PDA

View Full Version : TTi - Need gifted upload

1000possibleclaws
01-16-2008, 07:23 PM
My internet connection is shit right now and I just realized I can't even use the bonus system on TTi to get upload credit until I'm a power user... (50 gb upload) Does anyone have extra upload on TTi that could boost me up. Once I'm at 50 gigs I'll be able to gift my seed hours which can be exchanged for upload.. I'm in a catch 22 here and any extra upload would help :)

Also, if you add me on friends in TTi I will keep track of what you've gifted to me, and once I get enough upload to use my seed hours I'll gift the seed hours back to you as I got them, so that you can buy back the upload you gave me. The only other way would be for me to wait until the next semester is over for me to hopefully get an upgrade in my bandwidth. I really hope there are some generous people here at fst :D

edits:
Thnx Forumas (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/forumas-182863) for giving me credit and not asking for anything in return
Thnx Actatoi (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/actatoi-178361) for giving me 35 gb of upload and not wanting anything for it!
Thnx Nemrod (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/nemrod-184141) for giving me seed hours, and saving for upload cred
Thnx Green Goblin (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/-144728) for giving me 5 gigs upload!
Thnx vinhkhang01 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/vinhkhang01-121738) for giving me the final 5 gb
i really appreciate everything guys!

DyNast
01-16-2008, 07:28 PM
You are not even going to get a started? I mean, you want someone to give you the whole 50GB upload...? you know, you gotta upload something... at least try to

You gotta help yourself ;)

Edit:
either way, that's not the place to ask for such a thing...

1000possibleclaws
01-16-2008, 07:55 PM
i didnt say give 50 gb.. 5 gb would be fine. i've uploaded 500mb but my up speed is 10kb/s. where do i ask?

DyNast
01-16-2008, 08:03 PM
BT invites section, which you still can't get into... look it up in the forum for more info, and by the way, read the rules :)

1000possibleclaws
01-16-2008, 08:04 PM
im not asking for invites? im pretty sure this isnt against the rules... this is about bittorrent

fOrUmAs
01-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Edit:
either way, that's not the place to ask for such a thing...

lol then why have some member also asked the same thing in invite section and nice people have helped him..:yup:

i think its is right place,but not here at this section u should posed that in invite section when u get access

DyNast
01-16-2008, 08:11 PM
I meant that this section, the bittorrent section, isn't the right place :)

1000possibleclaws
01-16-2008, 08:25 PM
dynast, forumas and I both think this section is fine, if you don't want to help me out please just leave me alone instead of spamming my thread. A moderator will close it if he agrees with your opinion, but you don't have to state it 3 times

edit: forumas edited his post, but im not asking for an invite. sorry if you guys don't think i should have posted here...

DyNast
01-16-2008, 08:29 PM
That's not an opinion, that's pretty much a fact... so it's not exactly an invite, but it's on the same principle

Be patient and wait till you get an access to the invites section, but if you wish to keep this thread opened, be my guest... :\

1000possibleclaws
01-16-2008, 08:35 PM
its YOUR opinion and stop spamming my thread. close it if you want, just respect me enough to piss off after stating your thoughts THREE times and again after i asked that you stop. id rep you down if i could for being so stuck up and rude

shygrrrl
01-16-2008, 08:38 PM
It's freeleech right now. It shouldn't be that hard to seed and get upload.

1000possibleclaws
01-16-2008, 08:44 PM
i am getting upload, but its at 5kb-10kb/s

shygrrrl
01-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Every little bit adds up. Download during freeleech and seed it forever.

Nemrod
01-16-2008, 08:55 PM
I donīt know what connection you have, but I think youīd better ask help about configuring your torrent client.
If thatīs the maximum speed that you really can get, well, maybe sounds rude but in my opinion you canīt use BitTorrent.

And an advice not asked: people here tries to help you, telling you basics things but you are having a bad attitude. And believe me, FST is a place where you can get things you even donīt know they exist, but being kind and polite. That way you are acting what youīll get here is absolutely nothing.

fOrUmAs
01-16-2008, 08:56 PM

well u have said u have 50 Kb/s true isnt not that fast but i have seen other people that have even less than u and they doing fine,start to leech new torrent,also if there is no torrent that u like to download no matter just grab some with many leechers..also if i had more seedhour i would send u at least 5GB but i dont have much atm...

remind me few days later and then i will have enough to send u 5GB:)

kayvanblue
01-16-2008, 09:02 PM

hey my friend, what isp are you using? if your answer Is "Rogers" do yourself a favor and quit the torrent industry ! most Canadian isp are facing you with aggressive traffic shaping! with 5kb or 10 kb upload speed you aint going anywhere!
i hope someone gives you the gift though!!!

1000possibleclaws
01-16-2008, 09:06 PM
I donīt know what connection you have, but I think youīd better ask help about configuring your torrent client.
If thatīs the maximum speed that you really can get, well, maybe sounds rude but in my opinion you canīt use BitTorrent.

And an advice not asked: people here tries to help you, telling you basics things but you are having a bad attitude. And believe me, FST is a place where you can get things you even donīt know they exist, but being kind and polite. That way you are acting what youīll get here is absolutely nothing.

I dont think Im having a bad attitude... that other poster posted his opinion 4 times in a row, and that pissed me off.

and to forumas, thanks for the offer, id be really grateful if when you have extra seed hours you could send some upload over to me. True, I am seeding constantly, and over 10 days I've gotten almost 700 mb uploaded. I have enough seed hours for a 10 gig upload but i cant use/give them to people who help me until i have a 50 gb upload.

I posted this here originally because i realized i would never become a power user (well not this year anyways) unless people helped me out. My seed hours would stockpile and then I would never be able to cash them in. I was hoping people in here with a positive attitude might help me get started and then afterwards I would gift them back 1 at a time. Unfortunately, almost everyone whos posted here didnt read my original post well enough to understand this, or they just came in with a negative outlook

Nemrod
01-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I read your post, and Iīd like to help you, but letīs face the truth: as you say you canīt upload almost anything, so, any help will be just an aspirin, a punctual solution, but you canīt expect that people help you all the time, and I tnink thatīs not what you want.
Tell us what connection you have, maybe you can improve the upload... who knows, knowing something more about you and your connection... perhaps somebody have a good idea or advice.

Actatoi
01-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Nemrod, he will be able to get more uploaded beacuse of the bonus system, which is really nice. Just that he can't use it atm beacuse he isn't a power user yet.

Nemrod
01-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Well... send me your username via PM.

1000possibleclaws
01-16-2008, 10:37 PM
thanks to the people who have offered me upload credit! so far i have 5 gigs and there still 1 person who is going to give me some next time he logs on :)

zxcv
01-17-2008, 12:30 AM
very good attitude of those who helped you.

The best in "return" you can do now (for the bittorrent) it's try to solve your problem, exchanging seedhours for upload not means "uploading"

briand5379
01-17-2008, 01:41 AM
So how much upload are you up to.

ShadowsServant
01-17-2008, 01:58 AM

The best in "return" you can do now (for the bittorrent) it's try to solve your problem, exchanging seedhours for upload not means "uploading"

I agree, could be that your firewall is suppressing your connection or maybe you have to manually open up some port for your router not be be a bother, if you have one that is. Many possibilities, lots of people here that can help you out. :yup:

Zaxx
01-17-2008, 02:05 AM
Only just got an acct on TTi...gimme some time to build up and I'd be glad to help if you still need it. ;)

1000possibleclaws
01-17-2008, 02:14 AM
So how much upload are you up to.

I'm at just over 40 gigs, people have been very generous. I'd really appreciate if a someone would help me out with the extra 10, or even 5, for me to reach power user. :D

I agree, could be that your firewall is suppressing your connection or maybe you have to manually open up some port for your router not be be a bother, if you have one that is. Many possibilities, lots of people here that can help you out. :yup:

no, unfortunately my ports are forwarding and my internet is going as fast as it can. unless I get a hacked router my upload speed is not gonna get better.. my download speed isn't great either, but I'm ok with it.

About the exchanging seed hours not helping the 'community', sorry if it makes you bitter but it's the best I can do on a dvd tracker. Thankfully there are people who seed like crazy, and I do seed indefinately on the torrents without someone like that hosting them. For music trackers I still upload my own music, and it takes a while to get out at first, but it still works. I hope you know my internet connection is only temporary.. Back when it was faster I shared alot, and next semester I plan on moving into a residence with high speed internet.

vinhkhang01
01-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Peace guys... After all, it's just a torrent matter - not a life threatening right!

grimms
01-17-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm at just over 40 gigs, people have been very generous. I'd really appreciate if a someone would help me out with the extra 10, or even 5, for me to reach power user. :D

Lucky you i'm only at 20 GB's.:( I just read you need 50GB to become a PU. I got along way to go. Well I commend the people that helped you get your GB and Ratio up. TTi is a wonderful site with alot to offer.:D

vinhkhang01
01-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Grimms, 5GB UL to you.

grimms
01-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Grimms, 5GB UL to you.

Thanks man. Appreciate it.:D

RainRoofer
01-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Nice man, wish someone could do the same for me :P

1000possibleclaws
01-17-2008, 05:30 PM
aww Corey and Grimms, you could've waited to jack my thread until after i got to power user..

Nemrod
01-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Remember: 30 days to become PU, no matter your ratio or Gbs uploaded.

1000possibleclaws
01-17-2008, 05:51 PM
oh ok, i forgot about that. so i guess i'm not in that much of a hurry cause i'm not at a month yet.

fOrUmAs
01-17-2008, 06:07 PM
aww Corey and Grimms, you could've waited to jack my thread until after i got to power user..

lol u will have more GB than me after all this gift:P

1000possibleclaws
01-19-2008, 01:13 AM
I just thought I'd bump this cause it's moved way down on the list and I only really need 1 more 5 gig upload before I'm at the PU level :D

Actatoi
01-19-2008, 01:23 AM
I got along way to go.

15gb less now. :unsure:

grimms
01-19-2008, 01:28 AM

Sorry man. You started a great thread, couldn't resist. Your doing good though.:P

1000possibleclaws
01-19-2008, 01:48 AM
grimms, its fine now. all i need is 1 more gift and then you can feel free to take this thread over if you want. i also pm'ed you about an idea, and that i'll make you power user with my seed hours once i can use them :)

vinhkhang01
01-19-2008, 05:11 AM
PM your username @TTi

Cruel
01-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Wow, people are really helpful in this thread :D

vinhkhang01
01-20-2008, 02:48 AM
Just gave you the last 5GB, but it's still not a PU yet according to the info.

1000possibleclaws
01-20-2008, 03:16 AM
I rechecked the faq and i have to be a member for 30 days AND have 50 gigs upload to be a power user.. i guess i have a little while to wait then.. well i guess this thread can be closed, unless another fst user that needs upload wants to hijack it. I'll help with new members as soon as i've passed 1 month at TTi. I'll have alot of seed hours accumulated by then!

vinhkhang01
01-20-2008, 03:23 AM
:( Another 2 weeks wait time. Anyhow, time flies by really quick. :D

grimms
01-20-2008, 03:46 AM
Same here.