a flick?

Agrajag
01-16-2008, 08:46 PM
You
wee
flicker

Proper Bo
01-16-2008, 08:50 PM
i'm sure there's a joke in there, old bean.

Biggles
01-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Missed it - was it good?

Presumably it is repeated at some point on one of the other Beeb channels

thebazzla
01-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Missed it - was it good?

Presumably it is repeated at some point on one of the other Beeb channelsit is on bbc3 now :)

Agrajag
01-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Missed it - was it good?

Indeed

or

Fuck Sake Les (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008s14v.shtml?filter=azgroup%3Atuv&filter=channel%3Abbc_two&start=2&scope=iplayeratoz&version_pid=b008s14n)

Biggles
01-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Missed it - was it good?

Indeed

or

Fuck Sake Les (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008s14v.shtml?filter=azgroup%3Atuv&filter=channel%3Abbc_two&start=2&scope=iplayeratoz&version_pid=b008s14n)

Ta Muchly :)

Barbarossa
01-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Was it about 6 minutes into the episode before Barrowman kissed another bloke? :pinch:

I'm going to find it hard to get past his ego and enjoy this series, I think :dabs:

chalice
01-17-2008, 09:38 AM
I let my 10 year old watch it. He was flabbergasted when the male lip action went down. I lol'd like.

-But Dad, why...
-Shut up and watch it!

Overall, I thought it was a pretty good ep except for that bit where they all come back and say something like "every time you put us down we'll just keep coming back stronger than ever". Scriptwriter should be shot for that.

Thought Spike off of Buffy was pretty good.

Barbarossa
01-17-2008, 09:40 AM
I did like his line

"You live in a monument. Could you be any more pretentious?"

:lol:

Busyman
01-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Was it about 6 minutes into the episode before Barrowman kissed another bloke? :pinch:

I loike teh show but I thought the same thing.

They put a lot of gay shit in the show and it's rather irritating.

On one show, Barrowman was practically going after for some bloke in the past. He's got to be gay irl.

Is this guy a brat speaking with an American accent?

Also is the show made by the same folk that make Dr Who?

The filming is similar.

chalice
01-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Yep, it's a Doctor Who spin off.

Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who.

Doctor Who shites on it from a great height though imo.

Busyman
01-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Yep, it's a Doctor Who spin off.

Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who.

Doctor Who shites on it from a great height though imo.

Yeah I can agree with that although I haven't watched the most recent season of Dr. Who.

When you say spin-off, was Torchwood in the Doctor Who TV show?

chalice
01-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Barrowman was in Doctor Who as Captain Jack. He proved popular so they gave him his own show. He was made immortal in some time vortex thingymabob in a Doctor Who episode.

They wanted an edgier, more adult show, hence the gheyitude.

Skweeky
01-17-2008, 07:44 PM

On one show, Barrowman was practically going after for some bloke in the past. He's got to be gay irl.

The filming is similar.

Erm... what's wrong with gay stuff? :mellow: It's not different from him going back in time for a woman

And Barrowman is originally Scottish but moved the States when he was a wee boy, hence the weird accent.

Something Else
01-17-2008, 07:48 PM
It's not different from him going back in time for a woman

I beg to differ. :snooty:

Busyman
01-17-2008, 08:03 PM
[quote=Busyman;2592349]

The filming is similar.

Erm... what's wrong with gay stuff? :mellow: It's not different from him going back in time for a woman

Erm....Captainobviously I don't like seeing it. :ermm: Seeing men kiss makes sick a bit.

And uhhh it's damn different from him going back for a woman. I can only of one type of person that would think it's no different and that would be bisexual. Even then, they should be able to understand.

And Barrowman is originally Scottish but moved the States when he was a wee boy, hence the weird accent.

Oh I thought he could be brat since they tend to do American accents very well.

Is he gay in IRL? I can't think of straight person doing that for an "acting" job.

Agrajag
01-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Barrowman is as Gay as a biscuit.

Spike out of Buffy isn't tho'.

He just did it for an acting job.

Agrajag
01-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Torchwood originally comes from the werewolf one, with Queen Victoria.

Agrajag
01-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Then there's the real Torchwood House in Scotland

http://www.visittorchwood.co.uk/

Torchwood House is one of Scotland's most interesting properties, with some sections dating back to the fifteenth century. The House was extensively rebuilt in the late 1600s, with further work then completed in the early nineteenth century.

Although it was a house built to impress, much of it fell into disrepair during the time of Sir George MacLeish in the 1800s. An eccentric man, Sir George was fascinated by both the sciences and local folklore. He was good friends with the Queen Victoria's husband Prince Albert. Many a servant was kept awake waiting on Sir George and the Prince as they whiled away nights discussing the mysteries of the heavens!

Agrajag
01-17-2008, 09:39 PM
See how that fits in with the storyline.

Well do you.

Agrajag
01-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Fuck sake it's even got an observatory

It was Sir George who built the famous Torchwood Observatory. A magnificent and beautiful piece of workmanship, the original is now in private hands, but a fully-functioning replica stands in its place today.

The House has a number of unique features. Its name comes from the wood used in the construction of the Great Staircase. Local legend said it was made from a gallows struck down by lightning (the Torched Wood), but recent studies have shown it to be Amyris Elemifera, which grows as a large tree in tropical areas such as Florida. Its oils are said to have excellent medicinal qualities. It is believed that one of Sir George's eccentricities was to have a number of the trees shipped over to Scotland, using their wood to rebuild the staircase.

Agrajag
01-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Oh my God the mistletoe bit and Victoria staying there and he died that night

Visitors are often struck by the unusual air of the library - curiously, Sir George had the walls and doors varnished with viscum album - oil of mistletoe.

When Sir Robert MacLeish died in 1879 the male line was extinguished, and his widow ordered the house shut up. It was subsequently purchased by The Crown, perhaps in remembrance of the close bond between the MacLeishes and Queen Victoria's beloved husband Prince Albert.

The Queen visited Torchwood herself once, and her bedroom can still be seen. It cannot have been a happy visit, however. Tragically, Sir Robert died during her stay.

Agrajag
01-17-2008, 09:43 PM
It's spooky as fuck like.

chalice
01-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Brilliant.

Plus all royals are gheys.

It all fits.

Busyman™
01-18-2008, 03:31 AM

I figured he was teh gay.

What gayity did Spike from Buffy play in loike? Did he play gayicity constantly loike Barrowman or was it a once-loike role loike?

I also wonder if the maker of teh show is gay cuz why would he/she throw that in there?

The only character I can think of that actually adds a dynamic to himself by being gay is Omar from The Wire.

He's stuff, fears no one, steals from and kills drug dealers but is gayer than a Toyota Prius. I've cringed every time they put him mouth kissing a dude too.

The time travel ep in TW was irritating cuz that was what the whole episode was about.

Something Else
01-18-2008, 03:35 AM

So the show sounds pretty :ghey: overall to sum up.

Agrajag
01-18-2008, 03:35 AM

I figured he was teh gay.

What gayity did Spike from Buffy play in loike? Did he play gayicity constantly loike Barrowman or was it a once-loike role loike?

I also wonder if the maker of teh show is gay cuz why would he/she throw that in there?

The only character I can think of that actually adds a dynamic to himself by being gay is Omar from The Wire.

He's stuff, fears no one, steals from and kills drug dealers but is gayer than a Toyota Prius. I've cringed every time they put him mouth kissing a dude too.

The time travel ep in TW was irritating cuz that was what the whole episode was about.

I have absolutely no idea what you just tried to say but thanks for the input.

Busyman™
01-18-2008, 04:48 AM

Hmmm I found out that:

The creator, Russell T Davies, also made Queer As Folk and a gay mini-series, Bob and Rose.

Oh and Russell is gay himself.

I am not surprised.

Barbarossa
01-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Oh my God the mistletoe bit and Victoria staying there and he died that night

Visitors are often struck by the unusual air of the library - curiously, Sir George had the walls and doors varnished with viscum album - oil of mistletoe.

When Sir Robert MacLeish died in 1879 the male line was extinguished, and his widow ordered the house shut up. It was subsequently purchased by The Crown, perhaps in remembrance of the close bond between the MacLeishes and Queen Victoria's beloved husband Prince Albert.

The Queen visited Torchwood herself once, and her bedroom can still be seen. It cannot have been a happy visit, however. Tragically, Sir Robert died during her stay.

:lol: IT'S ALL TRUE! :ph34r:

EDIT: Except the disclaimer page, which is totally made up...:dry:

Agrajag
01-18-2008, 07:01 PM

Hmmm I found out that:

The creator, Russell T Davies, also made Queer As Folk and a gay mini-series, Bob and Rose.

I am not surprised.

You genuinely don't get the idea that people from the future, or from another planet may see sexuality from this time as repressed, at least on the surface. In the same way as we may see Victorian sexuality in the same light.

Neither of the characters are portrayed as gay they are portrayed as being if anything bi-sexual. However if memory serves Capn. Jack has expressed the opinion that he wouldn't be averse to a bit of cross species action. Indeed if they are from a different planet that's almost certainly the case anyway. Whatever the gender.

I could just delete all of the above and type "homophobe" however I've typed it now so I won't bother.

chalice
01-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Hmmm I found out that:

I am not surprised.

You genuinely don't get the idea that people from the future, or from another planet may see sexuality from this time as repressed, at least on the surface. In the same way as we may see Victorian sexuality in the same light.

Neither of the characters are portrayed as gay they are portrayed as being if anything bi-sexual. However if memory serves Capn. Jack has expressed the opinion that he wouldn't be averse to a bit of cross species action. Indeed if they are from a different planet that's almost certainly the case anyway. Whatever the gender.

I could just delete all of the above and type "homophobe" however I've typed it now so I won't bother.

My foundation of disbelief as regards to the 'omnisexualism' which pervades Torchwood (and to some extent now, Doctor Who) comes from your very point. Indubitably, sexual preferences are likely to be diverse in the future and it's a nice plot arc to some degree.

I have a problem with the way it's handled, so to speak. I think it's thrown in as shock-factor. Watching Captain Jack's progress through Doctor Who and Torchwood, I think rather than being gay, he's some kind of sex maniac. He was revving up to slip one into David Tennant at the end of the last series if I remember correctly.

There are women, and there are men. There are animals and there are alien mollusks. But hands off the Timelords. That's just sick.

Agrajag
01-18-2008, 10:03 PM
There are women, and there are men. There are animals and there are alien mollusks. But hands off the Timelords. That's just sick.

Indeed, that's taking it too far.

Busyman™
01-19-2008, 05:46 PM
I think it's thrown in as shock-factor.

Exactly. The creator being gay certainly plays a part in that.

Busyman™
01-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Hmmm I found out that:

I am not surprised.

How so? I don't like seeing men kiss. I'm not scared of homosexuals.

The show is good otherwise so I continue to watch it. It doesn't derail the entire show. It's just annoying and adds no dynamic to the character.

Funny enough, I'm glad HDNet brought it over here. Torchwood looks great in HD (but not men kissing in HD:sneaky:).

I wish they had Doctor Who instead of the Sci-Fi channel (no HD feed on FIOS yet).

Fromagepas
01-19-2008, 06:18 PM

I'm not scared of homosexuals.

Bet you're not afraid of your house either. http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:T5cLUW0rfmFWjM:http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/702.%24plit/C_71_article_1001290_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Busyman™
01-19-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm not scared of homosexuals.

Bet you're not afraid of your house either. http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:T5cLUW0rfmFWjM:http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/702.%24plit/C_71_article_1001290_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Uh yeahhhhh, mmk.