PDA

View Full Version : Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles, any thoughts on the New HBO Series

kadake
01-15-2008, 05:41 PM
I personally felt the first few minutes i had trouble accepting the new cast, which didnt even try to look like the films but by the end of the first episode i was pleasantly surprised to have already accepted them, maybe due to the fact that Summer Glau (aka River from firefly) was in this series :)

I just wondered if anyone else had thoughts on the FOX series?

And Do you think it will make it to Series 2?

Sanka113
01-15-2008, 05:48 PM
The best part of that show, is it's filmed in my hometown lol. It's kinda distracting at first recognizing everything, but I started to enjoy it more as I saw more of the Beautiful Summer Glau..........

Busyman™
01-15-2008, 07:25 PM
I personally felt the first few minutes i had trouble accepting the new cast, which didnt even try to look like the films but by the end of the first episode i was pleasantly surprised to have already accepted them, maybe due to the fact that Summer Glau (aka River from firefly) was in this series :)

I just wondered if anyone else had thoughts on the HBO series?

And Do you think it will make it to Series 2?

It's not a HBO series. It's on FOX.

I thought the show was great and it makes the Bionic Woman look shit (the new BW is an ugly bird anyway).

Summer is always playing someone with special powers.

Firefly/Serenity
The 4400
and now this

The Terminator series is definitely a keeper.:happy:

svr
01-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh yeah I almost jumped out of my chair when I saw terminator series few days ago. I liked it a lot except the characters are a bit off but you gotta love the terminators :) Why did skynet send sucky models and not the newer ones? Connor kicking too much robotbutt in future?

And how the hell do you compare terminator to bionic woman. Is it joke? BW has no chance.

Busyman™
01-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Oh yeah I almost jumped out of my chair when I saw terminator series few days ago. I liked it a lot except the characters are a bit off but you gotta love the terminators :) Why did skynet send sucky models and not the newer ones? Connor kicking too much robotbutt in future?

And how the hell do you compare terminator to bionic woman. Is it joke? BW has no chance.

Yeah I found myself watching The Bionic Woman just because it was BW.

They should have made Starbuck the BW and not that weird looking gullet-neck ugly fuck. I'd rather have the dike-ish chick play the part.

I might actually not watch the show when it returns.

That was slick how the Terminator "followed" them to 2007. It's a friggin' slasher flick now!:lol:

It's the Terminator from Sleepy Hollow!

:glag:

kadake
01-15-2008, 08:20 PM
your right its not HBO , i have been watching som much THE WIRE i got that damm HBO logo burnt into my brain lol

clocker
01-16-2008, 02:37 AM
i was pleasantly surprised...maybe due to the fact that Summer Glau (aka River from firefly) was in this series :)

And she was occasionally naked.

If they can manage to squeeze in one skin scene a week, it just might make it (is a Terminator fully physically accurate, BTW?).

Other than Summer, the series stinks.
Why are the bad Terminators such gawdawful shots?

Skiz
01-16-2008, 02:42 AM
I found it rather boring and caught myself looking at the clock a couple times to see when it would end.

The "naked" scenes weren't nearly enough to keep me interested. Seeing as most of my favorite shows are all on HBO, Showtime, etc. now and frequently show nudity, seeing a bare back is hardly worth getting excited over. :ermm:

mr. nails
01-16-2008, 07:10 PM
i had ep 1 for the longest. ep 2 never would cum out til now (took 6 months?). i'm not gonna bother with ep 2. i too thought it was kinda boring.

grimms
01-17-2008, 04:27 AM
Characters sucked big time (I don't know how they got that wrong). None of them are right for the show. The actual terminator model is tight (Not the actors) It's all wrong. Only made me want to watch Terminator 2 again. I prefer Dexter, The Wire (fav show of all time), Heroes, Prison Break, and Weeds.

Busyman™
01-18-2008, 03:06 AM
It's weird how folks say it was boring when all it mainly had was action.:idunno:

Every moment you turned around, that damn Terminator was coming. John Connor didn't have time for teenie-bopper boy problems in school or anything.

That pesky Terminator just happened to be the substitute, didn't know what John looked like, and had to hear the roll call before he started shooting.:ermm:

The show has it's flaws but I guess I'm interested in how the story gets filled in.

These two shows were obviously hooks. There's no way it can't keep this pace.

Remember how Firefly was aired out of order cuz the network wanted viewers to get hooked with an action episode first (The Train)?

I think character they kinda got wrong was Sarah. She isn't brunette and as cold like Linda Hamilton but still really ok with that. John Connor is ok (I think he was Claire's classmate in Heroes).

Either way this show will tide me over during the strike. This and Medium (which has been excellent (2 episodes do far).

Oh again, the lady that plays Sarah is Brit with an excellent American accent. Brats are better at acting like us.

I also don't think this show could last multiple seasons.

lomy222
01-18-2008, 10:19 AM
this is the first time I hear of it

Busyman™
03-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Well the show has been looking good. I actually look forward to each episode.

They fill in lots of "Terminator lore" in the show.

Summer is just great. She has the charisma like Ahnold had in the movies.

Bionic Woman has been canceled, btw.

Cheese
03-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Watched most of the episodes this weekend, it's a very average show with only the mythology of the Terminator franchise and Dean Winters' presence keeping me interested.

Busyman™
03-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Watched most of the episodes this weekend, it's a very average show with only the mythology of the Terminator franchise and Dean Winters' presence keeping me interested.

Whose Dean Winter?

edit: Actually your assessment of why you watch the show is pretty much on point.

edit2:
For me it's
Terminator + Summer Glau. I thought her name was Sarah Winter for one sec.

It's enough for me instead of a show like Bionic Woman being just that fact that it was....the Bionic Woman and kept me watching until I stopped watching and realized the show was total shit. It's story and characters sucked and they try to make the show so stylized that it stupid. I wasn't interested in the combat anymore.

I love seeing Sarah fight though. She's so small yet kicks ass. I also like her disconnect and willingness to kill people that she deems it necessary....or should I say willingness to let people die *winkwink*.

I really like the episode about the Cortan. The one where the Terminator was in the bunker just standing there and John had to hit the door button and get out before the Terminator rebooted.

I also like the one where you find out about the 4 resistance fighters that died in an earlier episode (actually 3 died).

Cheese
03-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Dean Winter is the ex of Sarah, he was one of the O'Reilly brothers in Oz (and my favourite character).

I got bored of Bionic Woman very quickly, the lead character is played by a British soap actress so I could never get beyond that (fellow Brits will know what I mean when I kept expecting her to shout out, "You're not my mother!") or her exceedingly big chin. But the show was uninspiring, just seemed like an Alias or La Femme Nikita clone.

BawA
03-03-2008, 05:32 PM
i never got how Johns father is some1 from the future who is serving john himself in that future. how a guy comes from future and creates the past i dont know.

Kyle Reese is serving John Connor in future that means Connor was already there when Kyle Reese met him that means father is some1 else.
it means john was born from another person but when kyle goes back some how changes the past and john is born from him.

Busyman™
03-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Dean Winter is the ex of Sarah, he was one of the O'Reilly brothers in Oz (and my favourite character).

I got bored of Bionic Woman very quickly, the lead character is played by a British soap actress so I could never get beyond that (fellow Brits will know what I mean when I kept expecting her to shout out, "You're not my mother!") or her exceedingly big chin. But the show was uninspiring, just seemed like an Alias or La Femme Nikita clone.

Eggzacklee....big chin, uninspiring.

Dean Winter, of yeah the paramedic. He has such a bit part though.

It might get bigger but I'm thinking he's Terminator lunch meat next season (if there is a next season)

i never got how Johns father is some1 from the future who is serving john himself in that future. how a guy comes from future and creates the past i dont know.

Kyle Reese is serving John Connor in future that means Connor was already there when Kyle Reese met him that means father is some1 else.
it means john was born from another person but when kyle goes back some how changes the past and john is born from him.

It's called a paradox.

Did you also notice how in the show, the Terminators that were sent back help Skynet start the attack?

Another paradox.

Look at the episode with the Cortan.

BawA
03-04-2008, 02:42 AM
Did you also notice how in the show, the Terminators that were sent back help Skynet start the attack?

not true if you mean the nuke attack(judgment day), cuz according to last part "T3" the machines take over once the skynet system goes online, the robot girl only assets.

Busyman™
03-04-2008, 03:02 AM

not true if you mean the nuke attack(judgment day), cuz according to last part "T3" the machines take over once the skynet system goes online, the robot girl only assets.

No I don't mean the nuke attack, I mean the machines seem like they are already in place once Skynet starts nuking.

ApacNTS
03-04-2008, 04:14 PM
last episode they showed a younger kyle or the other reese playing with their dad in the park and then the missiles launched overhead. kinda funny how for john's bday he went to the park to see the exact same scene..except there were no missiles flying over.

BawA
03-04-2008, 04:28 PM
last episode they showed a younger kyle or the other reese playing with their dad in the park and then the missiles launched overhead. kinda funny how for john's bday he went to the park to see the exact same scene..except there were no missiles flying over.

youre totally wrong dude..
1st of all it was kyle reese and his brother not dad(listen to where the big brother talks to john about that scene).
2nd it wasnt the same scene with no missiles, it wasnt even same place, the judgment day is evadable, if it was same scene then there would missiles flying over. the beginning scene where you saw two brothers playing baseball is judgment day.
m8 try to understand the story not only robots :lol:

Busyman™
03-04-2008, 06:47 PM

It wasn't the same day, same year (remember 2011?), or same place and remember that Kyle was younger when they saw him than in the beginning.

------
The show was quite good actually.

It had the action, Terminator lore, not a whole lot of teeny bopper crap, Summer Glau's performance was top-notch, and the show pulls no punches for network TV.

I'd be pissed if it doesn't return. The only bad thing was that this first season only ran 9 episodes when normally network shows run for at least for 20.

Cable shows run for about 13.

I guess the FBI agent has to believe Sarah now. That was slick how after they breached the door, all you saw was bloody officers hitting the water.

Why didn't the Cromartie Terminator shoot Ellison? Is he somehow supposed to help Skynet in the future?

That Terminator also played in the 4400.

Summer has been in decent demand. It's like she's never out of work.

I remember her not just in Firefly and The 4400 but playing a smaller role in The Unit. Network TV money > than cable money.

necromantic
03-04-2008, 07:27 PM
The show started out pretty crappy IMO but the last few episodes have been much better. Also, without Summer Glau there is no show.

yoco
03-08-2008, 11:01 AM
I like the show and I hope there will be a new season.

SAM
03-08-2008, 01:25 PM
I like it

matrixTalk
03-08-2008, 10:46 PM
i just finishes the first season and watching it !
it was .............

FULL OF CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

don't waste your time for seeing this shiiiiiiit

mera
03-09-2008, 12:30 AM
I quite like this show. I hope it gets a second season.