PDA

View Full Version : need help for image grabbing

shijo
01-15-2008, 04:43 AM
is there a way to download images numbered continuously in a site
like - url***....1.jpg , url......2.jpg etc without manually adding each line url to internet download manager, is it possible to download whole images like 1-100 at one go.
I don't want grab images of whole site sorting what I need from all is impossible

torrentgeek
01-15-2008, 08:30 AM
I don't have any idea on that kinda software, but if I were in your situation then I would have done the following;

Renamed the URL from ***1.jpg,***2.jpg,***3.jpg............***100.jpg using the excel sheet in seconds. And then copy all the URL into a text editor (notepad) and then save it as *.lst file. Then open FLASHGET and just import that *lst file and start downloading..

You may think this is a long process, but you can do all this in a minute. Try it.

svr
01-15-2008, 10:45 AM
There is a program like shijo described and I used it years ago but I dont remember its name anymore. It's definately faster than doing that excel trick. Only takes few seconds.

shijo
01-15-2008, 03:23 PM
thanks for replies
excel seem to be only option
if anyone find a download manager like it please pm me
I searched a lot only find programs which list all images in a site

optimus_prime
01-15-2008, 05:38 PM
there were lot of web spiders couple of years ago, guess people don't use them anymore.

i used offline explorer, it can do what you want without a hitch.

kadake
01-15-2008, 06:49 PM
if you use firefox , there is an addon tool called DownThemAll!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/201

you can use this to grab all sorts of content on a web page inc all the images

tusks
01-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Omg, you need this firefox addon: Flashgot.
It has an option "Build Gallery". It is PERFECT for downloading a ton of images like that. i use it all the time and it will even integrate seemlessly into IDM. If you need any help with setting up a Gallery, feel free to PM me.

http://flashgot.net/