can't see any difference between that and downloading the mp3 (after all, some people may not have CD ripping programs, or, uh, CD-ROM drives). While it would be better (more legal) if there was some disclaimer before you downloaded that you had to own it, it does seem legal to me.

IANAL tho.

Edit: On second thought, while it might be legal to download it, it would still be illegal to upload, because you are then distributing it without permission which I'm pretty sure is not allowed.

Adster
07-30-2003, 02:45 AM
actully when you think about it it's not ilegal WHY??? because all where doing is downloading and uploading data. and is it ilegal to download and upload data ??? nope

Metallica were the first group to use mp3s so therefore it is only ilegal to download or upload metallica songs

harrycary
07-30-2003, 02:49 AM
Personal/fair use is implied when you purchase copyrighted music(et al). But, this doesn't give you the right to openly share across the internet. The industry didn't truly care about people sharing before the advent of the internet because it wasn't as wide-spread or easy to do. The fact that this can be done anonymously is also part of their argument.

As far as the legalities outside of the US, I would be just as concerned if I lived outside of the US. The fact is, the 5 largest record labels(Universal Music Grp, Sony, EMI, Warner Bros, BMG Entertainment) distribute 70-80% of the music in the world. The copyrights are applicable in all but a small number of countries. This means you can be sued for sharing. Just because the RIAA isn't going after people doesn't mean individual(and very large corporations) won't go after you. These corporations have their own legal departments.

Frankly, since they're primarily going after users sharing large amounts of files I suggest doing 2 things.

1. Don't share all of your files all of the time. Mix it up every once in awhile. Any computer savvy user can do this quite easily.

2. Block people from viewing your files. This feature isn't truly necessary and I for one wish is was eliminated. Such a simple solution to the overall problem.
Fuck those who don't understand/learn the program enough to realize this.

/take 2 cents out of pocket, throws it on the table, leaves....

DasScoot
07-30-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Hogster@30 July 2003 - 02:45
actully when you think about it it's not ilegal WHY??? becaseu all where doing is downloading and uploading data. and is it ilegal to download and upload data ??? nope

Metallica were the first group to use mp3s so therefore it is only ilegal to download or upload metallica songs
Uhhh...this is a joke, right?

the_faceman
07-30-2003, 02:52 AM
Ad, u posted that same thing about Metallica ages ago. I'm sorry, but it just ain't true. If it was, then none of the crap going on just now would be.

Adster
07-30-2003, 02:53 AM
I read about it last year if I can remember and it was suposingly proven to be made legal in court becasue of it

anyway nevermind

mogadishu
07-30-2003, 07:04 AM
NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!