PDA

View Full Version : what are the risk

mike160
01-15-2008, 03:28 AM
hi i am trying to find out what are the risk of leting someone you dont know setting up your seedbox for you by giveing him or her your server details for that seedbox

mrnobody
01-15-2008, 03:36 AM
is he a FST member? if so how long has he been here? have u checked his history? if so, do u feel positive? does he have good reputation at FST?

if he isn't a FSTer, how long have u known him? does he sound fishy?

btw, i think u can get ur access back though ; )

tusks
01-15-2008, 03:37 AM
Well, it depends. You paid for the box yourself so if the guy tries to steal your box by changing the password or w/e, you can always call up the company thats hosting the box for you and tell them the situation, "I needed some help setting up some programs... and this guy stole my password". They will probably remedy the situation for you. If worse comes to worse, you just cancel your current account and start a new one and then kick the ass of the guy who tried to rip you off.In short, he really can't steal the account from you because you're the one paying for it.

mike160
01-15-2008, 03:46 AM
thanks for reply squirr3l and tusks my most worry is not that so much that they could or will steal my box but what they would use it for and then everthing come back to me and i dont need any more problems then i have in life @ tusks how would i change the password

AugustoP
01-15-2008, 03:54 AM
Just pay an extra couple of bucks for Windows box.

mike160
01-15-2008, 03:59 AM
yes i know but this is all know to me what a wast of money all i wanted to do was upload some of my stuff to my favorite private torrent sites and now am stuck

SgtMajor
01-15-2008, 04:15 AM
There's one good guy around here with extensive knowledge of linux seedboxes I would trust with login & password, let's hope he sees your pleas and offers to help.

01-15-2008, 04:21 AM
There's one good guy around here with extensive knowledge of linux seedboxes I would trust with login & password, let's hope he sees your pleas and offers to help.

me??

lol :naughty:

Zaxx
01-15-2008, 04:28 AM
Stealing the box wouldn't worry me too much. Now if the 'trusted' person slipped a keylogger in and snatched all your tracker accts...THAT'S what would worry me. :unsure: But then I am the paranoid type...:rolleyes:

Polarbear
01-15-2008, 04:37 AM
hi i am trying to find out what are the risk of leting someone you dont know setting up your seedbox for you by giveing him or her your server details for that seedbox

always think twice before you trust a stranger in the internet.

i think there are good tutorials how to set up a seedbox. many people can help you without having access.

you might want to look for someone who does ist step by step with you via voice over ip or via im.

01-15-2008, 04:45 AM

i think there are good tutorials how to set up a seedbox. many people can help you without having access.

you might want to look for someone who does ist step by step with you via voice over ip or via im.

or via me :P

mike160
01-15-2008, 04:52 AM
i did not want to say who was willing to set up my box but he told me to go ahead and say hes name 0110 he sound like a good preson willing to help the need it can he be trusted i think so but you all know him more them me let me know

Zaxx
01-15-2008, 04:58 AM

or via me :P

@mike....0110 fits squirr3l's description pretty damn good..hint hint..;)

mike160
01-15-2008, 05:50 AM
well it looks like i made the wrong choice letting member 0110 setup my seedbox caues now when i try to logon to my server useing putty i get a access denied so he must have done something and change the passwrod on me

edit: but i still have access to my vps control panel and all i hve to do is keep rebuilding the vps so ever time he set it up all the existing Vps will be completely destroyed and built anew he will lose all data that is currently in there and have to set it up again have fun (0110) hahaha