PDA

View Full Version : usenetserver speed problem!!?

kayvanblue
01-14-2008, 01:09 PM
I usually download at 950 KB/S but in past 2 days i have been down to 170 KB/S
am i the only case? or do i have more ppl in my boat with this same problem?

I'm sure this is not ISP problem!:ermm:

Shoots
01-14-2008, 01:34 PM
i was getting 2.3mbs yesterday morning/afternoon then it want down to between 650 - 800 for a few hours

suchthefool
01-14-2008, 02:56 PM
I use Newsdemon and my ISP is Sky.

Up until about 3 weeks ago I was able to download at 900 KB/S but now it's dropped right down and seems to max out at 180 KB/S.

I'm 99% certain it's not Newsdemon so it must be an issue with Sky. Does anyone know what the problem might be? I tried calling them but their customer service line isn't the most helpful!!

Broken
01-14-2008, 03:11 PM
USN is a junk provider.
They were one of the best, then about six months ago they started having "issues" and have been having them on and off ever since.

If you do a search of the forum you will see they are one of the most complained about Usenet providers.

preetkk
01-15-2008, 06:38 PM
COUNTRY - UNITED KINGDOM
ISP - SKY
INTERNET DOWNSTREAM - 1,300kb MINIMUM
USUALL SPEED FROM NEWSDEMON - 1,300kb MINIMUM

Hello,
Since yesterday or even maybe the day before I have been reaching maximum downstream of 200kb from newsdemon server (all three useast, uswest, europe).

I have now been with newsdemon for maybe longer than 12 months and my latest membership runs out end of this month I am sure. Well then since I joined newsdemon my service has 70% been good 15% acceptable 15% sh*t.

Thanks

bladehurley
01-16-2008, 03:31 AM
i just joined with NewDemon, I was getting 170 kb/s...horrible. Now i'm hardley gettin 1kb/s it might be my ISP which is Telus but I can download up to 300kb/s with torrents.

Can anyone help me set it up, maybe i've messed something up. BTW I have a 20 connections, unlimited SSL account is there something else i have to do for that account besides only download from us-secure.newsdemon.com I also live in canada, could that be a problem??

Any and all help appreciated, sorry for my noob-ness.

Broken
01-16-2008, 04:54 AM
There's some chance that it's your location, there's some chance that it's newsdemon or your ISP.

I believe newsdemon has live support. I would use it.
If that doesn't work, I would recommend an account at giganews for about $3 more a month. 200 days retention, zero downtime, zero speed problems.

preetkk
01-18-2008, 06:21 PM
looks like its sorted i was getting usuall speeds earlier

MadMike80
01-30-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm not 1000% sure Comcast.net isn't part of the problem but after doing an extensive test series I can definitely see that Usenet server is most of the problem. As a consequence I discontinued sercvice -- vote with your feet.

xbox360work
02-01-2008, 04:16 AM
i hav buy yesterday usenetserver.com account :(
20 SSL connection
i put this secure.usenetserver.com and port 563

but i can' connect! :(

can anyone help me?:cry:

xbox360work
02-01-2008, 10:08 PM
now same connect just little minute then always can't connect :(
uff :(
usenetserver.com is frustrating service i not buy other time if same this i hav pay something can't use :( so shit.

mayhemInc
02-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Is your newsreader SSL-capable?

I'm having some troubles connecting from time to time...but after a while it's working.

Other thing you can try, if your newsreader have SSL is changing the route you are using https://monitor.usenetserver.com/cgi-bin/routeselect

willhub
02-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Sorry to butt in, but I've being having a problem with newsdemon, I'm using newsleecher, just subscribed and downloaded this song, using SSL atm with port 443, I selected 20 connections but most of them were showing maximum number of simultanious connections reached or something so I went down to 10 connections and only like 6 out of the 10 connected :s.

dustout
02-07-2008, 02:25 AM
i am haveing some serious speed issues with us-secure.newsdemon.com, at first i thought it was my connection but when i connect to europe.newsdemon.com it downloads at 3 - 4 Mb/s (useing 20 connections). So if anyone else is haveing this issue i would reccamend going to the europe one. If you need a SSL conection you should subscribe to giganews, their unlimited plan is cheaper and they have twice the retention. I know i will if newsdemon doesnt fix this by sunday.