PDA

View Full Version : do you share .torrent files with friends ?

FatBob
01-17-2008, 09:42 AM
i mean when your friend wants a file from a site that he is not a member of , do you help him out by giving the .torrent file to download the file to his HDD ?

its not trading or anything . so whats your opinion on that ? :happy:

rusty28
01-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Doesn't he need to be registered? If the tracker can't make a connection to the person he still can't download it.... I am a newb in this but think he has to be registered.

JA
01-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Hell yeahs.

If they want something, i'll get it off TL or something and send it their way xDD

FatBob
01-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Doesn't he need to be registered? If the tracker can't make a connection to the person he still can't download it.... I am a newb in this but think he has to be registered.

nop , he doesnt need to register . whatever he downloads / uploads from that torrent file get updated in my stats

its my passkey , so thats how it works :D

arbaal
01-17-2008, 09:50 AM
No.
I preferably download it myself, burn and give it to my friend. I don't have many friends using bittorrent network, and if they do, they stick with public molochs like mininova and mostly don't seed back.

aaatoel
01-17-2008, 09:53 AM
No!!! Absolutely never! If a friend a mine wants something I will download it myself and give it to him in my usb flash drive or i will upload it in rapidshare and he can download it from there!

JA
01-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Holy fuck...you guys really value your accounts.
I can't seem to find why you wouldn't give him one or two torrents, hell even if it cost me my account, if hes happy at the end of the day its all that matters. Remember theirs a life outside of the internet, take advantage of it ;)

anto
01-17-2008, 09:59 AM
download it and burn it to a disc for then

Night0wl
01-17-2008, 09:59 AM
I never give away my .torrent file, but I have no problem either burning it to disk, putting it on their usb/harddrive or upping it somewhere else where they can download it themselves.

It off course depends on which site it is. A few sites don't care whether you share your account with a friend, but they are few and far between.

t0mmy
01-17-2008, 10:03 AM
dont trackers ban you for downloading a torrent more then once

t0mmy
01-17-2008, 10:03 AM

JA
01-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Not really..so you accidentally delete a file and if you re-download it you get banned? :S

t0mmy
01-17-2008, 10:06 AM
i mean like the files

FatBob
01-17-2008, 10:08 AM
I can't seem to find why you wouldn't give him one or two torrents, hell even if it cost me my account, if hes happy at the end of the day its all that matters. Remember theirs a life outside of the internet, take advantage of it ;)

:lol::lol:

let me clarify , by friend i mean your real life friend , not an online friend

http://xs123.xs.to/xs123/08034/asl-old_obese672.jpg
who is outside your country

what kindof tracker does that ?:dabs:

JA
01-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Yeh real life friend, how would they give a usb to an e-friend? :P

fatcat69
01-17-2008, 10:11 AM
I usually set up a private ftp with ssl for all my friends to use...

secure safe and dont have to worry about mods going on power trips

Horatiu
01-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Of course i do. They are my friends after all. If among friends we wouldn't share then...
But the problem is they don't seem to get this ratio thing (seeding back). Most of my friends download of public trackers and aren't used to seed back, or even worse - cheat (those i wouldn't give my .torrent files to).
It's no problem if i were to get banned, so what? At least it was for a nobile cause.

Mike_007
01-17-2008, 12:17 PM
i think give him the password is more simple, if he is my friend.

jam0980tr
01-17-2008, 01:08 PM
i mean when your friend wants a file from a site that he is not a member of , do you help him out by giving the .torrent file to download the file to his HDD ?

well me i don't give out torrent files i just give ftp axxs to D drive and thats it login download, well i help out only good people..

Polarbear
01-17-2008, 01:49 PM

if a friend needs torrents, i invite him to that site. very simple.

fOrUmAs
01-17-2008, 01:51 PM

i dont do that,but if he need something from site that he is not member than i download what he need:)

Lowfront
01-17-2008, 02:00 PM
I usually set up a private ftp with ssl for all my friends to use...

secure safe and dont have to worry about mods going on power trips

same here all of my friends are on my ftp server with ssl.

I grab everyone stuff daily.

danio
01-17-2008, 02:35 PM

^^ what he said!

FatBob
01-17-2008, 02:57 PM

its not that simple :mellow:

most of my real life friends doesnt know anything about torrenting .

and seriously why do you need to invite someone when all he needs is a torrent from that site :lol:

TP635
01-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Non of my friends know anything about torrent; the nearest thing they know about filesharing is Limewire or kazza. If they want something all they need is a flashdrive or an external drive that I can use to transfer the files to.

OmaRin0
01-17-2008, 03:34 PM
SURE!
if they need something, i give them the torrent, i don't see any problem!

sky511
01-17-2008, 03:55 PM
no doubt of that i will give him ALL he wants not only one
so i can find help later when i need
lol

Giveaway
01-17-2008, 09:48 PM
if that's a private site i simply respect the rules and dont give the torrent to anyone

grimms
01-17-2008, 10:02 PM
I would never give a friend a torrent. file. I would download the file (Movie, Game, Ebook, Mp3 album, etc) from the site then burn it on a cd for a friend to borrow or keep. Never give anyone a torrent. file, thats an instant ban on any tracker. Also very stupid if you value your accounts.

max59x
01-17-2008, 10:08 PM

Yeaah, that's WHY PEOPLE DON'T SHARE .TORRENTS they just download them GET OUT OF THEIR BLACK HOLES AND ADVENTURE IN THE OUTSIDE WORLD, to give them PERSONALLY to their friends OK? man, now it's me who says: THERE'S a WORLD outside of the INTERNET ok? You can go outside and borrow the thing your friend wants :rolleyes:

LOL :shutup:

Jackel09
01-17-2008, 10:16 PM
I don't give them my account. I'll usually upload it and post it on rapidshare if its something they want.

fazzy07
01-17-2008, 10:30 PM
I give the torrent file to my real life friend if I cant invite him otherwise I just invite him

No biggie. Friendship is more important

STEViEAR
01-17-2008, 10:53 PM
No way, I dont trust anyone. I will download something for them and give them it or download it from me through ftp

VIZFX
01-17-2008, 11:29 PM
I think that's a big no, no

bunny67
01-17-2008, 11:41 PM
No way, I dont trust anyone. I will download something for them and give them it or download it from me through ftpsame here! but then none of my real life mates are into torrenting they are more likely to be down the pub or bingo hall

lsw0794
01-18-2008, 01:59 AM
no
only leave it on disk