PDA

View Full Version : Bittorent Sucks !

esumsea
07-28-2003, 09:25 PM
All you bittorent lovers please explain how you deal with the massive amount of hard drive space this program takes for its files? Also, how do you deal with the serious bottle next it put on you connection speed? I have a cable modem and just loading 2 films made me slow down to slower speeds than my 28.8 days. Sheesh!

3rd gen noob
07-28-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by esumsea@28 July 2003 - 22:25
All you bittorent lovers please explain how you deal with the massive amount of hard drive space this program takes for its files? Also, how do you deal with the serious bottle next it put on you connection speed? I have a cable modem and just loading 2 films made me slow down to slower speeds than my 28.8 days. Sheesh!
the amount of hdd space bitt uses is just the same size as the download

i don't understand whay you're complaining about this

and of course downloading two things (you don't say what rates, or the speed of your cable) is gonna slow down your connection

what do you expect?

Colt Seevers
07-28-2003, 09:31 PM
Well BT allocates the hard drive space needed before you download...so it uses the same space as any other P2P application, it just depends what you download. :lol:

You're second point, there is more than one version of the BT client, in fact there are a lot of different ones, I suggest you find one that enables you to set the upload speed BT 3.2.1 is pretty common, not much you can do about your download speeds as far as I'm aware, but it certainly helps.

Do some reading up. ;)

Darth Sushi
07-28-2003, 09:34 PM
That's not a bittorent problem, that's a source problem. And don't tell me that you never had a slow download on Kazaa, eMule or whatever P2P program. You're only as fast as your sources and the number of sources. You must also learn how long a file has been seeded.

slammy_dunken
07-28-2003, 09:34 PM
:rtfm: