PDA

View Full Version : Summary ban..

buggyfresh
01-14-2008, 01:56 AM
What exactly does this entail? For some reason I've never asked or known) - I presume ti has to do with cheating but what does that mean? IS that using software to fake ratio upload??

jam0980tr
01-14-2008, 01:59 AM
I just Ban Romania, country on my server full Range ip ban am sick of them letting in ip's by peerlist on utorrent everytime i upload a torrent now all i can say is Ro.IP'S Pwned

Polarbear
01-14-2008, 02:08 AM
I just Ban Romania, country on my server full Range ip ban am sick of them letting in ip's by peerlist on utorrent everytime i upload a torrent now all i can say is Ro.IP'S Pwned

might save you some work :-)

jam0980tr
01-14-2008, 02:18 AM

might save you some work :-)

Polarbear trust me they allways do it am just sick of them ro ip's they come out frm no where someone thinks they so clever letting them ip's in to the torrent's that i upload,and i can say is Ro.IP'S Pwned frm now on no more of them Romania ip on any of my torrent's;)

buggyfresh
01-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Is this like a thread hijack whereby nobody answers the OP and just ignore the n00b question?! lol

What do sites consider "cheating"? And what exactly does a "summary ban" entail? Enquiring n00b wants to know!

Polarbear
01-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Is this like a thread hijack whereby nobody answers the OP and just ignore the n00b question?! lol

What do sites consider "cheating"? And what exactly does a "summary ban" entail? Enquiring n00b wants to know!

cheating is when you manipulate your stats with anything else than uploading or downloading.

buggyfresh
01-14-2008, 02:24 AM

cheating is when you manipulate your stats with anything else than uploading or downloading.

Ok great - simple enough but I didn't wnt to assume..e.g. having a file from one tracker and sharing it on another (once they don't exclude upping) was why i asked...

Nemrod
01-14-2008, 02:38 AM

Ok great - simple enough but I didn't wnt to assume..e.g. having a file from one tracker and sharing it on another (once they don't exclude upping) was why i asked...

If itīs exactly the same file thereīs no problem at all. At least the trackers where I am at allow that practice.
In fact, itīs an excellent way to build ratio.

Summary ban refers to the fact that staff of a tracker ban you due to a severe fault you committed, as cheating. Thereīs no appeal, you have no defense.

orfik
01-14-2008, 05:44 AM
Right. It means a ban with no warning.

DKre8ive1
01-14-2008, 07:00 AM
If you have a question on what is allowed and what is not allowed on a site I say feel free to post it there if it is not covered in there FAQ's or stickies in the forums.

Especially since different sites have different rules on partial seeding and other things.

Also when it comes to Invite sellers or ratio cheaters that get caught what happens is they end up loosing not only the site where they committed the offense, but also possibly end up blacklist across a bunch of sites since community staff have ways of communicating to get the necessary proof.

buggyfresh
01-14-2008, 09:15 AM

If itīs exactly the same file thereīs no problem at all. At least the trackers where I am at allow that practice.
In fact, itīs an excellent way to build ratio.

Summary ban refers to the fact that staff of a tracker ban you due to a severe fault you committed, as cheating. Thereīs no appeal, you have no defense.

Exactly what I thought - and it provides an extra seed rather than an exrta leech! :happy:

If you have a question on what is allowed and what is not allowed on a site I say feel free to post it there if it is not covered in there FAQ's or stickies in the forums.

Especially since different sites have different rules on partial seeding and other things.

Also when it comes to Invite sellers or ratio cheaters that get caught what happens is they end up loosing not only the site where they committed the offense, but also possibly end up blacklist across a bunch of sites since community staff have ways of communicating to get the necessary proof.

Yea well since FST was here I decided to post it here rather than look like a TOTAL n00b on some high class tracker :D

orfik
01-17-2008, 10:27 AM
We were all noobs once. Except me, I was never a noob. Stop looking at me.