PDA

View Full Version : Read me!

eram
01-16-2008, 02:02 AM
first of all hi guys!

im pretty new here and just read a few days the topics .
and i figured that its pretty hard to choose the right way to participate in this community!

so :
there are the traders who pretty much everybody hates
but still there are so many of them posting for a trade .

on the other side there are the guys who make requests.
which i guess is a normal consequence due to the many people who hate traders.
they get reactions like: hey good luck getting this invite dude, which is nice.
but still there are many people who say they are begging and noobs!

and there are guys with giveaways who hope to get the attention of people to let them see that they are the nice guys.

so i asked myself what is the right thing to do to get a site you are really looking for.
pretty difficult.
no way seems to be perfect!

even giveaways cause its forbidden by pretty much every tracker!

my way will be to let you know what guy i am.
cause invites should be for people you know.

im just a guy who enjoys torrents every day!
i just love
..getting the latest stuff
..getting my upload done to become a power user to get more features
..getting a good ratio
..looking around to find new music
..checking every 10 minutes if my up and down speed is right
..coming back from work or school looking at
utorrent to see how my torrents are
..to see how much i downloaded and upped
..to see it when a torrent is damn fast

i think you know exactly what i mean :) .

thats what the whole torrent thing is about for me !

and sure i want sites where i can get the best torrents.the best content.
not because of their rarity!

thats why im looking for bitmetv
enough said !

cheers
eram

jonny81985
01-16-2008, 02:18 AM
Nice post man, If you dont have bitmetv soon and continue to stick around here helping people Ill shoot one your way but u gotta prove yourself first. So far so good but keep it up lol. PM in a few weeks if you still dont got one and we can talk

Good luck

Jon

fatcat69
01-16-2008, 03:05 AM
first of all hi guys!

and i figured that its pretty hard to choose the right way to participate in this community!

so :

and there are guys with giveaways who hope to get the attention of people to let them see that they are the nice guys.

so i asked myself what is the right thing to do to get a site you are really looking for.
pretty difficult.

i just love
..getting a good ratio

enough said !

cheers
eram

Be patient and have faith in the system, youll get into whatever site you want just by asking politely...and sometimes people will just ask if you are in and if your not do you want to be. In one month I was able to get into every tracker here....so with that said here is some friendly advice:

1. become active in the communiy here at FST but also in your current trackers forums.
2. if they have irc, get on it! I have turned associations into friendships thanks to irc, the better someone knows you the more they trust you.
3.FST invite section can be tricky at times, but what I have learned is this:
Trackers nowadays really hate traders more then ever, I upload for two sites who regularly monitor forums and point out traders within seconds of the posts going up.

4. Asking politely for something in your range, will increase your chances of scoring that invite. Here is my quick estimate showing the best time to ask for a certain level based on post count...atleast this is what I have noticed.

0-100 ---hunt fst invite giveaways, but dont really make any requests as people will find you to be inactive.
100-300 ----go for the custom trackers...most dont have a level above 4 so you can find those invites or someone willing to give you one fairly easy here at FST.
300 and up...request away for anything...however it is HIGHLY unlikely that you will get an FTN/FSC or higher invite...due to the challenge of users just being able to ask for invites from the site staff at these sites.

members of bitmetv take great pride in the tracker...so youll prolly want to become really active here and contribute to the community before asking.

I hope my ideas help....its what got me into every site...for the most part atleast....again irc is a must as users active in 1 irc are normally active in others..

:D

buggyfresh
01-16-2008, 04:09 AM
I agree with fatcat69.

My experience - used this forum to get on to a site, didn't trade but it was a public giveaway (a no-no). a lot of these trackers have iRC channels (address ususally somewhere about their log in pages) where you can go and introduce yourself and let the admin, mods or users with invites get to know you and what you're about. It's not as easy as requesting here, but it'll probably save you a world of trouble if the tracker admin found out you got the invite by routes termed illegal. Good luck man!

whitmar
01-16-2008, 05:51 AM
eram, what a great early post! You must be a really quick study to have grasped so much of the big picture here. I feel as though I know a lot about you already, and that's what it's going to take for you to gain the trust of the good people on this forum who are already members of the higher level trackers. Most of us here love doing the same things you mentioned. But in order to protect our favorite sites, we need to keep them safe from people who would bring harm to them. Inviting trustworthy people is the only way to minimize the threat. If those people are also likable and fun to interact with, they are the kind of people nearly every tracker wants to fill its membership with. Fatcat's comments were right on target. I want to complement you on the polite attitude you portrayed in your post. It showed a lot of sincerity and humility to me, and I did not sense any cockiness from it. That has probably put you ahead of 95% of other members who have been here the same length of time as you. So keep putting yourself out there that way, and you'll probably be surprised how soon you find some of those highly coveted invites in your PM box.

predateur
01-16-2008, 06:19 AM
man, trading is the best way to get what you want (anyway for me :P)

rocky1234
01-16-2008, 06:42 AM
Really a nice way to request for an invite..Hope u get the same..

bigdaddykane
01-16-2008, 09:08 AM
wow awesome man.

sleepyy
01-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Be yourself simple really from that alone people will notice you're a good person or not. If you want to trade go ahead no problems not everybody hates traders you have responsible traders also it's not how you do things it's how you portray yourself at the end of the day. you will get tons of adivce from many different kinds of people take them all make your own decision with what you think is right don't let people decide for you not everybody will like you many will those that don't ignore

mrnobody
01-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah, trading or even giveaway happens to be against [many] tracker rule. Instead of making public giveaway what u can do is contact via pm. Whoever you see a deserving member seeking for an invite, just to make sure double check for history, and pm him...that way there isn't anything for tracker staff to claim that you gaveaway him the invite. Meanwhile, you can get lil or more rep points as well...rep points don't mean anything though but might help shut some mouth lol

Along with that, be patience, be nice and helpful, be active..and....i guess that's pretty much it.

Cruel
01-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Trading or giving invites to a trader can disabled whole invite trees that's why many people hate traders cause they can sometime screw things up for others.

Invites should be shared amongst friends who you trust more or less with some exceptions from staffs who can choose these in my opinion. Even though there is nothing wrong sharing a site someone has use for (reason for me giving out Brokenstones when I have).

But, you'll have BitMeTV someday if you just prove to be a great guy, friendly and helpful to the FST community (or some other forum or on IRC). But remember, trading will most definitly not get you into BitMeTV as they might think you will trade invites later on and risk the whole invite-tree.

Anyways Good luck mate, nice seeing something longer than 2 lines for a change :)

eram
01-17-2008, 11:54 AM
hey,

thank you all for your answers. and im glad that you could understand my english :)
they all gave me some new point of views.

this active thing will become pretty though for me in terms of posting since i never post that much on a forum.
normally i only do it when the stuff really interests me.
and im never on a hunt for 1000 posts or something.have to try now though.

but i already started to help some people out .
its not so much recognised than posting when you dont get rep for it
and it will just take some more time
but afterwards i hope its more worth

cheers
eram

whitmar
01-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Eram, votre anglais est excellent. In fact, your English is better than that of many people, whose only language is English.

Don't worry about the number of your posts, only the content. The quest for high post numbers tempts many people to spam these threads and waste bandwidth and page space with posts like "+1" or "nice giveaway, man". I know of members here with barely over 100 posts, myself included, who have been invited to level 9 trackers.

I agree with the majority of posters on this thread that trading should be avoided. The fact that it is condoned and facilitated on this forum may be confusing to new members. It is a very controversial issue with strong opinions on both sides. To me, it makes more sense to adopt the same position as the trackers of which I belong or want to belong, which is mostly against trading.

So, as I said in my earlier post, just keep doing what you're doing. You are already off to a great start.

fatcat69
01-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Eram, votre anglais est excellent. In fact, your English is better than that of many people, whose only language is English.

Don't worry about the number of your posts, only the content. The quest for high post numbers tempts many people to spam these threads and waste bandwidth and page space with posts like "+1" or "nice giveaway, man". I know of members here with barely over 100 posts, myself included, who have been invited to level 9 trackers.

I agree with the majority of posters on this thread that trading should be avoided. The fact that it is condoned and facilitated on this forum may be confusing to new members. It is a very controversial issue with strong opinions on both sides. To me, it makes more sense to adopt the same position as the trackers of which I belong or want to belong, which is mostly against trading.

So, as I said in my earlier post, just keep doing what you're doing. You are already off to a great start.

However being active in a forum cant hurt either...just to add to the wise words of whitmar. As you just have to balance fun with seriousness when it comes to forum posting. Quality is important though, and I promise you that all but 3 of my 800 some odd posts are quality....:lol:

Why...bc these ladies say so:
http://googlegirls.files.wordpress.com/2005/12/fsujenn6.jpg

Good luck on your quest!

eram
01-17-2008, 07:42 PM
|REQ| the second girl from the left ^

Giveaway
01-17-2008, 08:50 PM
yea, shes so hot :P

eram
01-20-2008, 02:28 PM
true that ^^ .

so now some days have passed and i learned to be more patient !
i guess i could never be a teacher or something.

by the way thx for the compliment whitmar,
your francaise appears to be pretty nice as well ,
i was so happy when i could drop it in school !
sooo lazy :)

xzander
01-20-2008, 02:44 PM
nice i hope u get what u want soon mate

tenis69
01-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Good Luck i hope you get what you want eram. fatcat69 |REQ| the first girl from the lef, just to animate guys in FST. I think a picture is great in this threads.:):)

ceasar
01-21-2008, 03:10 AM
yea, shes so hot :P
I'll take the one in the middle and the very right one, just to show 'em my robot, not what ya'll thought :naughty: :D :P

omitted
01-21-2008, 06:31 AM
good luck eram. if i had any invites i'd send some your way. does anyone else go fuckin berserk when you come home from school/work and see your torrent program is closed when you left it uploading?

mrbombastic
01-21-2008, 07:16 AM
You look real genuine man, seriously you look like someone who really wants that tracker site. I really do hope that you get what you need.

eram
01-22-2008, 04:19 AM
and i had some vodka :)

Dark Archon
01-25-2008, 04:34 AM
first of all hi guys!

so :

pretty difficult.

i just love
..getting a good ratio

enough said !

cheers
eram

Be patient and have faith in the system, youll get into whatever site you want just by asking politely...and sometimes people will just ask if you are in and if your not do you want to be. In one month I was able to get into every tracker here....so with that said here is some friendly advice:

1. become active in the communiy here at FST but also in your current trackers forums.
2. if they have irc, get on it! I have turned associations into friendships thanks to irc, the better someone knows you the more they trust you.
3.FST invite section can be tricky at times, but what I have learned is this:
Trackers nowadays really hate traders more then ever, I upload for two sites who regularly monitor forums and point out traders within seconds of the posts going up.

4. Asking politely for something in your range, will increase your chances of scoring that invite. Here is my quick estimate showing the best time to ask for a certain level based on post count...atleast this is what I have noticed.

0-100 ---hunt fst invite giveaways, but dont really make any requests as people will find you to be inactive.
100-300 ----go for the custom trackers...most dont have a level above 4 so you can find those invites or someone willing to give you one fairly easy here at FST.
300 and up...request away for anything...however it is HIGHLY unlikely that you will get an FTN/FSC or higher invite...due to the challenge of users just being able to ask for invites from the site staff at these sites.

members of bitmetv take great pride in the tracker...so youll prolly want to become really active here and contribute to the community before asking.

I hope my ideas help....its what got me into every site...for the most part atleast....again irc is a must as users active in 1 irc are normally active in others..

:D

thanks for the tips :P good luck to the OP

klubbhead25
01-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah just be a good user and stay active you'll get what you want :)

Sanka113
01-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Nice thread dude. You've gotta catch with me and Jon on the postcount though. Dec2007's are gonna run things here someday. Just watch us lol.

eram
01-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Nice thread dude. You've gotta catch with me and Jon on the postcount though. Dec2007's are gonna run things here someday. Just watch us lol.

hehe for sure we will!

and ill catch up with you guys
soonr or later ;)

well fking rule :)

Cruel
01-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Dec2007's are gonna run things here someday. Just watch us lol.

QFT! :shifty:

eram
01-28-2008, 07:18 PM
but it will still take some time ^

and more than over 600 views to get an invite ..hehe

eram
02-05-2008, 09:46 AM
just decided to give it another try and bump my thread.

maybe some nice members think that i deserve it now
after a time being active

anyways still looking for bitmtv and would be really thankfull to recive an invite

cheers mates
eram

hit79
02-05-2008, 09:49 AM
first of all hi guys!

so :

pretty difficult.

i just love
..getting a good ratio

enough said !

cheers
eram

What do you want?FTN?

monk3y
02-05-2008, 09:52 AM
good post, you pretty much summarized the status of what's going on here.

bikernin
02-05-2008, 11:17 AM
hmm one of the better requests i have seen. but in the end its bmtv invites you are asking for. we need to get to know you much better before you get an invite there since its one of the strictest trackers around

eram
02-05-2008, 06:02 PM
What do you want?FTN?

not yet :).
just asking for bitmtv.

and i know its strict , that the inviter is responsible for the guy he invites .
hope that someone will notice on fst that im a user who is to be trusted !
allways have a good ratio on all my trackers ,
if you need proof for that- its no problem.
there is no sense for me to hit and run on torrents cause i love my trackers
and would never risk to loose them!
i mean if someone puts so much effort into getting a tracker why would he risk to loose it ?
well i definitely wouldnt!

bikernin - hope to get to know you soon . :)

Nemrod
02-05-2008, 06:15 PM
My friend, 20 days since this post was opened and you havenīt been very active.
You are a nice guy, no doubt, but we need knowing you more.
As somebody said before, itīs BitMeTV what you are looking for, thatīs a risky shot, one of the most.
;)

eram
02-05-2008, 06:23 PM
active for me is not posting : yo nice giveaway dude!!1 all the time .
im on fst everyday for a pretty long time but im not posting stuff just to get a higher postcount.
but maybe youre right ^. just have to wait some more.
besides thx for the nice guy nemrod :)

Nemrod
02-05-2008, 06:56 PM
active for me is not posting : yo nice giveaway dude!!1 all the time .
im on fst everyday for a pretty long time but im not posting stuff just to get a higher postcount.
but maybe youre right ^. just have to wait some more.
besides thx for the nice guy nemrod :)

Of course, itīs better to be quiet than writing thanks and giving congrats only to increase your number of posts.
But tell me something: how do other people, people who could help you, know you better and deeper?

Anyway, with your answer you look much nicer to me. :lol: