PDA

View Full Version : Tracker Accounts being disabled due to Inactivity

kadake
01-16-2008, 12:21 AM
This question i put to all and any FST members,

What do YOU do as the bare minimum to keep your account alive if your not currently using that tracker.

Now i always thought logging in and browsing site was enough but i was just reading bitme rules and they state the following

Accounts inactive for more than 42 days are automatically disabled. Simply logging in to the website is not considered activity. To avoid being disabled, the account needs to be used for upload/download; otherwise it is inactive, even if it is parked.

but im sure i read on another trackers rules seeding alone is not enough.

Im just curious to what others do.

P.S. Please dont state obvious and say i use all my accounts fully all the time

Cruel
01-16-2008, 12:25 AM
I do have some trackers and I keep a textfile when I last downloaded a file which I look at.
But also keep seeding 3 or more torrents from that site all the time.

But to keep doublestandard (seeing I have that file): If it's disabled then I don't need it really.

fOrUmAs
01-16-2008, 12:28 AM
well its easy for me i allways use different tracker for different things..also its not to hard to download few MB every week from few acc and seed it..also not every tracker have that rule that u have quoted. :)

also 42 or more days is pretty enough for u to download something..

SCC have this rule, if u dont log in every week your acc is disabled(User class), unless u are scene power or above than your acc is safe for 42 days:D

shygrrrl
01-16-2008, 12:31 AM
SCC is too high-maintenance for me.

nethawk
01-16-2008, 12:40 AM
I believe HDBits and RevTT have similar rules.

1000possibleclaws
01-16-2008, 02:38 AM
if im not gonna use the tracker anytime soon i'll download the smallest file available and seed that on 'low' in utorrent. i assumed everyone did this.. i dont trust just logging in, and this way i don't even have to log in

Zaxx
01-16-2008, 02:49 AM
From what I can tell, just logging in is enuff for some sites yet some require actual tracker activity. When in doubt at very least I'll start a d/l, wait about 2 mins, then tell my client to update the tracker then kill the d/l (after 1:1 of course).

TP635
01-16-2008, 04:15 AM
I don't have that many tackers to worry about; I use all the 15 trackers. The only reason why I am not downloading something is because I am seeding to get enough buffer for the next download. And if seeding for a week or so is considered as being inactive then I may be kicked out from some trackers soon.
Hopefully not.

Horatiu
01-17-2008, 12:24 AM
SCC have this rule, if u dont log in every week your acc is disabled(User class), unless u are scene power or above than your acc is safe for 42 days:D

Does that mean donwload/upload or just browsing every other week?

kadake, there are some trackers, that i know of, that do require download/upload like HDBits (1 GB donwload/month min).
I heard something about TL, that it would require activity, like down/up, but i'm not sure...

briand5379
01-17-2008, 12:31 AM
If I don't use it then I don't usually bother with it.

01-17-2008, 12:54 AM
SCC have this rule, if u dont log in every week your acc is disabled...
What a stupid rule. And I have never even been a member of SCC but just by this fact, I know I (probably) wouldn't like it.

Now imagine, you go on a holiday for a week and there you have to worry to sign in :P, in order to keep your account. Ha, ha, so not worth it.

Otherwise my account on pisexy was disabled due to inactivity but I haven't logged in for months, I didn't find much to download there anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

fOrUmAs
01-17-2008, 01:11 AM

Does that mean donwload/upload or just browsing every other week?

u need to log in:)

SCC have this rule, if u dont log in every week your acc is disabled...
What a stupid rule. And I have never even been a member of SCC but just by this fact, I know I (probably) wouldn't like it.

Now imagine, you go on a holiday for a week and there you have to worry to sign in :P, in order to keep your account. Ha, ha, so not worth it.

that rule is only for user class! higher class dont need to worry abouth that:D

also if u cant then ask someone to log in every few days if u are on holidays or some other things..that cant be to hard:P

ShadowsServant
01-17-2008, 01:19 AM
I read somewhere on the faq that you can't log in to scc from any computer. Rule is, a person can only have one account with on IP address only. Kinda though to keep if you want to go on vacation.

slimdogp
01-17-2008, 01:21 AM
I leave 4 or 5 things seeding for a site like that. Seeding always works to keep an account active :)

nethawk
01-17-2008, 06:57 AM
I leave 4 or 5 things seeding for a site like that. Seeding always works to keep an account active :)

Just seeding doesn't work. Some sites require both download and upload for activity. :pinch:

VIZFX
01-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Can you just "park" your account when you know that you'll be gone for a while?

Night0wl
01-17-2008, 07:34 AM
The only site I know of that requires both Down and up activity is BitMeTV.

Whoever keeps stating that SCC disables people after a week of inactivity is wrong. I was a member there for at least 6 months before reaching PU and there is no way in hell that I logged in every week. I did though at almost all times have something seeding.

My GF didn't use her account for weeks and wasn't deleted either. I think they look more at good user vs. bad user and delete according to that.

Giveaway
01-17-2008, 09:59 PM
The only site I know of that requires both Down and up activity is BitMeTV.
what are the specific rules?

Giveaway
01-18-2008, 02:03 PM
This question i put to all and any FST members,

What do YOU do as the bare minimum to keep your account alive if your not currently using that tracker.

Now i always thought logging in and browsing site was enough but i was just reading bitme rules and they state the following

but im sure i read on another trackers rules seeding alone is not enough.

Im just curious to what others do.

P.S. Please dont state obvious and say i use all my accounts fully all the time

Some sites say this... I beleive most of them Ive seen mean basically that you have to download a file to keep the account alive. Doesnt mean every 42 days you need to do a new file... it ussually means just have some download status. They figure if you have 0 downloaded and 0 uploaded your just a browser/trader where if you have acctually used the account you should be fine on most sites.

I beleive SCC disables you if you havent downloaded or uploaded anything within the first week you joined the site. Basically once you dl a file your good to go as far as download/upload... then you would only fall into the inactivity part before getting disabled. (See above)
i second that
just download in the first week

monk3y
01-18-2008, 02:29 PM
why would you keep a tracker you are not using ?

FatBob
01-18-2008, 02:34 PM
disabling an account with 0up/0dwn is ok , but disabling a power user or account with a decent ratio due to inactivity is bad :/

TankGrrl
01-18-2008, 05:48 PM
if im not gonna use the tracker anytime soon i'll download the smallest file available and seed that on 'low' in utorrent. i assumed everyone did this.. i dont trust just logging in, and this way i don't even have to log in

disabling an account with 0up/0dwn is ok , but disabling a power user or account with a decent ratio due to inactivity is bad :/

this happened to me once on a very good tracker that i had a pretty high gb/ratio on. my machine died and by the time i started getting back to trackers with my new machine i missed the cut off for it, even though i made sure to login after i got my new setup. but just logging in and doing messages wasnt enough and i lost a really good account which i have yet to get back :( but S happens...

i keep a list of the trackers i dont use daily and make sure to login, seed some and participate no matter what. the ones i use all the time i dont have to worry about :)

aysomc
01-18-2008, 06:33 PM
i dont force myself to go to any trackers, if i naturally dont go to a tracker for long enough that its disabled i probably dont need or want it.

munkyboy04
01-18-2008, 07:21 PM
surley if you not using a site after 42 days then you dont need it. may as well let that account die and someone who does need it use it?

fstokebanget
01-18-2008, 08:21 PM
which tracker that ask you to also do the download/upload and not only login the the web ?

broomhead
01-18-2008, 09:18 PM
well if I don't want to be active on the tracker, I either giveaway my account or just ditch it. There is no point in keeping something that I won't use, if I am on vacation, I will try my hardest just to view the site once a week. But for BitMe I get a frend to seed a torrent for me once a week. (for like 10 min)