PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Bay offers to help host Demonoid...

Zaxx
01-16-2008, 09:24 PM
This could get real interesting....:)

http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-welcome-in-sweden-080116/

monk3y
01-16-2008, 09:29 PM
+1 for TPB, nice to see one tracker helping an other one

mievmo
01-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Hmm.... that is nice.

t0mmy
01-16-2008, 09:31 PM
sounds awesome man :D

fOrUmAs
01-16-2008, 09:32 PM
hmm very interesting :D

hope to the best :)

fazzy07
01-16-2008, 09:53 PM
<3
Would be great to see Demonoid back

aaatoel
01-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Hope it's real...

panoli
01-16-2008, 10:03 PM
oh its great! :w00t:

rcx
01-16-2008, 10:05 PM
good for them

Horatiu
01-16-2008, 10:07 PM
All the best to TPB.
Come back Demonoid, there's nothing like you.

ScreaminJay
01-16-2008, 10:09 PM
While this is great news, do we not all understand that the return of the site called Demonoid will not mean the return of what the site was then.

I mean, they will need to start back from zero torrents. It will be just like what and waffles are trying to do... slowly building up to be what OiNK was, but it will take months still for them to reach this point.

So, while it's good news, a returning demonoid will be just like a new site. It will only be good cause so many people have been using it and they will return en masse.

lostdemon
01-16-2008, 10:11 PM
What has the world come to that the masses aniticipate the ressurection of a demon?
Just kidding. Hope demonoid accepts TPB offer. I would love to see demonoid back then I wouldn't be lost anymore.

http://www.ianandwendy.com/OtherTrips/SouthPacific/Easter-Island/Hanga-Roa/Hanga-Roa-10.JPG

Zaxx
01-16-2008, 10:51 PM
While this is great news, do we not all understand that the return of the site called Demonoid will not mean the return of what the site was then.

I mean, they will need to start back from zero torrents. It will be just like what and waffles are trying to do... slowly building up to be what OiNK was, but it will take months still for them to reach this point.

So, while it's good news, a returning demonoid will be just like a new site. It will only be good cause so many people have been using it and they will return en masse.

True enough. I'd say the 'recovery time' won't be that bad compared to waffles/what.

Hazardous
01-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Interesting indeed

mrnobody
01-16-2008, 11:49 PM

i heard they have the whole thing as it is i.e. all user acct, torrents, forum post etc.

zxcv
01-16-2008, 11:51 PM
yeah would be awesome.

I agree with the opinion that at the beginning won't be the same. It will take a long time to comeback to the "real" demonoid well known for us.

But it can't be compared with waffles/what, because:
1. Those are new trackers. New names.
2. Are two instead demonoid it's one. They can't handle all the users from oink.
3. They haven't been opened for new signups instead demonoid did. And demonoid was almost public tracker.
4. Not everyone need only music, demonoid was general tracker.
5. But the most important thing it's that we need a good tracker, for all kind of torrents. Was a big lost to the torrent community because without any doubt the majority of releases on public trackers came from demonoid. and think TPB isn't enough.

Would be good if Waffles-What merge into a new one.
In other hand, Thepiratebay needs to improve a lot! and don't know why they don't, the main page it's slow, the search function it's worst than "suprmininovatorrents" or whatever and the speeds are ssslooow.

daveboyboy
01-17-2008, 12:27 AM
This'll be awesome if they accept it. Here's hoping.

ShadowsServant
01-17-2008, 02:06 AM
This is good news, I hope that once Deimos has everything settled that he will accept TPB help. Very generous of them.

$we
01-17-2008, 02:54 AM
i heard they have the whole thing as it is i.e. all user acct, torrents, forum post etc.

Me, too. I haven't heard of anything happening to their data, so ASAICT they'll still have their torrents indexed, users profiles, and even their (many) ads!

ScreaminJay... from where did you get the idea that demonoid won't come back alive and kickin' (lol @ "Mudcat").

Zelucifer
01-17-2008, 03:21 AM
I have to agree with zxcv on this one, if and when Demonoid comes back, it will, most likely, quickly regain its former "glory". The community really needs a semi-private tracker that handles packs.

I'm really surprised that TPB is willing to do this though, after they made a public tracking Oink.

jonny81985
01-17-2008, 03:22 AM
I was never really a huge fan of demonoid but it would be nice to see it back

fsephie
01-17-2008, 04:16 AM
Does anybody else have any qualms with ThePirateBay trying to move in as the defacto bittorrent monopoly? People often talk about the division of sites and increased redundancy in the system, so how does having all the sites under one roof help that? I'm sure TPB's actions are noble, but I don't think they'll help out bittorrent out in the long run.

Daniel
01-17-2008, 04:38 AM
Does anybody else have any qualms with ThePirateBay trying to move in as the defacto bittorrent monopoly? People often talk about the division of sites and increased redundancy in the system, so how does having all the sites under one roof help that? I'm sure TPB's actions are noble, but I don't think they'll help out bittorrent out in the long run.
The idea of a hydra-like bittorrent system is working pretty well with the many private trackers that exist and I'm all for supporting it. But in this case you're probably accusing wrongly. Demonoid is already down after all and each help to get it back should be properly appreciated, especially after it was known that money and hosting were an issue for Demonoid.

FatBob
01-17-2008, 04:43 AM
really appreciate TPB's effort to bring back demonoid .

any response from the demonoid sysop ?

fsephie (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/fsephie-168833) , demonoid being dead helps the bt community in the "long run" ?

shygrrrl
01-17-2008, 06:15 AM
Didn't the guy who ran Demonoid express that he was done with it? Maybe he doesn't want to bring it back.

VIZFX
01-17-2008, 07:02 AM
I for one would love to see Demoniod back...

grimms
01-17-2008, 07:03 AM
Very good to hear. I hope Demonoid comes back real soon.

suprneb
01-17-2008, 08:19 AM
i honestly love TPB now - just today i read those legal papers they got with all the threats from companies - good stuff :D

GoLDeN
01-17-2008, 10:24 AM
really it will be great to see that happen it will be the first helpful partnership i ever sow between two trackers

Giveaway
01-17-2008, 09:54 PM
well, guys hope demonoid will be back asap