PDA

View Full Version : Why FTN is popular?

rukshankb
01-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi to all
I saw Most of users talk about the tracker FTN. Some times the price of an invite is too much high.

So why's that tracker is good?

sear
01-17-2008, 04:14 PM
what you wouldn't sell your soul to be 1337 :blink:

_coder_
You get a free pint of beer when you join.

PRINCE
read that to know
most of ppl want this great site
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-trackers-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post2438830/postcount8823

Nemrod
01-17-2008, 04:26 PM
FTN is not good, itīs just perfect.

fOrUmAs
01-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi to all
I saw Most of users talk about the tracker FTN. Some times the price of an invite is too much high.

friendly staff and community...but probably biggest reasone why most of them want FTN is because there is no ratio system which means freeleech on torrent forever:)

monk3y
01-17-2008, 04:49 PM
i agree with Forumas that the great ratio system they have implemented is just perfect, but even before the current system it was very popular and was considered a very wanted site.

Polarbear
01-17-2008, 04:50 PM
how do you define popular?

ftn has a very small userbase compared to other trackers.

so if popular means many users - ftn isn't popular.

the global demand for ftn isn't very high. most people don't even know the tracker.

sites like demonid, oink, or tl nowadays had/have a much higher global demand.

ftn is a tracker with a very high quality standard and it's one of the best 0-day tracker.

but other trackers are much more popular.

in fact the most popular tracker is pirate bay.

ftn gets around 150 new members every month.

other trackers get thousands.

popularity can only be measured by the actual userbase and the demand for invites.

the begging threads in the invite section attract attention, that doesn't mean that there is a high overall demand for ftn invites.

the tracker is rare, because there are more people requesting invites than people giving them.

most people in this thread will answer why they like ftn, but not why it is popular.

edit: groovy new sig, sear.

bikernin
01-17-2008, 04:52 PM
i think this topic has been discussed at length several times before. kindly use the search button
spot on PB

tenis69
01-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Iīm a member just only a month and what can i say about FTN??? Simply there is a great tracker and all what FORUMAS say - there is no ratio system which means freeleech on torrent forever.:):)

Cruel
01-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Cause Brandon IS TEH BOMB!

:wub:
B

monk3y
01-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Cause Brandon IS TEH BOMB!

:wub:
B

you mean Balajik right ? :blink:

j/k

Sanka113
01-17-2008, 05:15 PM
FTN is so popular because it's also a status symbol. You've gotta be a baaad man to get into FTN, lol.

VIZFX
01-17-2008, 05:54 PM
I heard that its all about the community. No ratio system, yeah right.

ScreaminJay
01-17-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm a new member from a few days ago. I like it. But I can't understand why people go nuts for invite to this site... unless it is just to leech their ass off like there's no tomorrow. If you just want a 0day site that have free leech, join SmokingInTheRain.

jonny81985
01-17-2008, 06:05 PM
FTN is all about community, I am not a member there but hope to someday be. It has a lot of exclusive content. As far as pretimes go there are other sites just as good but the great thing about FTN is the members. They are very careful who gets in so you are only there with quality users.

Jon

IceTee
01-17-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm a new member from a few days ago. I like it. But I can't understand why people go nuts for invite to this site... unless it is just to leech their ass off like there's no tomorrow. If you just want a 0day site that have free leech, join SmokingInTheRain.

I'm sorry to say this but...
I REALLY dislike SITR design! Makes my eyes go :wacko:

FTN is all about community, I am not a member there but hope to someday be. It has a lot of exclusive content. As far as pretimes go there are other sites just as good but the great thing about FTN is the members. They are very careful who gets in so you are only there with quality users.

Jon

Key words being community/quality users! :yes:

aysomc
01-17-2008, 06:09 PM
your e-penis doubles in size when you get invited, thats why.

Nemrod
01-17-2008, 06:13 PM

Buddy... are you SITR owner or something like that?.
I agree, itīs a nice site but itīs nothing from other world, a nice tracker with very few seeders and less leechers, and a potable bonus seeder system.
And I say it again: I like SITR but for me... FTN and SITR shouldnīt go both in the same sentence.

ScreaminJay
01-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Nothing like that, I'm just tired of people overhyping sites like FTN. It's to a point where people pay for them and all... Didn't you see the torrentfreak article yesterday?
http://torrentfreak.com/trading-bittorrent-***************-080115/

It is to a point where it is an economy of invites. Where you gonna say a line as silly as "FTN and SITR shouldn't go both in the same sentence"... Do you see how pathetic that sound... and how it is only based on tracker scarcity. If SITR was lvl 9 and FTN was lvl 3, you would say the exact same thing, the other way arond.

0Ri0N
01-17-2008, 06:27 PM
FTN is a great tracker, period, it could be level 1 with open signups that still would be one of the greatest 0day sites around. FTN is not just about rarity. SITR layout/design makes sick.

danio
01-17-2008, 06:28 PM
FTN is a really nice tracker. Good speeds, pre-times and content. In addition the staff there is nice and the community is good. When we add the rarity to the equation I think we have all the ingredients for why there are so many requests for it. Some people want it for it's community, some people for the rarity (when you want something you can't have, you want it even more) etc. But like others already said, the global demand for it is very low compared to many other trackers since most people don't even know it exists

messi30
01-17-2008, 06:50 PM
FTN is not good, itīs just perfect.

Yes, is the comunity and tracker in the same time perfect

fOrUmAs
01-17-2008, 08:07 PM
FTN is a great tracker, period, it could be level 1 with open signups that still would be one of the greatest 0day sites around.

yes FTN is great tracker but also as many many others tracker also..

if its for u than dont mean that is for rest of us..i also like FTN but surely its not the greatest of all time:)

Giveaway
01-17-2008, 09:39 PM
sites logo is a pic of admin naked

xJohnxSmithx
01-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi to all

Price???? FTN invites are free. Thats the only way to get one. People who buy or trade will be banned.

your question has been answered.:)

Horatiu
01-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Hi to all

Don't pay for an invite. I you have too much money you can donate after you get in.

v3nger
01-18-2008, 12:22 AM
FTN has one of the best communities I have come across, it's hard to say why it's favoured so much, it's just a cool place to hang :cool:

vinhkhang01
01-18-2008, 01:42 AM
Even though I have many sites, but FTN is my fav.
FTN is the site I usu. check first before others.

Zaxx
01-18-2008, 01:46 AM
i think this topic has been discussed at length several times before. kindly use the search button
spot on PB

+1 (or actually +1,000,000 :P)

lsw0794
01-18-2008, 01:52 AM
too difficult to get invited

nsap
01-18-2008, 02:24 AM
how do you define popular? ftn has a very small userbase compared to other trackers. so if popular means many users - ftn isn't popular. the global demand for ftn isn't very high. most people don't even know the tracker. sites like demonid, oink, or tl nowadays had/have a much higher global demand.

ftn is a tracker with a very high quality standard and it's one of the best 0-day tracker. but other trackers are much more popular. in fact the most popular tracker is pirate bay. ftn gets around 150 new members every month. other trackers get thousands.

popularity can only be measured by the actual userbase and the demand for invites. the begging threads in the invite section attract attention, that doesn't mean that there is a high overall demand for ftn invites. the tracker is rare, because there are more people requesting invites than people giving them. most people in this thread will answer why they like ftn, but not why it is popular.

I don't know why you feel the need to seperate every sentence with blank space, so I went ahead and cleaned up your posts and put them into lovely little paragraphs.

Anyway, FTN is very popular - it has little to do with the number of users they actually have or how many people know about them. The idea is that they stay private to prevent themselves from gaining the attention of whatever agency is bored. I think it is safe to say that if FTN was able to manage the same quality as a public tracker, FTN would win that war rather quickly.

Also, remember that in trying to stay out of trouble, they don't go out of their way to say or do something controversial like TPB does. Again, if FTN had the same kind of publicity as TPB, then there would be no argument. I mean, this is the same website that tells its users not to post their URL anywhere. The only way to hear of this site is to be dedicated to file sharing to the point where you actually go looking for a better site. Most people don't care about the low quality of TPB because it's easy and they don't really care.

So yes, FTN is very popular, and it's two-fold:
1) They are an incredibly high quality tracker with a friendly community and
2) There are plenty of people that want to get in, however in an effort to protect themselves and the strong community they have built, they refuse to let more than a few thousand people in.

I mean, you wouldn't tell your car buddies about how popular Toyota is when they start talking about Bugatti and Rolls Royce, would you?

Zaxx
01-18-2008, 08:00 AM
I don't know why you feel the need to seperate every sentence with blank space, so I went ahead and cleaned up your posts and put them into lovely little paragraphs.

Dunno how you do it at zeropaid but here people tend to post how ever the hell they want as long as they follow the rules afaik.
Nice post but -1 for the 'tude (both in your post and in your sig). :rolleyes:

pandabear
01-18-2008, 08:15 AM
I enjoy the 'tude, if we may go offtopic. Its good to see people willing to stamp their authority, rather than suck up to everyone to get the invites they want.

Zaxx
01-18-2008, 08:20 AM
His stars are the wrong color for 'authority'...:shutup:

;)

NOLF
01-18-2008, 10:20 AM
To me it's not about the always freeleech issue, it's more the quality of the community and staff, it's rarely seen on a tracker, also it's a very personal tracker where most users know each other. I simply love it :P

nsap
01-18-2008, 10:44 AM

Dunno how you do it at zeropaid but here people tend to post how ever the hell they want as long as they follow the rules afaik.
Nice post but -1 for the 'tude (both in your post and in your sig). :rolleyes:

I'll remember to keep tabs on how you feel about my posts because you are obviously a very important person here, with all 108 posts of yours.

And considering the number of "you should post more around here" posts I see in this place, I don't care if you like my sig or not. Maybe you guys should get over this elitist "look at my post count it's bigger than yours" attitude first and then I'll work on my attitude.

Zaxx
01-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Maybe you guys should get over this elitist "look at my post count it's bigger than yours" attitude first and then I'll work on my attitude.

Where? Your trippin'. Have not said shit about anyone's post count. Never thought I'd actually 'use' the ignore feature here...:rolleyes:

rukshankb
01-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Thank you very much for all

C-mos
01-18-2008, 01:46 PM
how do you define popular?

ftn has a very small userbase compared to other trackers.

so if popular means many users - ftn isn't popular.

the global demand for ftn isn't very high. most people don't even know the tracker.

sites like demonid, oink, or tl nowadays had/have a much higher global demand.

ftn is a tracker with a very high quality standard and it's one of the best 0-day tracker.

but other trackers are much more popular.

in fact the most popular tracker is pirate bay.

ftn gets around 150 new members every month.

other trackers get thousands.

popularity can only be measured by the actual userbase and the demand for invites.

the begging threads in the invite section attract attention, that doesn't mean that there is a high overall demand for ftn invites.

the tracker is rare, because there are more people requesting invites than people giving them.

most people in this thread will answer why they like ftn, but not why it is popular.

+1 you are the man :D:D

nsap
01-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Maybe you guys should get over this elitist "look at my post count it's bigger than yours" attitude first and then I'll work on my attitude.

Where? Your trippin'. Have not said shit about anyone's post count. Never thought I'd actually 'use' the ignore feature here...:rolleyes:

Go look around the invites section. It's not hard to find. And does anyone actually care if you ignore me?

Oh, and :rolleyes:

aysomc
01-18-2008, 06:36 PM
i dont like it when people suck up but at the same time putting what you have in your sig makes you seem like a cocky prick.

MARINE619
01-18-2008, 06:47 PM
when i get there i will tell you,,,

netwon
01-18-2008, 07:13 PM
don't we all wannt to get in FTN...

fsephie
01-18-2008, 07:15 PM

Go look around the invites section. It's not hard to find. And does anyone actually care if you ignore me?

Oh, and :rolleyes:

You can get respect quite easily without having a large post count if you don't act like a jerk, actually.

fstokebanget
01-18-2008, 07:54 PM
don't we all wannt to get in FTN...

:yup::yup::yup:

but from what I heard, after my friends got into FTN, they have problem with seeding, because many ppl there use seedboxes, makes very difficult for personal connection to upload

Zaxx
01-18-2008, 08:45 PM
They've made it a lot easier for those who don't have fast connections...they do not have ratios anymore. The rule is seed 1:1 OR seed for 72 hours. This doesn't mean you can d/l something then cap your u/l speed down to like 5k for 72 hrs..well you can, but you'll get a pm/warning before long about it. Just make sure you make an honest attempt to seed back to 1:1..if after 72 hours you run out of leechers or whatever your free to move on. Most fast sites realize that some peeps with slower connections have trouble keeping a good ratio. ScT only counts 3/4 of what you d/l against your ratio to help out because they realized lots of peeps where just surviving from free leech to free leech (w 2x u/l credit) to keep their ratio up. SCC..another very fast site is expanding it's userbase to bring in more leechers to help with ratios. I've been a member of all these sites for almost 2 years with only 512kb/s (~60k) up speed and managed to do fine..just have to watch what you grab, when you grab it (make sure it's a fresh release with plenty of leeches), and don't go overboard. Now I've moved to a different cable co's area and have a 20Mb down/2Mb up connection..but if I am not watchful I can STILL easily get behind. Some users learn the tips and tricks to keep a decent ratio on fast sites...some get mad and give up, just depends how determined you are.

@nsap

And does anyone actually care if you ignore me?Seems your some piece of work..no ignore list for you, your special and need special attention me thinks. 'I'm your huckleberry!' and you'll soon be plenty sick of me and maybe then you'll leave..we can only hope. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Go look around the invites section. It's not hard to find.I wouldn't know, I don't have access to the invite section. But it looks like that's the only reason you come here..maybe peeps in the invite section tolerate you, if so..PLEASE GO BACK..we'll be fine without you..honestly! :wave:

edit: Heh...looks like today is my 30th day. I'll go check out all the post count eliteists/noob haters your talking about.
edit: Hmm...browsed for about an hour, didn't see 'em. Surly they are there..by reading your post they must be everywhere!
Maybe I just missed them. I'll look even harder.:unsure:

broomhead
01-18-2008, 09:10 PM
It's truly a great tracker. That's all there is to it. Probably the best tracker actualy. FTN's community is probably the best there is, the packs there are great, speeds are great, pretimes are fast, I'm waiting for an invite.

Presto
01-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Guava is simply a delicious fruit. It's sweet, soft and juicy. It's probably the best darn fruit! And it looks great! I'd really like to taste it one day.

broomhead
01-18-2008, 09:15 PM
^^^^^^^^
WTF? sPaM

_coder_
01-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Wait a minute FTN is not popular?

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m235/issilliuc/ruSerious.jpg

broomhead
01-18-2008, 09:19 PM
LOL I don't know what people are talking about, that guy who said that FTN is not popular and there is not much demand for it???

pandabear
01-18-2008, 09:44 PM
I don't know i like people who stick out from the rest.This guy already got my attention, which is always a better thing, then being known for doing heaps of giveaways (hence being well known for breaking tracker rules..)

fOrUmAs
01-18-2008, 09:48 PM
wtf with this all big pics ??

lol i could understand if fatcat doing that,he almost put pics on every post he made lol, but i didin't expect from others too..its really boring:P

zaipe
01-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Ignore this.

Horatiu
01-19-2008, 01:07 AM
wtf with this all big pics ??

lol i could understand if fatcat doing that,he almost put pics on every post he made lol, but i didin't expect from others too..its really boring:P

It's actually entertaining :rolleyes:

nsap
01-19-2008, 01:13 AM
@nsap

Seems your some piece of work..no ignore list for you, your special and need special attention me thinks. 'I'm your huckleberry!' and you'll soon be plenty sick of me and maybe then you'll leave..we can only hope. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:lol:

First you're going to ignore me, now you're going to stalk me. This sounds like fun. However, I'm going to put good money on it that you're all talk.

Go look around the invites section. It's not hard to find.I wouldn't know, I don't have access to the invite section. But it looks like that's the only reason you come here..maybe peeps in the invite section tolerate you, if so..PLEASE GO BACK..we'll be fine without you..honestly! :wave:
How does it look like the invites section is the only reason I come here? I only have 1 post in the invites section. Nice detective work, chief.

edit: Heh...looks like today is my 30th day. I'll go check out all the post count eliteists/noob haters your talking about.
edit: Hmm...browsed for about an hour, didn't see 'em. Surly they are there..by reading your post they must be everywhere!
Maybe I just missed them. I'll look even harder.:unsure:

They're there and you did miss them. Based on the previous statement of how I'm only here for the invites section when all but one of my posts have been in the regular forums, I'm not surprised that you wouldn't be able to find them.

Dark Archon
01-26-2008, 07:27 PM
F*N is overhyped < that's how it got its popularly.

Brandon
01-26-2008, 07:32 PM

:rolleyes: Funny you should say that when I notice your signature says:
":fst:BitMeTV, BCG, and F*N...It's All I Want :fst:"

FatBob
01-26-2008, 07:42 PM

how could someone actually judge a tracker if he isnt a part of it ?

are you OT VIII ? :unsure: